Classless Nick Diaz Declares War On Frank Shamrock

Updated: March 14, 2009
nick diaz eliteXC hawaii

nick diaz eliteXC hawaii

The always entertaining Nick Diaz:

“Nobody has class here, we’re cage fighters. We fight in a cage, throw elbows … All this classy stuff is sort of derived from us trying to get this sport out. They’ve done their job. That’s not my job to make this sport look like it’s not warfare, like it’s a tennis match, because it’s not … All this stuff is doing is taking the technical aspect out of the sport and making us play ball. And I (expletive) hate playing ball.”

“If I’m fighting you, I’m not gonna like you … I definitely don’t like Frank for the same reasons that other people don’t like Frank. I’m sure I have a few reasons why I don’t like him. Those are probably my own reasons,” [MMAWeekly]

Nick Diaz will take on Frank Shamrock in the main event of Strikeforce “Shamrock vs Diaz” set for April 11th from the HP Pavilion in San Jose, CA.

1. derek

March 14, 2009 at 2:49 am

diaz is one of those guys that needs to get fucked up real bad. i hope frank will put the smack on his ass.

2. Ryan S

March 14, 2009 at 2:54 am

He says really stupid shit just like his brother.

3. Kash

March 14, 2009 at 3:41 am

I think its hilarious. Hearing the Diaz brother run their mouth is pure entertainment to me. Nick takes himself so seriously. But they like to fight I can't hate a fighter that likes to fight.

4. whodini

March 14, 2009 at 3:45 am

i agree no matter how much we dislike him gotta like the way he fights ..always serious ,… but i think Frank can take him

5. Ellrick

March 14, 2009 at 5:38 am

He sounds like he is really sure he has reasons to hate frank, just wait a second and he will figure them out.

6. dane drebin

March 14, 2009 at 6:05 am

hes gunna dislike frank a lot more when frank knocks him out

7. Texican

March 14, 2009 at 7:43 am

i don't like both of them, i don't care who wins, both are still douchbags.

8. Oswald Gobblecock

March 14, 2009 at 8:38 pm

/ I agree. They both runs their mouths so much like they weren't cut by the UFC or something. lol Nate is funnier just cause of his lisp.

9. frank

March 14, 2009 at 11:35 pm

Another redneck in mma……how come such guys like rickson, fedor, st pierre, couture, cro cop, nog…despite their toughness and skills they show their respect to their opponents…he acts like tito, penn who's a complete douche bags…

10. Ryan S

March 15, 2009 at 1:15 am

I think showing your respect is enough of an act to say your a fighter with class. Diaz is thinking too into it and thinking people are implying by saying they have class that they go home and drink wine and read the wall street journal. I really hate this fucker.

11. kom34

March 15, 2009 at 3:10 am

frank i think those guys you named off are all strong mentally. you get some really tough and talented atheletes out there so the guys who can think on their feet and stay calm seem to be come out on top most of the time. all of the great champs i can think of are level headed and calm for the most part.

12. jim

March 15, 2009 at 5:04 am

nick diaz is good for the sport. he may not be the best fighter, but he is good…and irritating. it is what it is. they are in a cage fighting and nick seems like a dude that does not eff around win or lose. after he fights, i do recall him bowing and shaking the other fighters hand with two hands- a sign of respect. i think frank will win, but both of those guys are punks in their own way.

13. KC

March 15, 2009 at 7:03 am

Who cares?????????????

14. whodini

March 15, 2009 at 10:07 am

Hey Ryan……. you mean Nick can read ?

15. Rory

March 15, 2009 at 9:50 pm

who cares, nick diaz has proven he's a good fighter and the bullshit that comes out before the fight is just talk, mindgames tryings to get into ur opponents head, i see diaz winning this in style

March 16, 2009 at 12:37 am

I like nick Daiz a lot and i hope he gets the win but i really dont think there is any way for him to win

March 16, 2009 at 12:38 am

Paul Kelly vs. Roli Delgado at UFC 99

Kelly is going to kill him and thats sounds like a shiitty fight

18. roy

March 16, 2009 at 2:26 am

theres good resaon not to like either fighter, but i like them both and neither of them where cut from the ufc like someone said, there both good fighters but frank will be to much for nick he might even knock him out and frank already won the war of words.

19. Ryan S

March 17, 2009 at 7:45 am

Whoa whoa whoa. Whodini, I NEVER said he can read. Don't put those slanderous lies in my mouth!!

20. WHODINI

March 17, 2009 at 8:28 am

lol

21. Stonedtone420

April 9, 2009 at 12:56 pm

I can't decide who i hate more nick or frank

22. dane drebin

April 9, 2009 at 6:48 pm

im definetly rooting for frank in this one. he's one of the last pioneers of the sport to actually be relevant in this day and age and i respect his accomplishments. Nick on the other hand is someone who seems like he's been bragging before he's ever even done anything. he is no champion. he has lost most of his fights when he has faced big names. i respect his brother more than him. i think shamrock is gunna straight up make look diaz loojk like a fool in this fight and im kinda excited for it.