Dana White Not Pleased With Rampage’s A-TEAM Role

Updated: September 16, 2009

rampage_smile

UFC President Dana White comments on Quinton Rampage Jackson decision to postpone his fight with Rashad Evans and peruse the role of Mr. T in the upcoming A-TEAM movie.

“I hate it, I hate it so bad I can’t even tell you how bad I hate it. I’m so mad at Rampage over this. Rampage is a guy that we’ve obviously taken under our wing over the last few years, we really like him and we’ve really done a lot of good things for him. And for him to do this to me and to pull out and do this goofy A-Team movie man, I’m not happy about it all…They’re not paying him jack. He’s giving up literally millions of dollars to play Mr. T. If you think he’s going to go in there and say, “I pity the fool,” and he’s going to become a huge serious of that role, gimme a freakin’ break…Rampage is somebody I consider a friend, he put me in a bad position and I’m not happy about it. He hurt himself, he hurt us. Sometimes, seriously, you have to save these guys from themselves. What he’s doing makes no sense whatsoever. So we’ll see how this whole thing plays out and what happens. But I’m mad at him, I don’t even want to talk to him right now. Lorenzo’s talking to him, not me.” [DAM]

You know you are in some shit when the boss is not talking to you…the A-Team movie better not suck.

1. fino

September 16, 2009 at 2:43 am

Dana is wrong. This is not a goofy movie. Its a great opportunity for Rampage and may bring in new fans to the UFC with an interest in him and his charactor from the film. I understand Dana White's being upset about Rampage not delivering on a commitment but It could be a good opportunity to promote MMA and Dana is being a little short sided.

2. Rubs

September 16, 2009 at 3:53 am

Pssh… Anything a UFC fighter that does anything at all that doesn't involve UFC and UFC getting any money will piss Dana off. I like Rampage for Mr. T. I bet he'll be funny and having fun, let him do it ya douche

3. Rubs

September 16, 2009 at 3:55 am

Shit bad grammar, haha, what i meant to say in my first sentence was "Anything a UFC fighter does that doesn't involve the UFC making money will piss Dana off."

4. Al

September 16, 2009 at 3:56 am

Should of signed the fight before the TUF season started! I wanted to see Page fight but he wasnt obligated to do so so can't complain

5. Oswald Gobblecock

September 16, 2009 at 4:05 am

Say what you want about this movie but I'd much rather see Rampage fight Rashad!

6. King kong.

September 16, 2009 at 4:41 am

i think most would Oswald, but Rampage is in charge of his own career and Dana needs to learn not to put too much trust in people.

7. Oswald Gobblecock

September 16, 2009 at 4:59 am

It takes some of the excitement out of the season.

8. Alvan Dal

September 16, 2009 at 5:07 am

Gotta agree with Fino, this is a good opportunityfor Rampage. I just hope he starts training immediately after filming is done. I don't want this fight to go stale like the Hughes/Serra fight did.

9. rhetro

September 16, 2009 at 5:10 am

he totally screwed dana on this one. especially after all that he's done for him when he got with that hit n run. he's definately losin respect. it's almost startin to look like he's scared to fight again. i dont get this move one bit especially comin from a guy sayin that he's never goin to let it go a year in between fights.

10. WHODINI

September 16, 2009 at 5:18 am

things change expecialy when money is involved

11. Frieds

September 16, 2009 at 9:08 am

After Rampage's recent brush with the law, the UFC was pretty good to him, to back out of a fight (whether previously inked or simply assumed) for a lame role in what I'm sure will be a lame movie (lets face it, he wont be up for any oscars) is a slap in the face to an organization that has supported him 100%. Your MMA prime is short lived, he should capitalize on his ability as a fighter while he still has it, save the mohawk for retirement.

12. roy

September 16, 2009 at 9:25 am

i don't like that he skipped out on another fight but thets face it the ufc helped him because he made them money not because they gave a shit, if it where a mid level fighter would dana have helped him or cut him? and the movie may suck but its got a nice budget and some good actors in it so it may be good. its hard to blame him for wanting to do some movies but after seeing him skip on the machida fight do tuff again with a fake beef with rashad and than not fight it is disappointing. it better be a good movie and he better knock out rashad after or he will look really stupid.