Dan Hardy Verbal Assault on Swick, Marquardt and Koscheck

Updated: March 2, 2010

Dan Hardy has a monstrous task ahead of him, taking on GSP at UFC 111, but that doesn’t stop the outlaw from talking some smack against the rest of the UFC welterweight division.

Mike Swick:

“It’s funny Swick is now moaning that I didn’t deserve this shot. Swick should have kept his mind off me and on his last opponent, Paulo Thiago, and maybe he wouldn’t have been beaten again.”

Josh Koscheck:

“I am very amused Josh Koscheck is still bitching his lungs out that he deserves a title shot, not me. British fans will know Koscheck as the Fraggle-haired guy who got sparked out in one round in London a year ago, only to take his loss out on an innocent chair backstage, scoring a split decision points win over the unsuspecting piece of furniture. If you’ve forgotten that fight (and if you blinked, you’d have missed it) you’ll see something very similar in May when Paul Daley knocks him out.

“Koscheck says I have beaten nobodies but my latest win was over his supposed friend and team-mate in Swick. how loyal. That’s why Jon Fitch isn’t improving, why Koscheck has so many one-sided losses on his record and why Swick will never fight for a title. They aren’t really a team, they don’t have each others’ best interests at heart and clearly there’s a lack of respect in that gym.”

And don’t forget Nate “The Great” Marquardt:

“Nate Marquardt is another guy who has been vocal that I am getting some sort of preferential treatment from the UFC. He’s a middleweight, so I can’t see how this concerns him. But all I can say is if I don’t curl up into a ball and get blasted in one round, I’ll do better than he did in his title shot against Anderson Silva. I’ve won four UFC bouts to get here, not-so-great Nate had three, none of which were against world-beaters.”

Win or lose against Georges St. Pierre, Dan Hardy won’t have to look far for a top UFC welterweight itching for a chance to take off the englishman’s head

1. Ross

March 2, 2010 at 4:34 am

Quite alot of truth in what he said. Hardy like him or hatge him is atleast entertaining.

Considering what Marcus Davis said about Hardy recently i would hardly call this insults.

2. Oswald Gobbleock

March 2, 2010 at 6:06 am

I think this is funny. I like that he's bashing the haters. Those guys should focus on themselves more. Guys like Fitch who needs to worry about finally finshing somebody.

3. sy

March 2, 2010 at 7:59 am

well said hardy, like what he said against nate's comments nate had less ufc wins when he got his shot and got smashed in the first round.

4. T.R.

March 2, 2010 at 8:22 am

Yeah, I agree with everything he said here. I don't think he'll get past GSP but I like his chances against anyone else in the division.

5. Jay

March 2, 2010 at 3:39 pm

May not get past him is right, But keep in mind that The right punch at the right time can put anybody out and GSP is no exception and same goes for hardy

6. TartanTorpedo

March 3, 2010 at 12:10 am

Agree with the comments so far. I think he's come out, said how he feels but done it in a concise and amusing manner which comes across well and makes the others look a tad silly.

Again i agree GSP is a huge favourite and more than likely will win (although never say never), but as long as Hardy fights to his potential at the moment i feel this shot is justified.

7. STEVEO

March 3, 2010 at 1:17 am

so I will say I didn't care for hardy much but the more I hear from him I love it. He doesn't spew the same BS we hear from every fighter. I like marquadt but I wouldn't be running my mouth after I was coming off a 3 round snoozefest ass whipping by Sonnen. Koscheck, like Frank Mir I wouldn't mind if Koscheck is the first in ring death, He showed who he really was on TUF (fuck that guy). Swick dropped two straight so I don't know if he's got any room to be flapping his gums either, one of which was to hardy. GSP SHOULD win, but lets not forget, theres always a punchers chance, anybody remember Matt Serra? Who did he win the belt from again…

8. hosan

March 3, 2010 at 1:09 pm

good christ will people stop bringing up matt serra? every goddamned time gsp fights anybody nowadays someone pipes in with "oh he's got a chance to knock him out, look at the matt serra fight". Anyone who is a fan of the sport knows that fight and knows it wasn't just some glancing blow from a forrest griffin, they know it was a heavy shot from a heavy hitter. So, in short, yeah he could lose by getting a devastating shot to the temple. I can only think of one fighter who pretty much can't and gsp beat him twice.

9. Jay

March 3, 2010 at 1:50 pm

If Hardy shows up to fight GSP it will be a good fight. I do think GSP has his hands full though. You guys think its gonna be walk in the park for GSP. The pressure is always on the champ. But I like to see GSP exchange more on the feet and show he is better their also. But lately he has been laying and praying.

10. STEVEO

March 4, 2010 at 12:30 am

calm down hosan, it'll be ok. serra getsw brought up for the same reason Frank "I'm really overated" Mir will get mentioned everytime lensar fights, they are already talking about the rubber match. THE ONLY way mir will ever beat brock is by submission, bottom line. Hardys a striker, basically a puncher at that, so hes pretty much got a punchers chance, if GSP can wrestle at an olympic level and dominate guys like alves on the ground for 25 minutes I really dont like hardys chances. Frankly I am tired of watching title fights because other than LHW and HW there is no one even in the same league as the champs.

11. Oz

March 4, 2010 at 5:09 am

Good point Steveo. UFC needs to expand the belt range, certainly a Super Heavy Divison, perhaps flys and straws, bring in new blood and retire some of these big names just hanging on.