East Coast MMA: BATTLE CAGE XTREME V

Updated: July 11, 2008
Battle Cage Xtreme

This weekend, MMA will take center ring on the East Coast with the occasion of Battle Cage Xtreme V. The evening will take place at the Tropicana in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Set to be aired on HDNet as well as streamed live, this is one of the area’s biggest local events of the year.

Below is a Press Release published on July 8, 2008, to promote Battle Cage Xtreme V:

ATLANTIC CITY– Excitement over Battle Cage Xtreme V continues to grow as July 12th gets closer. The card is set, the fighters are ready, the BCX girls are hot as ever and the list of celebrity guests continues to grow because everyone wants to be there.

In addition to the nearly sold out show Saturday the 12th TSEG Promotions has announced that the weigh-ins for the fight will be held at on the boardwalk at Corky’s BBQ & Ribs at the Tropicana on Friday July 11th. at 3pm. Fans and press can meet and interview the fighters and cage girls. There will be a DJ, giveaways, special guests and some great southern food.

Topping an action packed card is the main event with 6 time NCAA title holder and NFL Pro Bowler Carlton Haselrig returning to Battle Cage Xtreme to defend his title won at BCX IV in April. Since his last appearance at BCX he has added a win against Carlos Moreno to remain undefeated. At BCX V he faces his toughest opponent yet in Joe “Apocalypse” Abouata. Also returning to defend titles won at BCX IV are Tim Troxell and Pat Audinwood. Justin Haskins, Jon Jones and Josh Keys are returning after wins at BCX IV to pursue titles. With a total of six title fights on the card along with nine undercard fights this promises to be a great night of Pro MMA cage fighting BCX fans have come to expect. The card is subject to change.

As it stands, this is the latest complete fight card:

- Carlton Haselrig vs. Joe Abouata [USKBA/BCX Title] 265 lbs
– Chris Volo vs. Don Wagner 205 lbs
– Dan Baker vs. Shawn Foreman 170 lbs
– Carlos Eduardo vs. Ryan Contaldi 205 lbs
– Joey Camacho vs. Micah Goss 145 lbs
– Hercules Benjamin vs. Paul White 265 lbs
– Joey Brown vs. Fernando Bernandino 155 lbs

Though most of these guys are virtual unknowns in mainstream MMA, I am definitely looking forward to seeing a lot of the local talent. Being a born-and-raised Jersey girl, I get a little extra kick out of seeing other east coasters in the ring. But in particular, I expect to see some good fights out of the top of the card. I liked what I saw from Carlton Haselrig at Elite XC’s Primetime event, so I hope to see a repeat performance. But of course, Joe Abouata will give him a run for his money (although he hasn’t yet fought in 2008, and his last fight was a loss). Likewise, coming off a great win in BCX IV is Justin Haskins, facing another BCX IV victor, Judah Ciervo. And rounding out the top 3 fights is a hot 4-0 Jon Jones who will attempt to defend his streak against Moyses Gabin (coming off a submission loss only 2 months ago).

All in all, it’s looking to be an interesting night of fights. It’s in illustrious Atlantic City and at least for this event, I don’t have to listen to Mike Goldberg stumbling over his words!

1. Onri

July 11, 2008 at 9:24 am

Local events are fun for sure. I'm going to have to miss that one Nichole because I live in Cali but have fun.

2. Nichole Lesniak

July 11, 2008 at 1:29 pm

Should be a good time. BCX puts on some good shows with the local talent.

3. PooPooPlatter

July 12, 2008 at 1:37 am

Local MMA shows can be fun! I'd like to hear how things go.

4. Eric

July 12, 2008 at 11:02 pm

The card was great….The show started our a little bit slow but from the 8th fight on it was action packed.

Due to the number of fights these guys put on there is no issues missing the first few.

5. joe

July 13, 2008 at 1:38 am

anyone got the results from bcx5

6. Nichole Lesniak

July 13, 2008 at 1:45 am

Didn't get home til 4AM….I"ll have the results up for you guys later today. I was really pleasantly surprised by the whole show….it was pretty good.

7. Nick

July 13, 2008 at 1:46 am

I just wanna' know the result of the Hercules Benjamin and Paul White fight. It was the second match on the card. Anyone know who won that match???

8. Nichole Lesniak

July 13, 2008 at 2:09 am

That was a sick fight. Benjamin knocked White out!

9. joe

July 13, 2008 at 2:14 am

result from josh keys vs jose figueroa

10. BattleCageXtreme

July 14, 2008 at 6:35 am

The full results are on our website http://www.battlecagextreme.com Photos and video will be up shortly.

11. LORA

July 15, 2008 at 2:16 am

I SAW YOUR COMMENT ON THE BENJAMIN/WHITE FIGHT.

WHAT WAS THE OUTCOME YOU WERE HOPING FOR?

12. Nick

July 15, 2008 at 9:22 am

Ha! Not really. It was Whites first pro fight. I thought for sure he would give Benjamin a good fight. But I think Whites inexperience and eagerness got him in trouble.

13. Nick

July 16, 2008 at 10:01 am

Anyone have any idea where I can find pics and video of Battle Cage Xtreme 5??????

14. BattleCageXtreme

July 16, 2008 at 11:36 am

We're in the process of getting the photos up now and the DVD will be for sale on our website soon. http://www.battlecagextreme.com

We also posted some links to other sites with BCX V photos.

15. Nichole Lesniak

July 16, 2008 at 2:30 pm

Honestly, Paul White came out of his corner like a wild man! He was really winning the fight almost the entire round. He manhandled Benjamin most of the time. But Herc caught him with an amazing right and that's what took White down (mouthpiece flying and all). White definitely has a future in MMA. This fight was just proof that all it takes is one perfectly landed punch to end a fight, even if it's not going in your favor.

16. Nick

July 17, 2008 at 1:35 am

Yeah, Paul White is a good friend of mine. He trained hard for a year to fight in the cage. I hope he decised to try it again. As for Hercules Benjamin, I think he just got lucky.

17. Susanne

July 17, 2008 at 7:11 am

Also looking for copies of photos & video of Joey "Knockdown" Brown's fight against Bernardino. Thanks

18. Mary

July 19, 2008 at 1:26 am

Hercules did not get lucky…it's called skill people. The round only lasted 2:01 so how could Paul be winning the entire round until he got TKO? Herc's been training a long time to fight MMA and he's tough as hell, I think he proved that when he went all 3 rounds with Perez. Paul White was cocky and that's one thing you can't be coming into the ring.

19. Nick

July 19, 2008 at 12:06 pm

Mary, you basically repeated what I said in different words. I agree, Pauls eagerness, inexperience and cockiness got him in trouble. And Benjamin got lucky because of that. I have no doubt of Herc's power and experience. I seen what paul can do, a little more training and discipline will make him a force to reckon with. That I guarantee.

20. Nichole Lesniak

July 19, 2008 at 1:58 pm

Don't take it personally Mary. The fight last just over 2 minutes, but Herc was losing for 1:45 of it. I didn't call the punch luck…it was a well timed perfect right. But he was NOT dominating until that point.

If there is serious interest in more BCX V photos, you can find Cage Today's photos here:

The photos are in reverse order, from main event back down the card.

21. Saadow

July 21, 2008 at 12:25 am

I actually worked for Troxell at a local shipping companies warehouse. He's a cool dude, good head on his shoulders. I knew he'd keep the title.

22. carla

August 1, 2008 at 8:47 am

Actually…Paul won that fight. That ref stopped the fight way too early. Paul been fighting for years and that punch was shit to him. He wasnt even knocked out. Paul was getting up. If it was the UFC they would have never stopped it. Shit, I seen worse in UFC and on the streets. That was a straight cat fight to Paul.

23. carla

August 1, 2008 at 8:49 am

Even Hercules told Paul that hes a beast and would never wanna fight him again. He told Paul that hes a really tough dude and that the ref really shouldn't have stopped it. Hercules was surprised that the ref stopped it. Come on its a HEAVY weight fight, not a light weight. They can take more hits, so I really don't even know why the ref stopped it. So there you go. Put A and B together.

24. carla

August 1, 2008 at 8:56 am

That was a great fight. My respect goes out to every fighter. It takes a lot to be a fighter and to get into that ring. Shit I would never do it. LOL.

25. Mary

August 4, 2008 at 1:42 am

Just for the record…Hercules never told Paul that he didn't or wouldn't fight him again. I know Hercules very well and if they had to fight again, he would take the opportunity, Herc doesn't back down from anyone.

26. carla

August 6, 2008 at 8:03 am

Paul would knock him the fuck out tho. Paul's a beast. LOL(all jokes aside) But shit its all good, its beter to loose a pro fight in Battle Cage then in UFC. But Hercules was stronger than I thought he was. He's a great fighter and I give him props. Hope all goes well for both and everyone in MMA career.

27. Nick

August 13, 2008 at 10:03 am

Where can I find a highlight video of BCX V?????

28. LORA

August 20, 2008 at 9:55 pm

as far as all the comments on the benjamin/white fight

you obviously didn't listen to the comments the announcer made on the internet about benjamin, and you are obviously related to white. the end result is, he got knocked out!!!!!

29. OhCumOn!

May 31, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Yeeeeeeaaaah. So…Mary an ex-girlfriend of Herc's and Lora is his sister…thus the jabbing and defensive comments…HERC SUCKS is sloppy, lazy and got LUCKY & I hope he gets his ass handed to him June 5&6.