CSAC Delays Sherk Hearing Again!

Updated: November 7, 2007

The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) has delayed Sean Sherks Steroid hearing again, sighting a scheduling conflict. Here’s a clip from The Fight Network:

The California State Athletic Commission today confirmed the postponement of UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk’s Tuesday, Nov. 13 appeal hearing for a steroids-related suspension. CSAC associate governmental program analyst Bill Douglas cited scheduling conflicts as the reasons behind the delay. The hearing has not yet been rescheduled, though Douglas said a replacement date for Tuesday, Dec. 4 is likely. To hold a CSAC meeting, a quorum of five of the seven board members must be present.

What a joke.

1. Leet

November 7, 2007 at 2:23 pm

Forget this, they need to stop BSing Sherk. Either the evidence is there or they need to stop looking for ways to convict the guy. I don't think he took roids, I think the guy takes so much pills to maximize his performance….that he maximizes his performance.

2. Morey

November 7, 2007 at 2:56 pm

Yeah, I get what you're saying. This isn't the Kennedy Assassination or anything, this is a simple judgement on weather a guy roided or not. Make up your f'ing mind so we can know who will be fighting for the belt.

3. derek

November 7, 2007 at 4:36 pm

DId you guys see Sherk on UFC All Access? That guy takes like 2 handfuls of supplement pills a day, plus Xyience stuff. Sherk trains like a monster. I doubt he would need roids, considering his training and everything. Sometimes, roids are used to help help a torn muscle or ligament heal quicker; it's possible he unknowingly took a prescribed steroid from the doc.

4. Morey

November 7, 2007 at 7:42 pm

Yeah thats what I think. Personally, I would think he would take roids against someone like Matt Hughes or BJ Penn…not Hermes Franca. Hermes is a great fighter but does not have the physical dominance of those other fighters…that makes me question why Sherk would roid for that fight.

5. Joe

November 7, 2007 at 10:00 pm

I think he's juiced, but at this point I don't care. I think contaminated supplements, other medications, etc etc is a stretch. I don't think he roids for any particular fight. I think he roids in cycles as part of his lifestyle. He wants to be at his max potential and who could blame him? Look at his competition. Half of them are probably juicing too. I'm not taking anything away from the guy. I'm a fan of Sherk. Find him guilty or let him off the hook and move on with it already.

6. Realwun

November 8, 2007 at 4:59 am

It pisses me off when fighters cheat. I think the guy takes a little somethin somethin and then cycles off a month before the fight. If you ask me they should strip the title from him and make him work his way back up again.

7. Joe

November 8, 2007 at 5:41 pm

I know, I feel the same way. I've become a little jaded on the subject though. So many people take steroids. It seems to be a big suprise to everyone, and everyone jumps to the fighters defense like a bunch of sheeple "No way… my favorite fighter is too good for that." News flash, wake up and smell the roses. A good portion of fighters take steroids like it or not. I say get tough with the rules or leave them the hell alone and just let them all cheat. Enough dancing with the issue. Sherk probably juices like a mad man. Sylvia, Randleman, Gracie, Bonnar, Franca….The list goes on and on. Those are just the ones that got caught.