Chris Leben: Evolution Of An ICON Episode 5

Updated: August 13, 2008
Chris Leben: Evolution Of An ICON Episode 5

5th Episode of a behind the scenes look at UFC fighter Chris Leben as he prepares for his fight with Michael Bisping at UFC 89.

1. Nate Fury

August 13, 2008 at 4:51 am

Why is Chris Leben making these videos called "Evolution of an ICON? He is by far no proven ICON. I hope Bisping puts him in his place. Bisping is a much better consistant striker and in my oppinion the future of the middleweight division. If anyone can claim to be an ICON in the middleweight division it's Anderson Silva.

2. Oswald Gobblecock

August 13, 2008 at 7:30 am

I was thinkin the same thing.

3. Ryan S

August 13, 2008 at 9:40 am

I like him, but I think he is just saying that he will become an icon. Either way, I agree, and he is kind of an assclown for these videos. I also think he should stop.

4. Kash

August 13, 2008 at 10:52 am

This is the first vid in the series that was pretty good. It looked like his boy was getting worked at the end though.

5. derek

August 13, 2008 at 2:13 pm

when did leben get released from prison?

6. dane drebin

August 13, 2008 at 2:29 pm

because he's trying to evolve into an icon hense the name

7. dane drebin

August 13, 2008 at 2:30 pm

hence* ? lol

8. STEVEO

August 13, 2008 at 11:35 pm

This fagtard is not an icon, hes not even a top notch fighter, give me a break am the only one who thinks this guys a tool. He gets an OWI before the biggest fight of his life, send him to the rehab and wish him a great career cuz its just a matter of time til a guy like him does something stupid again (see jesse taylor)

9. JMinor

August 14, 2008 at 5:37 am

Pretty sure the term "Icon" is being used because of his affiliation with "Icon Gym." And… why do you guys think Leben is MAKING these videos?? It looks like he is featured in the videos… but do you morons really believe he is MAKING them? I think the only "fagtards and assclowns" I can see are dumbasses who can't put 2 and 2 together and speak before thinking. Yeah, we get it… you hate Chris Leben. It doesn't have to make YOU look stupid trying to prove that you hate him.

Just keep your fingers crossed and hope that he loses, cuz opening your mouths is just providing comedic reading for the rest of us. I'm not here for a laugh.

10. Oswald Gobblecock

August 14, 2008 at 9:47 am

Wow… you're an even bigger tool then Leben! lol Take off your dress and end the tea party Nancy. Don't call any1 in here stupid just because they're doggin your boy. The only thing stupid I see in here is your loser ass taking shit way too seriously! lol Go get some puss or something.

11. JMinor

August 14, 2008 at 10:18 am

Ok… Gobblecock.

He's not "my boy" actually. I was simply making an observation using the only means I thought they'd understand given their posts.

I will certainly give your two cents the deep thought it deserves.

Thanks Gobblecock.

12. Ryan S

August 14, 2008 at 11:33 am

ouch. However, the DUI happened a while ago. He just had to serve the sentance. Anywho, I still stand by my opinion. And Oswald, I gotta admit, it's hard to take you seriously with the last name of Gobblecock.

13. Ryan S

August 14, 2008 at 11:33 am

I assume it's fake

14. Alex

August 14, 2008 at 11:41 am

I'm not a Leben fan so I didn't know about the Icon Gym thing. But that still doesn't really link to the title for me. I think Dane Drebin nailed the meaning behind the name.

He's a screw up but I always like a good Leben fight where he looks like a drunk guy swinging for the fences. He says he's going to be more technical now. Thats too bad.

15. Oswald Gobblecock

August 14, 2008 at 5:11 pm

lol Well my name is far from serious but I do make serious statements often on this site. I just love a guy who acts like he's so smart just be critiquing others posts. I also like how you repeated the name "Gobblecock" like it was somehow insulting when the name itself is a joke. Huge failure.

16. JMinor

August 15, 2008 at 3:56 am

LOL… of course it was a huge failure. Now I feel stupid. I didn't realize "Gobblecock" was a just a joke… cuz it's a pretty common last name. But now that I see how funny it is, I think I'll change my name to "Nibbledick" cuz I want to bask in some of that warm humorous glow that comes from such a crafty and clever choice of "joke names."

Got me again Gobblecock. Haha man, now I can't even say the name without laughing. Thanks for shedding some light on the subject.

"But I do make serious statements often on this site…" bwahahahahahahaha nice disclaimer. You have been COMPLETELY validated.

17. Tim

August 15, 2008 at 4:15 am

18. STEVEO

August 15, 2008 at 4:18 am

Jminor I am sorry if i offended your or hurt your feeling by making fun of the ever evolving icon that is Leben. I get the gym thing dude, i was making a joke, just so happens that leben is one anyway. I know i better hope he loses, you dont get it, it doesnt matter who wins, they are just in the who gets to get knocked out by andersen silva next lottery. So I hope he wins, so I can see an ICON get fucking murdered in about twelve seconds. and for the record i didnt attack you just voicing my opinion if you have issue with that how bout not calling me names and use use words like all the big people you know.

19. Oswald Gobblecock

August 15, 2008 at 6:35 am

Your overly sarcastic tone is pointless and unfunny as always JMinor. This is a funny name but don't get shit twisted. I still post comments that many people agree with in other posts. They probably agree with me in here about your lack of a sense of humor or how much of a tool you are getting all amped up over people bashing the "icon" vids. Did you ever think that maybe they do get it but still chose to joke about it? Callin every1 in the room morons when they're not makes you out to be the idiot. Maybe that's a joke you don't get! Know that the "huge failure" comment was directed towards you and tryin to turn that around on me was yet again unfunny and not so clever on your part but nobody should be surprised about that by now. lol

20. JMinor

August 15, 2008 at 6:49 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz just like your name, you are a joke Gobblecock. "No really JMinor… everybody likes me. They agree with what I say. "

Whatever helps you sleep at night Gobblecock.

I'm done with this pointless banter between you and I. I stated my position… you stated yours. We must agree to disagree. I told you I'd give your two cents the deep thought it deserved, I did… and now I'm flushing the toilet. Swirl away homie…

21. steve

August 15, 2008 at 6:57 am

Leben is an ok fighter at best. He has no technique and that is why he will never be very good standing and he has a relatively weak ground game. The only thing he gots going for him is how good he is a blocking shots with his face and not getting hurt by it. No matter his skill I still like to see him and his opponent swing away on eachother.

22. kom34

August 15, 2008 at 7:29 am

lol yeah i can agree with that steve.

23. Oswald Gobblecock

August 15, 2008 at 10:27 am

Like I said earlier squirrel, don't get shit twisted. I said many people often agree with the stuff I say on this site. Nobody is trying to be liked in here on some random site online like your geeky ass. Zzzzzzz is like my name? Was that another failed joke by the man who can't take one? I don't get it, you can take a dick in your ass but you can't take a joke?

I know you're done, you were done before this even started cause you can't run your month when you call every1 in the room a moron when you're obviously dumber then you try to make them out to be.

I liked your failed joke about flushing the toilet cause you're obviously a turd that won't flush. You're like the DVD commentary that no one wants to hear and getting clowned by a guy who uses the name Gobblecock! lol Ya feel me "homie"?

24. Rage

August 15, 2008 at 11:00 am

BURN! "You’re like the DVD commentary that no one wants to hear" LOL

25. JMinor

August 15, 2008 at 11:22 am

LOL I feel ya homie. I am obviously "dumber."

That DVD comment was a good burn too. Even better than the other canned joke about ending my tea party.

I am really embarrassed now Gobblecock. You totally clowned me!! Fuckin' Gobblecock strikes again.

Look chump, when you finally get some hair on your nutz, go back and re-read your posts. They are exactly what you'd expect to hear from someone named "Gobblecock."

"I liked your failed joke about flushing the toilet cause you’re obviously a turd that won’t flush…" the last time I heard a comeback like that it was phrased, "I know you are but what am I?!"

I can't compete with this level of intellect… I fear the future "burns" that I might get. LMAO

26. dane drebin

August 15, 2008 at 1:48 pm

i like leben he seems like a cool dude. i didnt like him when he made the comment anderson shouold go back to japan where the competition is easier and then got his ass beat but he seems like he's matured a lot. i think him and bisping will be a real good fight and i just dont like bispings attitude or how he still believes that he won aainst hamill.

27. JMinor

August 15, 2008 at 2:30 pm

Agreed. Bisping was an ass to Hamill the whole time we were in London. At the press conference face off, Bisping pressed his forehead against Hamill's nose and then shoved him. Dana and a couple others had to step in… but Bisping was just being an ass. Up until that point, Bisping had been cool. He showed us around to a couple of the "off the grid" pubs in London.

When he pulled that shit after the Hamill fight, I began hoping he loses to everyone he goes up against. It was just poor sportsmanship from the start.

28. Onri

August 15, 2008 at 2:59 pm

I agree Bisping is a cocky asshole. But I think he will outstrike Leben. Why? For more information see "Evolution of an ICON" ep. 1-5.

29. Oswald Gobblecock

August 15, 2008 at 3:52 pm

You said the name "Gobblecock" again like it's real. lol Cause the shit I say really sounds like it came from some1 named "Gobblecock" right? This is the base of your argument… that's pathetic.

You can try to dogg on some of my comments bashin you, fact is they do get laughs when I've said it in front of others at the right moment. We both know that your "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz just like your name" comment was money right! (sarcasm, he'll probably think I was serious) I can understand you wanting to deny this since it's directed towards you but I laugh at ignorant asses who act like they're so smart and talk about others like they're stupid when they were joking. Also, don't make up shit by saying stuff sounds like “I know you are but what am I”.

Basically what I'm sayin is shut up and quit ragging on people. Acting hard in an MMA forum! lol Man, you're tight!!! Don't act like you're tryin to get back on topic either when you're just tryin to change the subject.