Affliction 2 “Day Of Reckoning” Fedor vs Arlovski Results LIVE

Updated: January 24, 2009
afflilction-dayofreckoning-poster

Affliction 2 “Day of Reckoning” features a heavyweight superfight between WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko and former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei “The Pitbull” Arlovski.

The undercard portion of the fightcard air live on HDNet at 7pm EST, with the Pay-Per-View to follow at 9pm EST.

Live Affliction Results after the JUMP.

MAIN CARD – PPV

• Andrei Arlovski vs. Fedor Emelianenko
    Result: Fedor Emelianenko defeats Andrei Arlovski by KO at 3:14 of R1.
  • Josh Barnett vs. Gilbert Yvel
    Result: Josh Barnett defeats Gilbert Yvel via Submission (Strikes) at 3:05 of R3.
  • Matt Lindland vs. Vitor Belfot
    Result: Vitor Belfot defeats Matt Lindland by KO at 0:37 of R1.
  • Renato “Babalu” Sobral vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
    Result: Renato “Babalu” Sobral defeats Rameau Thierry Sookoudjou via Submission (D’arce Choke) at 2:36 of R2.

• Paul Buentello vs. Kiril Sidellnikov
    Result: Paul Buentello defeats Kiril Sidelnikov via TKO (Doctor Stoppage) at 4:18 of R3.
  • Bobby Green vs. Dan Lauzon
    Result: Dan Lauzon defeats Josh Green via Submission at 4:55 of R1.

PRELIMINARY CARD – HDNET

• Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
    Result: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira defeats Vladimir Matyushenko via TKO (Strikes) at 4:26 of R2.
  • Jay Hieron vs. Jason High
    Result: Jay Hieron defeats Jason High via KO (Punch) in R1.
  • Bao Quach vs. LC Davis
    Result: LC Davis defeats Bao Quach by Unanimous Decision.
  • Albert Rios vs. Antonio Duarte
    Result: Albert Rios defeats Antonio Duarte by Unanimous Decision.
  • Brett Cooper vs. Patrick Speight
    Result: Brett Cooper defeats Patrick Speight via TKO (Punches) at 4:10 of R2

1. Me

January 24, 2009 at 7:50 pm

Fedor faced arlovski's strength by fighting on feet until fedor exploiting arlovski's wrong timing…..by knocking him out.

2. roy

January 24, 2009 at 7:52 pm

it was a great night of fights for me babalu got a good win and josh did good although he should have finished earlier, but he sai he couldn't breath and he did seem winded. he is a big strong guy and could give fedor a good fight or at least give fedor another great fighter on his resume that he beat.

3. Me

January 24, 2009 at 7:54 pm

Fedor true MMA legend…yeah call it nuttuggin

4. Me

January 24, 2009 at 7:59 pm

hey culo it not a lazy punch……that's how you execute a perfect-timing punch. It takes a single punch to knock out someone cold…..AA made a noob mistake and he paid the price though i have to admit that he is one of the best stand-up fighters in MMA and knocking him out cold with a single punch is not lucky or "LAZY". It only takes timing dude.

5. whodini

January 25, 2009 at 12:37 am

Babalu gave Souko an ass whooping …Lindlind got what i thought he would .. and AA he's not good to begin with so im not supprised about that either .. and Josh Barnett looked better than he has in the past

January 25, 2009 at 12:41 am

like i have been saying Vitor is the BEST 185 FIGHTER… i would love to see him fight in the UFC but its good that he is the champ at AFFLICTION…

Crazy knock outs with vitor

January 25, 2009 at 12:44 am

i would like to see Renato “Babalu” Sobral go to 185 and fight anderson or vitor.. or a chuck 3 ha he is a pretty good fight but very well around guy..

8. richaaron

January 25, 2009 at 12:46 am

Great card. Good fights. Tito sucks. AA got over-confident with his boxing. That guy doing backstage interviews needs to quit smoking. I'd like to see Bobby Green fight again. Not too bad for a kid who has only been in MMA for 2 years. I hope Affliction got the numbers they needed to stay in the game. I wonder how much $$ they saved by not using Micheal Buffer..? Looking forward to the next one. Hopefully it'll be sooner than 8 months… -Rich

January 25, 2009 at 12:47 am

i really want to see Bobby green on the Next TUF show, that would be crazy funny and good..he took the fight on 32 hour and he had to fight a badass ha and he is just like the Crazy hosre

Bobby "Little crazy horse" Green

10. richaaron

January 25, 2009 at 1:03 am

Tom, did you see when Bobby realized De La Hoya was sitting ringside? "Damn, thats De La Hoya right there". That was classic. I like the kid. I think with some more training with the right people, he could turn out to be a great asset to the organization.

11. t-los

January 25, 2009 at 1:31 am

aa looked good on his feet before the one hitter quitter. he was fast and was beating fedor to the punch but like your boy faber trying to shoot something fancy got caught. another example of being over confident. and bobby green was so terribly sloppy. i was embarrassed for him, you knew in the end he would get submitted. the lauzons are known for submissions. how many times really can you kick someone in their shit? it was a buzz kill right off the bat for the ppv. barrnet used his wrestling and it looked good. but he looks out of shape however did go almost 15 mins so thats good. and i can't forget won by submission of blows to the head.

12. David

January 25, 2009 at 3:28 am

Props to Fedor for the KO. It wasn't a lucky punch, Fedor throws no holds barred wild punches. I think that's what Freddie Roach was saying, that he has no technique but that shit works. Of course he has to have some technique but his punches look a lot different than AA's crisp punches. I was impressed with AA for the first few minutes but I like watching a fighter come back from behind to score a KO. I love that shit. Anyway, the only one I wasn't impressed with was Josh Barnett. Yeah, I know, he gassed when he tried to take him out at the end of Round 1 and props to Yvel for hangin in there, but Barnett should have finished him in the 2nd round because Yvel had no take down defense. Barnett could have just laid on him, which he did, and take him down and lay on him some more. I think that fight hurt his reputation because now, I feel that Lesnar has a good shot at Barnett. Both are great wrestlers but Lesnar has the better cardio. Barnett himself wasn't impressed with his victory which shows that he acknowledged it and I respect him for that.

Overall, I thought Affliction had a great card and was smooth throughout the night. And yeah I'll say it, I thought Tito was good 75% of the time. He did have some weird comments like Vitor taking on Anderson Silva but you know what, at this point, why the hell not? I'd like to see that fight happen.

13. Marcos Matos

January 25, 2009 at 3:32 am

It is impressive the way that Fedor remains calm before or after the fight… he will always be one of the bests. However, yesterday night he seems to respect Arlovisk more than he uses to respect others opponents. I believe that yesterday Arlovisk had more chances to win than Fedor.

Minotauro, parabéns por mais uma vitória. You are the best brazilian fighter ever! I inspire myself on you!

14. ron shaw

January 25, 2009 at 3:43 am

fedor has been the greatest heavyweight for a while now. i'm not suprised that he ko andrei arlovski. but he didnt dominate the fight up till that point. not that he was in trouble, he just bounded off of the ropes toyingly and arlovski thought he had him going. but i dont think fedor looked great up till the knockout. so i dont see how people said that fedor picked arlovski apart. it wasnt as impressive as the silvia victory for me.

15. krage

January 25, 2009 at 4:00 am

LUCKY or at least as close as a fighter can get to it.

16. whodini

January 25, 2009 at 4:19 am

Tito sucked as usuall .. who does he think he is ?

17. Kash

January 25, 2009 at 4:37 am

Tito was a little awkward giving interviews. I thought he would be better as an commentator. Mir is a much better fighter/commentator.

I guess we can't say Arlovski might have a suspect chin anymore, he definitely does. I'm glad Fedor won but I was hoping AA would put up a better fight.

The first fight was pretty funny. Hood style worked for a while until it went to the ground. Green was like "look theres Donald Trump…de la Hoya." The whole show was good and I hope Affliction makes.

18. Dave

January 25, 2009 at 4:48 am

I think it's funny to hear people say that single punch knockouts are "lucky". It just proves to the rest of us that they have never competed in any type of MMA dicipline. Fedor's punch was text-book in timing and technique when you watch the numerous slow-mo replays. Chin down, eyes up through impact. Occasionally you will see a wild, eyes closed, punch land on a guy's chin, but that isn't how anyone can realistically describe what Fedor did to poor Arlovski. AA looked great until he foolishly decided to try and land that flying knee.

19. richaaron

January 25, 2009 at 5:39 am

I almost forgot about the WEC tonight! I think Cerrone is gonna take the title and Uriah is gonna KO Jens in the 1st…

20. fedor24

January 25, 2009 at 6:03 am

I almost started buying into all the Fedor haters B.S. before this fight. the first 2 minutes of the fight I was full of doubt as I watched AA stalk Fedor. Then it happened. Fedor draws in ANOTHER ufc champ and gets him pregnant. Its been awhile since I saw anyone compete with fedor in the standup. I forgot how explosive and fast he is when he sees an opening. They said AA was a great finisher. Fedor finished him with one punch. I thought fedor looked unbalanced and tentative as I am sure AA did as well. We were both wrong. Barnett looked great to me. I know some people think he gassed but Josh did say he was breathing and swallowing a lot of blood and that forced him to win the fight in a more methodical manner than he wanted. His wrestling looked as good as ever and his gnp was effective as well. Barnett vs Fedor will be epic. Josh has a rock solid chin, good standup, excellent wrestling and bjj. Josh and Fedor are great friends and will put on a great show. Josh will not be intimidated by Fedor. I believe Fedor will suffer his first real loss in mma against Josh Barnett later this year. I can't believe I just typed that.

21. Beto

January 25, 2009 at 6:24 am

When it comes to Fedor there's no such thing as a lucky punch. He is that accurate and he was losing the fight with a purpose. Listen to his commentaries after his fights, he always wants to see what his opponent has to offer. Same strategy Anderson applies in his fights. They both make it seem they are being overwhelmed but it's all part of their game. I thought Arlovski looked bad walking off on Fedor when he was going after him in what looked to raise his hand and exchange words of encouragement plus all the bashing on Fedor before the fight. Fedor HAS the spirit of a fighter and never lowers himself to shit talking or laughing at your opponent alas many ufc fighters (Penn, Mir, Liddell etc)

22. fedor24

January 25, 2009 at 6:32 am

I agree Beto. AA didn't show much class by not acknowledging fedor's gesture. I'm sure he was disappointed in getting ko'd in such a humiliating fashion. AA is still a great fighter and will do well in the future. it just wasn't his night against Fedor. I hope they find a good fight for him to try and rebound with later this year.

23. Shogun of Harlem

January 25, 2009 at 6:33 am

all hail the king Fedor.

24. dane drebin

January 25, 2009 at 9:10 am

i think ther only person who could beat fedor is if you combined barnettes wrestling, size and chin with AA's striking. they both have holes in their game that i think fedor will expose. i think josh's is his stand up and i think thats were fedor will be the most dominate against him. josh has a really good chin tho so he may pull the upset but judging from lastnights performances it doesnt look like that's gunna be the case.

25. steve

January 25, 2009 at 10:59 am

Josjs chin is good but not as good as u guys r making it out to be. Barnett is the sam guy who couldnt beat Cro Cop. He has lost to him 3 times. Remeber when Cro Cop blasted him in th eye and Barnett just went into a fetal position. I dont see him being able to lay on Fedor without getting armbard and I dont see how he could stand with fedor. His chin is good up until fedor shatters his chin with percision and pure raw power. Fedor has always thrown everything into his punches and he held nothing back against AA. I really cant wait to see Barnett and him fight dont get merong but its a bad matchup for Barnett. Barnett would have a much better chance against AA b/c he could lay on him but not Fedor.

26. dane drebin

January 25, 2009 at 11:19 am

well no shit steve fedors a bad matchup for anyone good call

27. the chad

January 25, 2009 at 3:23 pm

hey dane!! hey roy!!Iv have watched arlovski fight many times and he was good…since he lost the belt…..he cant match up with whats out here anymore…. kinda like iceman for example! Roy everone can be beat!!!The spyder from theufc? Fedor will get Beat just hang tight!!

WHO GONNA BEAT THE SPYDER!!

Have you ever seen ufc fighters make good money like the affliction fighters !WOW!

28. roy

January 25, 2009 at 5:29 pm

chad dana said the most he ever paid a fighter was 4 million so the top guys are making that.the whole thing with aa not being the same since losing to tim i don't buy into he was the best we have seen him, he beat tim than almost destroyed him again till he got caught and fought a one boring fight with tim where he was tenitive and the fight with werdum he can make anyone look boring and since has beat some tough guys handedly.fedor will lose one day and he will still go down as the best hw ever and silva will lose as well who where his last two fights with irvin and cote if he fights some top lhw or maybe dan or belfort at mw he may lose as well.

29. roy

January 25, 2009 at 5:32 pm

there are no easy fights for anyone, some are alot tougher but anyone could lose any fight its amazing that any fighters have long winning streaks in this sport and everyone will lose at some point it shouldn't be held against them more look at what they where able to do.

30. thedude

January 25, 2009 at 6:01 pm

i think fedor is hyped a little too much. i dont see the big deal in knockiing out arlovski and sylvia, there nothing but ufc rejects that couldnt hang anymore. im not bashing fedor cuz honestly i dont know much about him, but his last 2 fights werent exactly big name wins.

31. dane drebin

January 25, 2009 at 6:32 pm

the dude if arlovski and sylvia arent big name wins who are? jesus some people wont be satisfied no matter what fedor does.

Roy you had a lot of good points good posts for sure

the chad what are u talking about he cant hang since hes lost his title the only person he's lost to is fedor you dont even make sense he was on a 5 fight win streak ur failing man

32. T.R.

January 26, 2009 at 12:53 am

after watching the aa fedor fight i'm very impressed with fedor. I think the only type of person who has a chance with fedor will not have much to do with style but it will have alot to do with confidence.

Barnett will offer a good fight because he's not scared of anyone. I also think Coutoure would have been a good fight because he has no fear. But i just don't see fedor losing anytime soon. Since his pride days Fedor has just gotten better and better. He's also still pretty yound so GOOD LUCK heavy weights.

33. Tim

January 26, 2009 at 2:01 am

I have to disagree with you there…Fedor is impressive but who really impressed me was AA…he was actually winning the fight and was growing confident more and more during the fight he landed more punches etc…Fedor caught him on what appears to be an elbow shot but i dont know….congrats to Fedor but Barnett will pose a great threat to him but after barnett whoe else is there left in Affliction…i hate to say it but if Affliction put on another show it will be Fedor vs Barnett and then i think they will shut down…well probably not but if they keep paying their fighters this much and not making profits they will be forced to close business unless Oscor and trump want to keep blowing millions i mean its already at around 20 Mil they have blown to like no profit…i understand them believing in the product and investing into it but there comes a time and place where you need to way your options…

34. roy

January 26, 2009 at 4:21 am

i don't no i think affliciton put on a great show and the buzz about fedor just gets bigger and people are going to start watching. the barnett fight will be huge and there is always a rematch with aa and they seem to be getting more fighters and if they are around and peoples contracts come up i see more fighters going there.

35. krage

January 26, 2009 at 5:42 am

Fedor got lucky that AA threw that off tempo knee in the first place. That is the luck I am referring to. Fedor just threw the punch. it was Arlovski that jumped into it. And I know pefectly what it is like to compete in a ring, Dave. And will admit to every lucky blind ass punch I ever landed. What about you chump.

36. roy

January 26, 2009 at 5:45 am

so what if fedor got "lucky" if it didn't happen there it would have just been aa's next mistake that got him taken out.

37. the chad

January 26, 2009 at 3:40 pm

Roy! Sorry Dude..Your right! I didnt know dana paid out that much….I was just pissed cause ufc has sucked!

I Also agree with you on SPYDER HE HAS NOT HAD ANY REAL TOP GUYS…TELL ME WHY THEN! IS IT DANA?

I THINK HE CAN BE BEAT, BUT WHOsTHE ONE?

38. the chad

January 26, 2009 at 3:49 pm

DANE THINKS ARLOVSKI BEST!!!

GOOD LUCK!!

39. roy

January 26, 2009 at 4:10 pm

i don't know chad i could see a silva going undefeated and retiring depending on who he fought, he already said he is retiring and i think only has 4 or 5 fights left so why are the wasting one with leites?i am sure he will fight at least a couple mega fights in those last fights and he may still win but maybe not.

40. dane drebin

January 26, 2009 at 6:00 pm

the chad- i cant tell if ur last post was an insult to me or not… my name was in it but the sentence didnt really make sense

if you were saying i think arlovski IS the best alls i have to say is ??? just cuz i dont think he's a chump for losing to fedor like everyone else.

41. whodini

January 26, 2009 at 11:27 pm

AA is an ok fighter he's just not dominating nor really exciting to watch .. but he looks good in the prefight promos .. with the fangs and all .. seems like thats all he has

42. roy

January 27, 2009 at 3:16 am

i think aa is a great fighter and exciting, just because he lost to fedor dosn't mean much everyone else has too, his is a top 5 for sure and i would love to see him fight barnett and the other top guys to see just where he is he mite be #2 at this point with nog not looking like the old nog but that remains to be seen.i would also like to see him fight tim again just to avenge the last 2 fights,and aleks and gilbert would also be good fights to see him in.

43. Tim

January 27, 2009 at 4:42 am

I agree, AA is a great fighter just because he lost to Fedor doesnt mean anything as most end up losing to him but he did impress me up until that stupid knee….i think a rematch could work down the road for them.

44. steve

January 27, 2009 at 6:54 pm

Actually Tim everyone ends up losing to him not just most wink wink. Dane Drebin when I said Barnett is a bad match up compared Fedor and would have a better chance against AA. Why did u put no shit lol. I was pointing out something about Barnetts game that could give him a easy win over AA not just saying Barnett is gonna have trouble against Fedor. Jesus its like ur slow in the head and cant comprehend everything. AA has roughly no ground game and wrestlers have had success laying on him to win rounds or atleast control him. Barnett would be able to take him down and g&p. Thats what I was saying so NO SHIT DANE.