BJ Penn Plans For a Quick Return

Updated: September 1, 2010

1. prodigyHL

September 1, 2010 at 5:17 am

Yeah!!!! BJ ur the homie thats why ur my favorite fighter!!! get em sir!!!

2. soup

September 1, 2010 at 7:03 am

bj doesn't even look interested in fighting anymore…. sleepwalking in the ring, zero enthusiasm, barely going for takedowns.B-O-R-E-D…prob a relief to not have to defend the belt anymore.

3. Fancy B

September 1, 2010 at 5:58 pm

I totally agree soup. BJ has always been a guy who fed off his emotions. He didn't always say or do things I agreed with, but he did fight with passion (possibly bloodlust). His last couple times out though he's turned into a gracious loser who looks like he's about to fall asleep before the fight. I hope he can get the fire back if he's really going to fight again.

4. CobraClutch - The RE

September 2, 2010 at 7:01 am

Why does it always seem like BJ is high, or about to fall asleep in his videos? He's talking like he's been fighting lately…lazy, lackadaisical (see my leach name-thief use that word in a sentence…douchebag).

5. CobraClutch

September 2, 2010 at 10:44 am

CobraClutch the REAL one is a lackadaisical dipshit.

6. jbug

September 2, 2010 at 10:46 am

that looks like a sentence to me.

7. T.R.

September 2, 2010 at 11:51 am

change up your camp Bj. Learn how to wrestle. The sport is gonna pass you by.

8. Ryan S

September 2, 2010 at 9:14 pm

I thought he was ok on the ground, in fact I thought he had a much better chance on the ground, I just don't know why he waited until he was tired to try to take Edgar down. When someone kicks your ass on the feet like that, try to bring the fight to the ground.

9. Flying Armbar

September 6, 2010 at 1:33 pm

I agree Ryan. I was hoping that BJ was going to be able to submit him on one of those takedowns but he was too tired.

BJ was one of the most exciting fighters at one time but I doubt that he will ever be a champ again. I see Gray beating Frankie in their upcoming match and I do not beleive that BJ can beat Gray at this point in his career. I am BJ Penn fan but I think his best days are behind him.

10. hosan

September 6, 2010 at 6:01 pm

i disagree with the thought that bj can't beat gray. Gray leaves himself way open for subs from the bottom and i think bj has the skills to capitalize. Did you guys see the incredibly sloppy omaplatta kenny got him in?

11. Deuces

September 7, 2010 at 5:54 am

I agree, hosan. Although I’m not sure how Frankie will match up against Maynard a second time, I think BJ has Gray’s number. You never can tell though.