Affliction 3: Josh Barnett Not Licensed To Fight Fedor Emelianenko Due To Positive Test?

Updated: July 22, 2009
fedor-barnett1

fedor-barnett1

Oh snap, this better not be a false report like yesterday’s “Kimo Death” debacle. Sherdog is reporting that Josh Barnett will not be licensed to fight Fedor Emelianenko at Affliction 3 “Trilogy” on Aug. 1, due to an undisclosed “positive test”.

Multiple sources have told Sherdog.com that the California State Athletic Commission will not license Josh Barnett after a positive test result. Calls to Affliction Entertainment were not immediately returned. The CSAC said a comprehensive statement would be issued Wednesday.

If this report comes proves true, Affliction just lost its main event 11 days before fight night. It is currently unclear if the positive test is drug or medical related. Josh Barnett has yet to be notified by the CSAC.

“I took my test three weeks ago. I would have thought I would have heard something by now …. No matter what happens with this, I can assure you I will clear my name. This will not be something that I am defined by.”

According to the report Vitor Belfort has agreed “In Principal” to face Fedor in the main event. Belfort is currently scheduled to take on Jorge Santiago on the main card of Affliction 3.

UPDATE
Fanhouse confirms the news with afflictions Tom Atencio.

“He tested positive for a banned substance,” Atencio said of Barnett. “The athletic commission will not reinstate his license.”

“Just look for updates. … I’m working on getting the best replacement possible.”

1. Cobra Clutch

July 23, 2009 at 4:37 am

this will just keep going on and on until you get the last word in, right? OK, you win, Zack. You're the man, you have no problems with your attitude and you're right about everything. Why don't you just remove these boxes for us to comment on, since you can just post your ideas, and we'll all just agree and never question you, because you're perfect.

I merely suggested you guys get a room because you kept going at it. You guys both embarrassed yourselves with your public display of stupidity. And I made a joke about it. If you can't take it, then that's your problem, dude. Lighten up, takes some meds, and get off the roids. It's really effecting your sense of reality. Hahaha.

Alright…there are starving people in this world, wars, and a high unemployment rate. I don't need to waste time with children like Zack any more.

Have the last word, Zack, go ahead and tell me to f-off, or whatever you need to spit to feel like a man. I'm done with this site. It's really just stupid with all this bickering and childish b.s.

2. Cobra Clutch

July 23, 2009 at 4:39 am

Harold, by backing up someone who posts "fuck you fuck off, fuck fuck fuck" you're just one of them. And you are, because there's a link next to your name.

You children have fun with your little bashing site. I'll find another one to get my MMA news from.

Hope you all find some positive direction in your lives, and learn to express yourselves in other ways instead of swearing and insulting people…..and learn to take a joke in stride.

Peace.

3. zack

July 23, 2009 at 4:44 am

I'm not going to tell to F off and I never said I was perfect and quit saying I'm on Roids, its not funny, your a one looking childish here, Harold agrees with me. You are right about one thing I don't need to waste MY time talking to a child like you…I'll be the bigger man here and say lets just end it here…Okay…No more….Deal???

4. Harold

July 23, 2009 at 4:48 am

All I was saying is you did start the insults with zach…And zach was at least able to apologize when he was in the wrong, unlike you. Good, go ahead and get your mma info somewhere else….

5. Viper

July 23, 2009 at 4:53 am

WOOOH……COBRA CLUTCH SAYS HE LEAVING!!!!!!! Good get the fuck out of here then.

6. roy

July 23, 2009 at 5:00 am

cobra your the only one who is keeping it going here, so when we talk shit we are immature but when you try to live your gay sexual fantasies through us your just joking right? hypocrit.

ps. cobra i aplogize if we offended you sexuallity, its ok for you to bea homosexual i really don't hate gay people.

7. Vin

July 23, 2009 at 5:51 am

What's the most comments ever for one page????

8. Cobra Clutch

July 23, 2009 at 7:37 am

Fuck you guys. All I did is make a joke, and this aggro-douche starts with the fuck you fuck him fuck everybody. If you guys defend him, then you can all go suck on the same dick of stupidity that he's chugging on.

9. MW74

July 23, 2009 at 7:48 am

zachary, just saw the comment"fuck you tomw74"…I never said anything bad about you. I simply stated that if you were the calibur of fighter to be constantly challenging folks to step into the cage…you wouldn't have the time to spend here with the rest of US. Nothing wrong with that. Just saying this is a site for folks to shre opinions and debate…not get heated and contemplate ACTUALLY trying to fight someone. That S#!t is just crazy talk! I don't get paid to fight guys and if I do have to fight someone it is definitely not gonna be sanctioned or have parameters other than fight to survive. Really, is that such an insult?

10. zack

July 23, 2009 at 7:51 am

I apologize if you meant it that way. I guess I took it has a insult…

11. MW74

July 23, 2009 at 7:53 am

naw, man…negative perspiration…(no sweat :)…I don't roll like that unless I think the other cat's gonna get it and laugh too, U know?

12. Billy

July 23, 2009 at 7:58 am

I think everyone here thinks your the dumbass, Corba Clutch….

13. Al 2.0

July 23, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Barnett is done and I heard Fedor's management say that they would want brett rogers first, and vitor if they can't make that work….and I just don't understand that. Sherdog.com main story for source.

14. Al

July 23, 2009 at 2:53 pm

remember when this thread was to talk about fedor and barnett? I sure don’t.

15. MW74

July 23, 2009 at 2:59 pm

NOW I REMEMBER!!! This used to be an mma forum didn’t it. we should do that again..I’ll start. 1st who the hell gives a rat’s ass about barnett now? 2nd, and mos def’ more importantly, What the hell is Fedor’s option after affliction other than strike some even 1/2 assed deal with dana and the fertitos

16. Mike

July 23, 2009 at 3:48 pm

Well Brett Rogers is a HW and Vitor isn't…. and Vitor is already set to fight a good opponent in his weight class.

take Vitor out of that fight and who do you replace him with?

17. derek

July 23, 2009 at 3:51 pm

Brett Roger's best chance will be in the first 30 seconds. After that, Fedor would have figured him out, will take him to the ground, and either submit or GnP him.

18. Ryan S

July 23, 2009 at 9:18 pm

I love how MW74 will insult someone, but word it cleverly and NO ONE SEES IT!!! I remember I've gotten into it with him and it's hard to stay angry with a guy that clever.