Dana White Goes in on Floyd Mayweather, Calls Him a “Dummy” and “Racist”

Updated: February 21, 2012
dana_white_FUEL_tv

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has made the news recently not for boxing, but for calling NBA breakout star Jeremy Lin an average basketball player that is only getting attention because of his race. Well all of the sports analysts have been tiptoeing around whether to call it a racist comment or not. But not UFC president Dana White, he let it all out tonight in an interview on FUEL TV’s “UFC Tonight” show.

“First of all, what [he] said, I think, was racist. He’s made a couple of racist comments. And yes, you’re racist with the stuff you’ve said. … you dummy. Don’t worry about what all these other guys are doing, and shooting your big mouth off on Twitter. … And I know I speak for millions and millions of other people. Shut up …”

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUruWdpk66Y

This comment is a direct response to “Pretty Boy” Floyd’s recent opinion that race is the reason New York Kicks point guard Jeremy Lin is getting attention:

“Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he’s Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don’t get the same praise.”

This isn’t the first time Mayweather has caused controversy over his racial comments. While promoting the most anticipated ghost fight against Manny Pacquiao he took things a little too far.

“As soon as we come off vacation, we’re going to cook that little chump. Once I stomp that midget, I’ll make that motherf—-r make me some sushi roll and cook me some rice.”

The Mayweather/Pacquiao fight is by far the most anticipated fight in boxing but it has been called off on many occasions. The first time because Mayweather wanted the “Pacman” to have to take olympic-style drug testing and more recently because he wanted to earn the lions share of the proceeds from the fight.

What do you think, do you agree with Dana White on this one?

1. technix

February 22, 2012 at 1:14 am

No question Floyd Mayweather says some stupidest s**t . I couldn’t say it any better than Dana just did, yes Floyd you’re a racist for those comments.

2. flampoo

February 22, 2012 at 7:29 am

Shut up and take the fight, Fffffloyd!

3. rod

February 22, 2012 at 9:36 am

Couldn't agree with Dana more than that. I cant wait for the day that arrogant ass gets his ass whipped specially after his domestic abuse. You might be a great fighter and have loads of cash but you are an asshole. Stop being greedy and fight him already.

4. Ron Pauly

February 22, 2012 at 9:54 am

I like talking shit about Dana, but sometimes that fucker makes be proud <3

5. Al Van

February 22, 2012 at 10:02 am

Ask nicely and maybe Manny will make you some soup Floyd , your not gonna be eating anything solid for a while afterwards.

6. J_Brennan

February 22, 2012 at 10:43 am

I paid for Mayweather vs. Ortiz only to see Floyd take, yeah legal, but bad sportsmanship punches when Ortiz wasn't looking. I know I'm not paying for any more of his fights unless its against Pacman.

7. technix

February 22, 2012 at 11:16 am

Mayweather is worried about his legacy and retiring without a loss on his record. Well I can tell you right now that I would put Pacquiao ahead of him as an all time great. A perfect record doesn't mean you're the greatest of all time. Muhammad Ali didn't retire with a perfect record, but what stands out is he never ducked a fight. Make the fight dummy. Hahaha.

8. G.B.Hamerick

February 22, 2012 at 11:22 am

Ha Ha Ha seems there are a lot of Floyd haters out there, but really is there anyone that really gives a shit about what dana says? after all it is just his opinion. Dana needs to just stick with UFC and until he promotes a boxing match or owns a NBA team who cares really. For those of you that think you know boxing there is no way pacman the brawler can beat floyd the boxer.

• technix

February 22, 2012 at 11:32 am

I don't think it's an easy fight for Floyd and Floyd doesn't think it's an easy fight. If it was then collect the payday and retire without any questions about how great you are.

Dana did go off a little too much on this calling him a racist but I think the majority of boxing fans are like "what the hell do we have to say to get this fight to happen"?

Check this video out. It's Floyd talking in person to a radio host that confronted him with something just like this. I don't think Floyd thinks Pacquiao is an easy fight.

9. theoklahomasooner

February 22, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Floyd's comments can be stupid but he's the President of the UFC. Let boxing analysts judge on what's going on in boxing. Dana should judge what's going on in the UFC and Strikeforce.

Yet he bitches when Bob Arum or other guys outside the UFC talk about his sport.

10. javier

February 23, 2012 at 2:27 am

the best shit i ever heard come out of dana white’s mouth!! wow, thanks for tellin like it is for once dana!!!! good job homie!

11. rod

April 16, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Way to go Dana

12. rod

April 16, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Floyd is such a doosh bag i hope he takes the fight with Pac Man and gets his ass handed to him.