Carlos Condit Makes No Excuses For Kampmann Loss

Updated: April 3, 2009
condit-kampann

condit-kampann

Former WEC welterweight champion, Carlos Condit

“It was a very, very close fight … I left it in the judges’ hands, which is always risky. I felt like I did more damage, but I know as well as anybody that knows the sport, the guy that’s on top usually gets the nod from the judges. Martin was able to stay on top for longer and he got the nod, and hats off to him.”

“I’m not going to come out here and be like, ‘oh, I want a rematch’ right off the bat because that’s a little bit disrespectful I think … The judges saw it his way and I’ll leave it at that. But of course I’d like to rematch him. You know? But he got the nod tonight.”[MMAWeekly]

Carlos Condit’s UFC debut didn’t go exactly as he expected. After a close technical fight, two of the three judges gave the split decision victory to Martin Kampmann.

April 2, 2009 at 11:20 pm

i like how he has no excuse.. it was a suoer close fight both fighters did great

2. T.R.

April 3, 2009 at 12:17 am

i agree tom, condit has class for sure and a great future.

April 3, 2009 at 12:29 am

wow Aaron Simpson is a badss i just watch his fight wow watch out all middle weights

4. rory

April 3, 2009 at 1:00 am

classy, i still think kampmann won

5. Ryan S

April 3, 2009 at 7:49 am

How many guillotine attempts did Kampmann fail?

6. Al

April 3, 2009 at 8:32 am

Man that was ridiculous. Kampmann in my opinion lost the first two rounds, was cut pretty bad and he said he had bruises all over after the fight. Condit didn't have a scratch on him! Bullshit split decision call if you ask me. I wasn't real big on Condit before but now I can't wait to see what he does next.

7. mark

May 29, 2009 at 2:25 am

I can't stand Condit. He always has a stupid look on his face trying to "intimidate" the opponent. He lost that fight fair and square! Welcome to the big leagues Condit!

Yeah, this is an old bump but i still can't stand him.