BJ Penn Breaks The Silence, Talks UFC 94

Updated: February 16, 2009

BJ Penn talks about the drama surrounding UFC 94.

1. Jake

February 16, 2009 at 9:02 am

Somebody better put BJ on suicide watch if he loses to florian. He still looks shook up.

2. MW74

February 16, 2009 at 10:03 am

Hey guys, school's out for the week and I'm back. Somebody better put ME on suicide watch after BJ's last performance….."daddy drinks because you cry"….. I have no other choice than to admit it GSP fans…you were right…hey ! wait a minute!…I DO HAVE OTHER CHOICES!! NO! You see… it..it was vaseline! Yeah,that's it!….Vaseline! Riiight?!…I mean for his decision to be in this movie, not the fight.

3. dmc

February 16, 2009 at 10:14 am

I think many of the BJ fans are much like BJ. Everytime he loses they look for an excuse as well. I wonder if all the people who say they TRULY believe BJ only lost because of the vaseline incident would be willing to bet big money on BJ if there was a rematch. I don't believe the outcome would be any different and I don't believe many people would be willing to put their money where there mouth is after seeing GSP win in dominating fashion.

4. MW74

February 16, 2009 at 10:21 am

I AM a BJ fan…but… vaseline, astroglide, KY-his and hers…I don't care what gsp had on him…it doesn't matter if Bj is just gonna show up unprepared and looking all too out of his league. Gsp put on an ass whoopin clinic and I'm sad to say it was by beating BJ at what BJ is best. Now I have to crack on my own and just call it what it is…while I still don't like GSP…that guy has nothing but my utmost respect and reverence. I HAVE to see if he can pull something like this off with Anderson Silva, wow.

5. Ryan S

February 16, 2009 at 11:55 am

Yeah, I am a BJ fan too, but he just got beaten clean and clear. The vaseline probably had nothing to do with that, but it still shouldn't be done IF it actually happened. He even said so himself, in this and other interviews, he flat out got his ass kicked.

6. Porsche930_Pilot

February 16, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Yea dmc that's an excellent point as far as how many people who are big BJ fans would put money on him if there was a rematch. Penn definitely needs to get his head together before he fights Florian. Even though he did get his ass kicked by George it didn't seem like his head was into it before the fight, I mean on that stupid show they had on both fighters before the fight he seemed OK but that's just for the show ( which I think they should scrap) but he didn't seem to be into the fight as he usually is.

7. Kash

February 16, 2009 at 1:46 pm

BJ sounds pretty depressed still. I'd rather pay to watch him fight Florian than I would for a rematch with GSP.

8. dane drebin

February 16, 2009 at 2:16 pm

dmc- name one person who has said bj would have won if it wasnt for the lube… i have never heard anyone say bj would have wont hat fight no matter how big of a bj fan they are. people just want it to be fair and they have changed the rules to make ir fair now but i dont really know any of these bj fans ur talking about who think bj would have won that fight.

9. dmc

February 16, 2009 at 11:55 pm

dane drebin,

all you have to do is go to bjpenn.com. There are plenty of comments that will show you many bj fans think he will win if they fight again. Here is one comment from someone on BJ's site:

comment by gogoplata:

the lube definitely negated his BJJ abilities. it's no wonder why the fight turned out like it did.

10. STEVEO

February 17, 2009 at 3:00 am

lube doesnt stop you from getting punched in the face mercilessly for 20 minutes and then giving up because your a quiter now just like you have been your whole career. Good never great because he doesn't have the head for it.

11. Tim

February 17, 2009 at 3:11 am

dmc…that is plain said that theres people out there who actually think that…come on BJ said it himself he got his butt kicked that night.

12. Ryan S

February 17, 2009 at 12:01 pm

Steveo, what do you base your entire comment on? The fight spent most of the time on the mat, where it is more ideal to pull off a submission. And how many quitters make it to the top of their weight classes?