Brandon Vera Rehired By The UFC

Updated: March 15, 2011

UFC President Dana White confirms to Ariel Helwani that “The Truth” Brandon Vera will be rehired by the promotion. Vera was let go following his one sided loss to Thiago Silva at UFC 125, but after questionable urology results came back after the fight for Silva, the UFC apparently changed that decision.

“Brandon Vera is back in the UFC now”

Vera has yet to clock any cage time outside the UFC since his January 1st fight.

1. Brian

March 15, 2011 at 3:24 am

This was already reported on shortly after they let him go that he was getting back because Silva failed his drug test. What happened to cagetoday. This used to be a fairly decent site and now they don't give you anything new.

2. crynot

March 16, 2011 at 1:27 am

Yep, Nobody comments anymore on here. It sucks!

3. STEVEO

March 16, 2011 at 4:13 am

I dont care so much about the lack of comments as much as I do about everthing that gets posted is retarded. pat barry in his underwear…. awesome. Apparently nothing actually relivant to MMA has been happening. Reading the online chat with Anik on espn and it sounds like Leben vs. Wand is a go. that should be fun to watch. Someones getting KO'd

4. MW55

March 16, 2011 at 7:07 am

ko, mos' def…btw, I call Jones by rear naked on this fight. although, cage will probably have a simular survey,. in like another month or so.

5. jbug

March 16, 2011 at 8:19 am

i havent been commenting much on here for lack of anything interesting to comment about..

6. Ox

March 16, 2011 at 9:55 am

I don't know that Cage can be blamed for the lack of MMA news lately but i agree that I would rather see no news on a particular day, than Pat berry looking gay in his underware.

Honestly, I think some of this may have to do with the UFC buying out Strikeforce. That is one reason why I don't think that the UFC being the only game in town is good for MMA- then they truly dominate MMA- they are MMA and that is not good. Sure we all agree that Strikeforce is second fiddle, that Elite XC was a joke with Kimbo, that the Asian promotions make events to much of a spectacle, etc…but if we don't have all this other stuff to argue and watch, then the time there is news is when the UFC or of their fighters do something. i trully beleive that UFC will go after Dream and Segonku next. And the only other player out there (and by player, I am not comparing it to the UFC but someone with decent fighters and a TV deal) is Bellator, I would not be surprised if they get gobbled up as well. I am a huge UFC fan but I am not feeling real good about this right now.

7. kom34

March 17, 2011 at 6:36 am

this is the news on the other sites that i look at. yeah it was speculated that he was going to come back but it wasn't confirmed till now. if you guys want to see mma videos go to this site: http://www.hookedonmma.com/. its where i go to when i miss any fights.