Brad Imes: Lesnar Not Ready For The UFC

Updated: November 2, 2007
brad imes

brad imes

Brad Imes former The Ultimate Fighter reality show veteran and gogoplata master, had some choice words about his experience training with Brock Lesnar:

I think he’s got a lot of potential. His stand up is really kinda nonexistent, but he’s obviously a big powerful guy. And his ground game…I know, he’s a D-1 national champ but I think he’s pretty rusty as far as his ground game. I was able to pass guard on him, mount him, do whatever I wanted with him on the ground really. And he really didn’t feel that strong to me, granted I don’t grapple with anyone that feels strong to me.

But, I think that one of his strengths when he was in college was that he was much stronger than everyone he went up against; and heavyweights, no matter what the sport . . . it is hard to find good ones. So, I think if he sticks with it he’ll be great. I just think it was a mistake going to the UFC so quick. And I say that from someone who knows.

Imes is rumored to be fighting Fedor Emilianenko in M-1, but Imes has confirmed, nothing has been signed.

1. UFCGirls.com

November 2, 2007 at 3:31 am

Great article, really interesting comments, where did you get this news from Brad Imes?

2. Leet

November 2, 2007 at 4:40 am

Sounds to me like Imes has gotten pretty cocky beating no-names in smaller organizations.

3. derek

November 2, 2007 at 5:09 am

Don't worry Leet. Fedor will show Imes who really belongs in MMA.

4. Morey

November 2, 2007 at 2:57 pm

I think it would be a good fight because we know something about Imes and we can see how well Lesnar matches up to him.

5. steve

November 2, 2007 at 3:25 pm

Man if Imes ends up fighting Lesnar which has been rumored he will get destroyed. Brock Lesnar is no joke. And imes cant even beat a light heavyweight in Rashad Evans. Rashad took him down and destroyed him standing up so just imagine what Lesnar is gonna do. I would love to see him smash Imes. Imes sucks thats what I know about him.

6. ron shaw

November 2, 2007 at 3:40 pm

My money's on Lesnar, he is a freak.

7. derek

November 3, 2007 at 4:57 am

Man, Lesnar got a neck thicker than a tree trunk! No choke hold will work on him. Rashad definitely laid the smack on Imes, and Imes showed how slow he was in that fight. Lesnar would probably bum rush Imes like he did to that Japanese guy in his first MMA fight and KO Imes via punches in the 1st round.

8. D

November 9, 2007 at 2:59 pm

Imes would never be at the level of Fedor it wouldnt even be a competition and would be an embarrasment to Fedor to have him fight Imes, and he is no gogoplata master he got 2 in 2 fights which is good but look at where he won those fights, if he was in there with any real compition he would never be able to pull off a gogo, which is why he couldnt cut it in the UFC

9. Mike Rabine

November 21, 2007 at 9:52 am

Lesnar Vs. Bob Sapp now that would a sight.

10. sandeep kumar

November 23, 2007 at 4:20 pm

HI BROCK HOW ARE YOU ARE YOU COMING BACK IN THE RAW RING.

11. andrew

October 5, 2008 at 1:28 am

you think fedor would EVER lower himself to fight Imes, come on, get real. hey Brad, go back to corn husking.