Andrei Arlovski Is Not Retiring

Updated: February 18, 2011
ANDREI-FRDOR-

Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski puts to side rumors of his retirement.

“I’m fine, I feel no physical pain, but emotional my soul hurts … My soul hurts, but I’m absolutely not i’m going to F#$@ retire.”

The Pitbull plans to reassess things following a soul searching trip to Moscow. Arlovski also brings up that one of his trainer in Chicago is saying behind his back, that he should retire.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcLPl40dWh4

1. dude

February 20, 2011 at 10:14 am

dude had one good run in his career. what a joke

2. Hall and Oats

February 20, 2011 at 10:23 pm

That's not fair, he's had some big fights, including major KO's against Ben Rothwell and Roy Nelson, and I think he initially won his title belt with the UFC by knocking out the previous holder I think, it was awhile ago.

3. ironcjb82

February 21, 2011 at 2:52 am

Dudes a joke now, needs to retire. And he thought he should be considered top ten still, LOL.

4. Ox

February 21, 2011 at 11:38 am

IMO he has concentrated so much on his boxing that he has forgotten other aspects of MMA, such as kicking, takedowns, wrestling, and submissions. He has become so 1 dimensional that he is very predictable. This guy has a Black belt in Sambo and is a Purple or Brown belt in BJJ…why doesn't he try taking someone down? MMA is not boxing but he it seems like he is mainly working on his boxing.

5. dude

February 21, 2011 at 5:34 pm

who did he knock out tim sylvia? i wouldnt brag much on that one

6. jbug

February 21, 2011 at 10:04 pm

he submitted tim sylvia…

7. MMA Maniac

February 21, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Paul Buentello

KO for the belt

8. hosan

February 22, 2011 at 5:22 am

Andrei had a decent run back then. He for certain deserves more respect than people are giving him. He doesn't look the same these days, but he aged and we have a new breed of heavyweights coming into the mix. Much respect to him, even though he's probably not gonna win anymore.

9. Kash

February 24, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I think he's got a chin problem but he is still better than most heavyweights out there so there's no reason to retire.