Dana White on Shogun’s KO, Daley and Bye Bye Kimbo

Updated: May 9, 2010

Dana White is excited about Shogun’s performance. Disgusted in Daley’s actions, disappointed more by what he had to say in the cage after the sucker punch.

1. CobraClutch

May 9, 2010 at 1:04 am

Very good interview. Ariel is very very good at his job. I didn't like him over a year ago when I first saw him, but Nichole and others said he was better then the few interviews I saw, and they were right. He's been on point, especially lately, and deserves props for asking the right questions and getting the stories.

I agree with Ariel, too, WHY cut Kimbo now? With the name, the rep, and everything…why not at least one more fight? I know anyone can beat Kimbo by just chopping his legs down and tiring him out. But why not at least one more fight? Many guys lose in the UFC and keep fighting. I don't get that one.

And yeah….Kos totally faked it. Good call by Ariel to ask Dana about that one and remember the Rumble Johnson fight too.

2. Rich

May 9, 2010 at 1:23 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Kimbo physically can't fight anymore, one leg kick and he buckled in big pain. I think its actually rather decent to cut him instead of riding his draw right into a wheelchair. I'm not happy about it but if he really has no cartilage in those knees then no amount of MMA training is going to help him.

3. Miko

May 9, 2010 at 2:49 am

I Bet we see Kimbo do the circuit in Japan.

Maybe even pro-Wrestling.

4. CobraClutch

May 9, 2010 at 3:45 am

That's actually a great idea, Miko. Kimbo would be a hit on the wrestling circuit…but I don't know if he's athletic enough. Fake as it is, those guys are pretty damn athletic to do what they do and not get seriously hurt as much as you would think.

5. fino

May 9, 2010 at 4:53 am

Kimbo was a phony. I think he bought into his own made up persona. I'm glad he is out of the UFC.

6. GG

May 9, 2010 at 12:58 pm

I agree with u CC, Ariel is awesome. Except for that time he couldn't make an argument for Fedor.

7. CobraClutch

May 9, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Oh, that's right, GG! I remember that! Well, our boy is learning…he'll get there. :)