Cage Today Fighter Rankings

anderson-silva-james-irvin-ufn14

anderson-silva-james-irvin-ufn14

CageToday.com fighter rankings are updated.

FEATHERWEIGHT DIVISION (145 LBS.)

1. Mike Brown
  2. Urijah Faber
  3. Jose Aldo
  4. Leonard Garcia
  5. Wagnney Fabiano
  6. Hatsu Hioki
  7. Rafael Assuncao
  8. “Lion” Takeshi Inoue
  9. Yugi Hoshino
  10. Marlon Sandro

LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION (155 LBS.)

1. BJ Penn
  2. Eddie Alvarez
  3. Shinya Aoki
  4. Diego Sanchez
  5. Kenny Florian
  6. Gray Maynard
  7. Gilbert Melendez
  8. Josh Thompson
  9. Clay Guida
  10. Frankie Edgar

WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION (170 LBS.)

1. Georges St. Pierre
  2. Jon Fitch
  3. Thiago Alves
  4. Jake Shields
  5. Mike “Quick” Swick
  6. Martin Kampmann
  7. Josh Koscheck
  8. Carlos Condit
  9. Matt Hughes
  10. Dan Hardy

MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION (185 LBS.)

1. Anderson Silva
  2. Dan Henderson
  3. Nate Marquardt
  4. Jorge Santiago
  5. Youshin Okami
  6. Demian Maia
  7. Robbie Lawler
  8. Vitor Belfort
  9. Yoshiro Akiyama
  10. Chael Sonnen

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (205 LBS.)

1. Lyoto Machida
  2. Quinto “Rampage” Jackson
  3. Rashad Evans
  4. Gregard Mousasi
  5. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
  6. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
  7. Forrest Griffin
  8. Luis Cane
  9. Rich Franklin
  10. Wanderlei Silva
  11. Keith Jardine

HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (up to 265 LBS.)

1. Fedor Emelianenko
  2. Brock Lesnar
  3. Frank Mir
  4. Randy Couture
  5. Antonio Rogrigo Noguiera
  6. Josh Barnett
  7. Alistair Overeem
  8. Shane Carwin
  9. Brett Rogers
  10. Cain Velasquez

POUND FOR POUND (No Limit)

1. Anderson Silva
  2. Georges St. Pierre
  3. Fedor Emelianenko
  4. Lyoto Machida
  5. BJ Penn
  6. Mike Brown
  7. Quinton Jackson
  8. Rashad Evans
  9. Gregard Mousasi
  10. Brian Bowles

1. roy

August 21, 2009 at 9:39 am

job good with the rankings

i think you got jake to high

you got kampman and swick to high just cause there next in line for a shot dosn't mean there that good just that gsp already beat eveyone else. wheres diaz?

barnett drops to #6- i won't complain on that one.

carwin has to be ahead of cain

and gregard does not fight at mw.

August 21, 2009 at 9:50 am

Reports: Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang, Dan Hardy vs. Dong Hyun Kim in works for UFC 105

3. Mike

August 21, 2009 at 9:54 am

for me Fedor is above Anderson in P4P but GSP rightly so at the top.

P4P

10. Mike (should be Brian Bowles)

HW

Frank Mir is WAY too high (over rated.)

LHW

Wandy is MW

WW

Jake shields 4th.

LW

Frankie Edgar a bit higher.

4. other derek

August 21, 2009 at 10:07 am

i like how they finally switched this

5. Oswald Gobblecock

August 21, 2009 at 10:20 am

As time goes by and he successfully defends his belt I'd put Brock ahead of Fedor for HW. Fedor not signing with the UFC for whatever reason will hurt his rankings.

Don't agree that Antonio Rogerio Nogueira is #5 or Luis Cane as #7 on LHW… should be lower.

Mousasi needs to fight top more top fighters before you can put him ahead of Hendo.

Jake Shields at #2 at WW just cracks me up. Would bet the farm against him going against Fitch or Alves, let alone GSP!

As for P4P… Fedor should NOT be 1 of the top 3 P4P IMO strictly because he hasn't cleaned out his weight division… there's alot of top guys he hasn't even faced unlike Anderson and GSP who have beaten top guys and cleaned out their divisions. That's what P4P means… his record is definitely impressive but it's also padded and has yet to fight alot of top fighters in recent years. Plus look at the way they beat their opponents vs Fedor. AA was winning til he got caught… haven't seen alot of those other P4P guys getting beat then squeak out a win… they dominate the whole time.

August 21, 2009 at 10:23 am

Jake Sheild is the Number 2 welter weight fighter in my Eyes for Sure..

Vitor should be 4 OR 5 middle weight..He has been the ufc Heavy weight and Light weigh weight champs..

GreGard isnt even a Middle weight anymore so Thats retard.l.

August 21, 2009 at 10:25 am

For heavy weights

Cain should be Number 10 or 9..Carwin should be Top 5 best Heavy weights..longest fight carwin has been in was 2.22 in the first round in 11 fights..

Cain is only 5 and 0 i think??

Josh B shouldnt be on the list..

Agree 100 percent wilth P4P

8. zack

August 21, 2009 at 10:27 am

Rashad way to high for top P4P fighter (8th). I believe Mousasi would beat Rashad if they fought at light heavy. Mousasi should be higher on the list then Rashad. Hell, Hendo is a better P4P fighter then Rashad. I think Hendo should've been in the top ten. At least 9th or 10th.

9. Jay

August 21, 2009 at 11:10 am

Cant believe forrest griffin made it even after he got humiliated by silva. Fedor Should be number one. He basically is undefeated. Than Anderson silva because Silva has defended his belt 6 times. Lyoto should be after Penn beacause he has not defended his belt successfully. which I know he will. I dont know what do you guys think??

10. Eric

August 21, 2009 at 11:32 am

Alright I'll change out Carwin and Velasquez. That makes sense because the UFC makes Carwin next in line for the title shot. That's the most exciting fight they could create.

Roy's right Nick Diaz belongs on here. I guess I was biased since he didn't bother to test for his last fight and wants to box now. Where does he go?

Mousasi is a natural middleweight as much as Anderson Silva is. I've been watching him for a while and finally I can put him in a decent ranking since people know about him now. Where should he be, middleweight or light heavyweight?

11. Eric

August 21, 2009 at 11:37 am

Most of you think Jake Shields is too high too…where should he go?

12. Mike

August 21, 2009 at 11:48 am

4th for me.

GSP

Fitch

Alves

Shields… imho.

13. Kash

August 21, 2009 at 11:53 am

4th for Shields seems right to me too.

Nick Diaz I think should be behind Marquardt.

Mousasi is a MW but I think he just won the Strikeforce LHW title. Unless his next fight in in middleweight I think you should rank him in LHW.

14. Mike

August 21, 2009 at 11:55 am

Mousasi is LHW has no plans what so ever to drop down to MW again.

15. Tim

August 21, 2009 at 12:24 pm

Finally you rank Lesnar at number 2 where he belongs if he beats Carwin i say you put him at number 1 and drop Fedor to number 2 based upon the fact how Lesnar keeps fighting top level talent while Fedor will fight nobodies and is dodging real competition. With each fight that the other HWGHT listed win you move them one slot up and move Fedor one slot down until he proves himself again to be fighting top level talent.

GSP and Silva and ranked perfect…i would love to see a Anderson Silva Vs Fedor fight…that would be fucking insane.

16. Joey

August 21, 2009 at 12:34 pm

Does anyone even care about Fedor anymore ????? After he dodged the UFC (business or otherwise) I could care less. I'm with Tim, move Lesnar up to 1 after he beats Carwin and let Fedor drop like a fly.

17. deakson

August 21, 2009 at 12:42 pm

This wouldn't happen to be the same Eric Tapia that pitched for the Yankees minor league affiliations, would it?

18. Killah Hill

August 21, 2009 at 1:29 pm

I didn't even need to look at the posts under this article to KNOW that there would be heated contesting. Guys, if you're not happy with their ranking system, start a blog and do your own rankings. You know how much work this is to get a site running?

Granted, Cage Today people can't spell worth a shit, but they put together a great site of very current and constant MMA info. For that, they should get kudos.

19. Mike

August 21, 2009 at 1:50 pm

sorry Joey

but to knock someone off the #1 spot he has.

A, to lose.

B, not fight top 10 opponents (or worthy opponents) for a few fights.

C, bad fights from one good from another.

Fedor is finishing name taking names.

Fedor DOMINATED big nog when he was in his Prime…. hes washed up now and still beating many of UFC fighters. (Mir aside as he was sick for that fight)

Fedor has 4 fights available.

1, Josh Barnett.

2, Brett Rogers.

3, Overeem.

4, Werdrum. (imho top 10)

Barnett was number 2 till he failed a drug test, and he gets dropped to 6?

ITS NOT A POPULARITY RANKING!

oh and Lesnar is fighting top comp…. as in Glass Jaw Carwin?

Carwin is good (big + UFC + Wrestling) but he has no chin.

Lesnar is the same as Carwin.

but yes agree to disagree.

20. Oswald Gobblecock

August 21, 2009 at 3:20 pm

I agree Mike…

1 GSP

2 Fitch

3 Alves

4 Shields… imho

21. Oswald Gobblecock

August 21, 2009 at 3:21 pm

Mike, how does Carwin have a glass jaw? They say he's got one of the best chins!

22. Joey

August 22, 2009 at 12:34 am

All I'm saying is that you give up your title if you don't defend it. That is unless your name is Cung Le. The same should go for rankings. They guys who fight should move up.

Fedor is going to go about a year between fights and Strikeforce already said he won't fight a "big fight" until next year. Why does he need tune ups if he is the #1 heavyweight?

23. Al

August 22, 2009 at 3:09 am

Carwin…glass chin? He's never been knocked out, and he's Ko'd everyone of this opponents….um….?

24. Oswald Gobblecock

August 22, 2009 at 4:14 am

I think Mike is confused on who Shane Carwin is maybe?

25. Al

August 22, 2009 at 5:15 am

yea maybe oswald…I don't know how you bash a fighter for having a glass chin when: he knocks everyone he fights out in the first round, submits them half the time, and has never lost. I'd love to hear that explanation.

Just incase you didn't know mike:

26. Mike

August 22, 2009 at 6:42 am

GG rocked and flash knocked out Shane Carwin…. with his FIST

a guy whose no exactly KNOWN for his striking (yes he beat cro cop….. due to his ground elbows.)

27. dc

August 22, 2009 at 7:06 am

Mike did u forget that GG knocked out cro cop with that massive head kick, carwin is a good tuff fighter but he hasnt really fought n e body like lesnar… Even though I can't stand the steriod freak… Just being honest but I'm still going for carwin

28. Chip

August 22, 2009 at 7:11 am

UM……Mike………So your saying Gabriel Gonzaga knocked out Shane Carwin with his fist and also that Gonzaga beat cro cop via elbows while on the ground. What the fuck matches were you watching. I saw Carwin knock GG out with a punch. Also I saw GG kick Cro Cops fucking head off. Also GG is actually known for being a good striker because 1/3 of hit fights have ended in knock outs. Mike do you know what your talking about?

29. Oswald Gobblecock

August 22, 2009 at 8:04 am

Everybody else gave credit to Carwin for taking that shot by GG… even his trainer talks about Shane's chin being so good that he never feels the need to move his head. That guy is known for having a really good chin.

30. Al

August 22, 2009 at 8:18 am

agree oswald, heavyweights have heavy hands, dont discredit GG…he broke Carwins nose and fucked his face up and carwin still came back…seems to me fedor is your man and no one can compare. I love Fedor, no joke, but i'm not going to bring other fighters down to bring him up. WAR Carwin come 106 time.

31. Tim

August 22, 2009 at 12:36 pm

Carwin feels no need to move his head because he knows he cant get knocked out? WTF stupid comment is that…again Carwin fights hunchback leans his fat head forward for easy pickings watch every one of his fights he does the same style, this is the first man Carwin has fought with a man similiar to himself but faster and stronger and who is taller and has a longer reach than himself and anybody he has faced…im telling you Carwins hunchback style of fighting will not work so well against lesnar and his 81 inch reach, Lesnar will pick him apart and with those massive lunchbox hands i dont think Carwin is going to sit there and take them and not move his head…well i hope he does because then he will get KTFO..both men have power but honestly even though i like lesnar i still pick him in this fight as he has all the advantages when you honestly look deep into the match up. Lesnar has a killer training regime and he learns very quick and gets better with each fight no discredit to Carwin but i just dont think anyone can beat Lesnar at this time as he has learned the extreme basics of being an unstoppable force and can only get better and more advanced….where as Carwin is almost 4 years older at 35 turning 36 in January and in my opinion doesnt have the deep or the killer training regime that Lesnar goes through and i am not discounting his training just based upon seeing both mens training you have to give it to lesnar….all i know is i still wouldnt be surprised if Carwin won…but i dont see this happening…i am hoping for a 5 round fight but i see it going only 2. BEst of luck to both men and may the better fighter win…

32. Businessman

August 22, 2009 at 2:46 pm

The picks are pretty good but I do think rankings are still to much of a popularity contest. I respect Randy and definitely still think he can win some matches…but really #4? Right now, I could not see him beating Barnett, Oveerem, Carwin, or Cain. We'll see what happens between him and Minotauro. Other than that, the only I put him ahead of is Brett. I also think Kos should be ahead of Swick and Kampmann, and that Leonard Garcia is ranked way to high. I think his high ranking is due to some highlight reel knockouts.

33. Oswald Gobblecock

August 22, 2009 at 3:58 pm

Tim, are you trying to say my comment about Carwin not moving his head is a stupid comment or his trainer is stupid for that comment? lol I'm really interested on who that was directed towards cause it's obviously isn't stupid on my end since I heard it from his trainer himself and am just repeating it! Please tell me. lol

34. Oswald Gobblecock

August 22, 2009 at 3:58 pm

Tim, are you trying to say my comment about Carwin not moving his head is a stupid comment or his trainer is stupid for that comment? lol I'm really interested on who that was directed towards cause it's obviously isn't stupid on my end since I heard it from his trainer himself! Please tell me. lol

35. Oswald Gobblecock

August 22, 2009 at 3:59 pm

36. Chip

August 22, 2009 at 5:03 pm

You don't pick Couture over Barnett……who the fuck has Barnett beat in the last few years? Who…..Yvel or Pedro Rizzo..a person more than past their prime…..if they had a prime. I dont know I just hate when people put Barnett in the top 10 because he's not. Honestly speaking who in the UFC would he beat. I think about all of the good people and Barnett has no place in the UFC because he would get killed. Also Overeem…..are you kidding me….he would get killed in the UFC….He's fucking worthless I don't know maybe thats just me…..anyone agree with me? Not trying to be a UFC lover but seriously Barnett and Overeem are top competition now…..Give me a fucking break….I'm sick of these I hate UFC people…Lets get on the Barnett bandwagon……Fucking stupid….they shouldn't be in the rankings….Barnett sucks and wouldn't stand a chance in the UFC!

37. Mike

August 22, 2009 at 5:35 pm

Chip… stop UFC nuthugging.

saying that Overeem and Barnett (ex UFC champ) wouldn't stand a chance shows what you know.

all you people saying "Cro cop got KO by high kick"

but the Elbows gave him Blurred vision so he didn't even see the kick coming! (elbows were illegal in Pride and he wasn't expecting them…. he said so himself!)

38. Businessman

August 22, 2009 at 11:24 pm

Chip, where do I state that I dislike the UFC? I did not mention even UFC and you right away have to assume and go on a stupid rant. I don't care if Randy fought in the WWE. All I am saying is that Randy looked real old against, yes a much more powerful, younger, and stronger Lesnar, but he did not look good to me at all. The lay-off really hurt him. He is 46 years old and has only fought 1 time in approximately 3 years.

I have nothing against the UFC, in fact just ordered next week's PPV and have nothing against Randy…I just think the father time has caught up with him.

39. Chip

August 23, 2009 at 2:24 am

Businessman when exactly was Randy in the WWE? And Mike dont even get me started…..your the dumbest fucking person on this site. I'm not the only one to have said this. Where exactly are you getting this information that Cro Cop had blurred vision when he got kicked in the head. To me it just looked like a good kick that Cro Cop ducked into. Please provide proof that it was the elbows that finished Cro Cop off please. Fucking moron.

40. zack

August 23, 2009 at 3:05 am

I agree with you both. I believe the elbows of Gonzaga did hurt CroCop but definitely didn't finish him off. I think when the ref stood them up (bad call by the ref, btw. Gonzaga was doing very well with the G n P), Mirko was still a lil hurt and was thinking of defending the takedown and wasn't expecting Gonzaga to throw a devasting head kick. But, Gonzaga did and we all know what came next. The headkick heard round the world.

41. kom34

August 23, 2009 at 4:35 am

if you think overeem sucks you much not have watched him lately. he is way better than he was a few years ago. he dominated crocop in their last fight.

42. Mike

August 23, 2009 at 5:40 am

“Before the fight I was nervous, I was thinking about all sorts of stupid things, I was just in a bad state. Unfortunately, I seem to be that type. I need a rough wake-up call in order to focus again…. After three or four elbows to the temple, I had blurry vision when I stood up. I’m not used to elbows, but that’s my problem. I’m also going to do exercises for my injured ankles.”

from the words of Cro Cop himself.

43. Businessman

August 23, 2009 at 7:31 am

Chip, You are so stupid it is not even funny….I meant that I don't care what org or comapny Randy fought for…meaning I was not slamming the UFC…God you are fucking stupid.

44. *UFC News*

August 23, 2009 at 8:11 am

UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, fresh off his knockout of Forrest Griffin at UFC 102 earlier this month, has approached the UFC about fighting at heavyweight, with Frank Mir on his list of preferred opponents. The UFC is said to be receptive of the idea.

Stand out UFC light heavyweight Jon “Bones” Jones has begun training permanently at Team Jackson's camp in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with top trainer Greg Jackson. Georges St-Pierre, Nate Marquart, and fellow 205 fighters Rashad Evans and Keith Jardine will be Jones's new training partners at Team Jackson.

Spike TV announced that it will air Efrain Escudero vs. Cole Miller and Drew McFedries vs. Tomasz Drwal from the UFC 103 undercard during a live, one-hour, commercial-free broadcast beginning at 9pm ET on September 19 leading up to the UFC 103 pay-per-view.

45. Oswald Gobblecock

August 23, 2009 at 8:24 am

Wow, my bad for the triple post above… this site wasn't showing it right after it posted and this site has done that to me before.

46. Tim

August 23, 2009 at 8:51 am

Oswald, im not calling you stupid your not Carwin nor his trainer…leaving your head in there against a guy who has 81 reach and the power to break someone orbital socket in 6 places is Fucking stupid….i just cant wait for Carwin to leave his head and let Lesnar throw those Mack Truck fists straight through his brain and KHTFO….Carwin better change his style which he wont of course so i look for Lesnar to win based solely upon style matchups and they way each fighter has fought and the fact that lesnar gets even more dangerous with each and every fight.

47. Tim

August 23, 2009 at 8:52 am

Forgot to add but one punch could end it from Carwin.

48. Deshawn

August 23, 2009 at 9:54 am

The list not bad but not perfect, Machida is number 2 p4p, and where is Jon Bones Jones in the LHW and dont forget about Anthony rumble Johnson in the welterweights he hasnt had a fight in awhile but name me ten welterweights that can beat him better yet five!

49. zak

August 23, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Question for everyone. With silva being so dominate at light heavyweight and with him undoubtly being the best p4p what do you think the outcome of silva vs lesnar would be???

50. corey

August 23, 2009 at 12:48 pm

imo jones needs some more fights against top contenders to be ranked but i agree that soon he'll be on that list. lesnar vs. silva? haha thats a crazy scenario. i think silva will be too quick for lesnar on the feet for sure. i think silva wins by decison unless lesnar can find a way to get on top of silva on the ground. then it's trouble for anyone. silva by decision because noones tested lesnars chin yet. carwin will though.

51. dane drebin

August 23, 2009 at 4:41 pm

lesnar would take down silvas and pound him out. travis lutter took down silva and full mounted him. lesnar would pass his gaurd like butter and destroy him. silvas way more talented but the size difference would be way too much.

52. Oswald Gobblecock

August 23, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Right on Tim, was gonna say… I pretty much quoting what his trainer said but he did add that he does need to learn to move his head because he's facing better fighter. He mentioned that Carwin can usually eat a punch and take it which is why he doesn't feel the need to move… but if he does that With Lesnar it won't be good for him.

53. Oswald Gobblecock

August 23, 2009 at 6:27 pm

As far as Lesnar vs Silva goes… lol I've talked about this with my buddies. I really think he could fight Fedor at LHW with Fedor at HW and beat him despite the weight difference but as far as Lesnar goes… that's just too much weight, size and strength difference there for Silva to deal with IMO.

54. Oswald Gobblecock

August 23, 2009 at 6:38 pm

Also, I gotta ask but why is Luis Cane above Rich Franklin, Wanderlei Silva and Keith Jardine? I know his only loss is a DQ but he hasn't fought any top ten guys which is probably why his record is good so far.

Also think Clay guida should be a top 10 guy. He's only lost to top guys. I still haven't seen anything out of Gray Maynard that makes me consider him a top 10 guy… maybe that's just IMO. Plus the guy hasn't finished anybody in his last 4 fights.

Last thing, I think BJ should be ahead of Fedor for P4P cause BJ has only lost at WW not LW but has fought nothing but the best guys.

55. Tim

August 24, 2009 at 12:28 am

I know Silva is a great fighter but there is no way he could deal with Lesnar and beat thim there is just to much overall size and strength distance and Lesnar would have a huge reach advantage at 81. Come on Silva could be 220 at most for the fight and Lesnar would be 280 come fight time…hell no Silva would never agree to this fight now fighting Fedor i could understand as there both around the same weight walking around.

FYI, I heard Lesnar asked for this fight with Carwin as he was planning on fighting Fedor this year but since that fel through he told the UFC he wanted to stay active and defend his belt and wanted to fight again within 3 months. All i have to say is win or lose you have to respect Lesnar for his willingness to stay active and defend his belt. Lesnar did say he wants to fight at least 3 times a year if not more. So he told Dana he cant be taking these 6 month lay offs in between fights no more.

56. other derek

August 24, 2009 at 10:36 am

so if silva has only 3 more fights left on contract in the ufc and then he's going to retire and fight roy jones jr. he should get one more fight at 205 then title shot ( even if it is machida ) then a super fight vs GSP.

57. Mac

August 24, 2009 at 12:32 pm

I thought the new rankings were a big step toward the right direction, certainly more acurate than before. My only major qualm would be Brett Rogers @ 8 in the HW's. I just don't see it. Top 20?…may be. He has one major victory to date. Match him u vs. Fedor, it will be over before it begins.

58. Tim

August 24, 2009 at 12:39 pm

I agree with rankings as well…MAC your right on Rogers but who else should they have put in his place?

59. Mac

August 26, 2009 at 2:01 am

I don't know. May be Gonzaga? Even Kimbo Slice has one major victory, although I do not consider him anywhere near the top 20. There are a few HW's out there that have been competing for awhile: Monson, quite a few Japanese fighters I used to see competing in Pride. It seems these rankings are steered toward popularity, instead of true rankings based on performance…

Who do you think Tim?

60. shawn

October 12, 2009 at 12:54 am

Torres loses on a fluke! so take him out of the rankings. what the f**k! but rank Faber 2nd after 2 loses to Brown, count them loses to the same guy! your rating suck ass!!!!!!!!!!!

61. shawn

October 12, 2009 at 12:58 am

Thiago Alves lost to GSP! but, he is ranked 3rd still.(what?)

62. Oswald Gobblecock

October 12, 2009 at 6:09 am

/ Yeah, who should be higher? Just cause some1 else is up for a shot doens't mean they should be ranked #2. If they beat GSP then they can be #1. Sometimes the ranking are total BS like when they put Barnett at #2 just cause he was next to fight Fedor. He was never #2 at that time. He hadn't beat any top 10 guys recently.

63. RS

November 9, 2009 at 8:24 pm

The UFC as an organization is starting to go down hill. I wish UFC would join Strikeforce but that VAGINA, Dana White would never agree to it cause he would be loosing money. Its just a big publicity these days. And while I still discussing how corrupt they are, i was rooting for Machida, but shogun should of won that last fight. I mean come on!

64. WAR SHOGUN

November 10, 2009 at 12:28 am

RS, so you look at the rankings and you decide that "The UFC as an organization is starting to go down hill" because every fighter ranked first if from the UFC except for Fedor? Why should Dana join StrikeForce? And if it wasn't for publicity where would MMA be now? And where are the proof that they are corrupt? Am sorry RS but you sounded pretty dumb there buddy. Oh and nobody is talking about Machida vs Shogun anymore, everybody knows Shogun is the true champion.

65. RS

November 10, 2009 at 5:34 am

No, I really don't pay attention to ranking on this board. I watch the fights and listen to the fighters in their pre-fight interviews and read up on some legitimate sources. I believe you have to be all in, if your going to state your opinion. You sound like a gun half loaded. The proof is every were, just watch the fights! And people have there opinions that if you don't fully dominate the champ, then you don't get the belt. Simple as that, so not every one knows. Dana is ONLY about the publicity and not the sport. I read some where that Dana is only looking for the most marketable fighter, not the one that deserves the title, and that's pretty much true. Finally, there should be 2 different ranking boards. one for UFC and a other for MMA Organization such as Strikeforce.