Dan Hardy On Lessons Learned From Fight With GSP

Updated: July 28, 2010

Dan Hardy clearly was out classed in his fight with GSP. The Outlaw plans to take that experience and continue to strive for another shot at the UFC welterweight title.

1. Omar

July 28, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Its a matter of time Dan will be the champ, but has he got time on his side?

2. STEVEO

July 28, 2010 at 11:12 pm

well unless GSP dies, I would say hardy will only be #2 at best for quite some time. I am not saying GSP is unbeatable but he hasn't really been touched in his last 5 or 6 fights. lookn like silva before he turned into an MMA diva.

3. Zulu

July 29, 2010 at 1:30 am

GSP needs to move up a weight class or quit! I am sorry, but I am soooo bored of the guy and his beloved "legacy". Cant remember the last time I was excited to watch the dude.

4. STEVEO

July 29, 2010 at 1:51 am

the same can be said for silva, i think it would be easier for gsp to go down a class honestly, he would be small at 185 or big at 55. silva walks around what 220 225 then cuts to 85. i would rather see silva kill sonnen and the belfort and vacate title and go up. hes had a run that will be tough to beat in any weight class, hes been champ for what like 4 years now.

5. Miko

July 29, 2010 at 1:51 am

I dont think Dan will ever be #2.

K'os, Fitch, Alves: he couldn't beat any of them

6. Kung Fu Panda

July 29, 2010 at 2:48 am

Why should they move or quit…because they are successful? As a fan, it would be interesting to see GSP take the challenge at 185 and for AS to move to 205 but this is a business and if they were to move up and fail, it could cost them. I do see your point in terms of them challenging themselves but they have to make the best decision for them. It would make more sense for AS. GSP would be a small 185'er.

7. STEVEO

July 29, 2010 at 6:20 am

agreed but everytime we talk about liddell or tito on here everyones says blah blah blah, shitty competition, when does 185 start becoming that for silva, after sonnen and belfort other than maybe marquadt, a huge maybe for okami and munoz other than that right now i dont see a true legit fight, ya belcher wants to step up but i just dont see his style working good with silva. its not just about challenging himself but if silva wins the lhw belt and has a long reign he could be the best ever. thats why he needs to try

8. Todd

July 29, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Do you guys really think that Thiago Alves wouldn't walk right through this guy? Or Fitch? Or Koscheck? Or Shields? or Hughes? or Almeida? I'm having trouble here finding somebody decent that he can beat. He will never even be the top contender. He's just a decent brawler. His overall game is not refined enough. Any decent wrestler will just take him down. St. Pierre went so easy on him.

9. Aldo Raine

July 29, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Todd I would say that Alvez would destroy Hardy. I think Fitch and Koscheck would to. I personally think Fitch is the best in that division besides GSP of course. I think a Shields fight would be a good match-up but I think Shields would win just because of his wrestling. I think he would have a good fights between Hughes and Almeida. Could go either way on those. I don't think he's a bad fighter but there are some pretty good fighters at Welterweight. You have some real solid wrestlers at that weight class and you have people like Fitch that are just good all-around brawlers.