Dana White: Nick Diaz Would Be In The UFC If He Would Play The Game

Updated: February 5, 2010

Dana White talks about Nick Diaz and confesses that Nick would be in the UFC if he were to just “Play the game”

“The last time Nick Diaz was in the UFC, he got into a fist fight in the hospital, you know what I mean? With the guy that he fought here … You can’t do that kind of stuff. You know, the kid is very talented, and he probably should be in the UFC, but that kind of stuff has got to stop.”

1. Lenses

February 5, 2010 at 3:07 am

I just can't picture him beating some of these top people like Kos, Alvez, Fitch. GSP would run through him. I'm not that impressed with either of the Diaz's

2. derm

February 5, 2010 at 3:45 am

me neither good midcard fighters not elite am i wrong in thinking Nick Diaz awhile back made some controversial comments bout smoking weed? unprofessional

3. Miko

February 5, 2010 at 4:00 am

Lenses, you cant picture it because it would never happen.

*waits for everyone to jump up and down and scream "Matt Serra!!!!!"*

derm he tested positive for weed with his fight with Gomi

so the ruled it an NC

4. STEVEO

February 5, 2010 at 4:19 am

bottom line hes a talented fighter but as a human being hes got some work to do. I would love to see him fight in the ufc again but danas got a great point, fighting in a hospital, really? its not unprofessional its just fucking stupid. We say in the army all the time YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!

5. Ken

February 5, 2010 at 5:16 am

I have to disagree from a fighters stand point Diaz is an elite welterweight fighter I don't believe KOS is an elite as Lenses said earlier. Diaz has been around for many years and continues to improve the only reason he is not considered one of the top welterweights is because of his demeanor and actions outside of the cage.

6. Alvan Dal

February 5, 2010 at 5:35 am

Diaz would walk through all the current UFC welter contenders , Dana knows Nick is the only true competition in the weight class for GSP that's why he's putting this out there now…… who wants to see GSP slowly destroy Koz or Fitch again, I don't

7. derm

February 5, 2010 at 5:49 am

when hardys R.I.P and there could be a daley match up if he wins his next two fights i reckon , GSP would seriously have to consider fighting diaz or moving up a weight class , cause even then he's cleaned out the division completely , only one i reckon who deserves a rematch would be fitch but he still would lose , i bet every welterweight is praying he goes to the faglympics

8. Miko

February 5, 2010 at 6:24 am

derm. how is he seriously going to consider fighting diaz if they don't work for the same company?

9. murphy

February 5, 2010 at 6:29 am

As far as GSP goes I dont see anyone beating him right now. BUT Diaz is 26. Younger than fitch, alves, kosh, hardy etc etc. People forget how young he is. I believe he will someday be a top welterweight. I think he would beat kosh, alves, sanchez in a rematch. Fitch might be to much right now but he has time and seems to get better every fight. He has a medical marijuana card in California for his ADD. I think that is the biggest obstical for Dana

10. Lenses

February 5, 2010 at 7:02 am

I say I'm not impressed with Diaz because what top ranked guys has he really fought in the last 4 years. The guy hasn't fought a top 10 welterweight in the last 4 years. I'm not impressed that he beat Zaromskis because a lot of people would have gone through him. I dont get where Diaz is all of the sudden the number 2 guy in the welterweight division. The guys not even in the top 10. You have to beat top competition to be up in the ranks to fight people like GSP He's got a lot of experience and I'm not saying he's a bad fighter but what has he done recently to be considered as good as someone like GSP or Fitch?

11. capt.ADK'er

February 6, 2010 at 12:53 am

what's ur op as a boxer or K-1 fighter?