Dana White UFC 103 vs Floyd Mayweather

Updated: September 10, 2009
Dana White UFC 103 vs Floyd Mayweather

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVUWLl_AJfs

Dana White argues the case for buying UFC 103 over the boxing event between Floyd Mayweather vs. Juan Manuel Marquez aka “Whats his name”.

1. Tundra

September 10, 2009 at 1:14 am

Floyd is fighting Juan Manuel Marquez, a very good fighter. Dana should mind his own buisness and concentrate on the UFC.

September 10, 2009 at 2:15 am

This is going to be a great boxing match..

But Dana does have some good points..Like Cheaper,more fights,MMA ppl dont try to win by the Judges

3. King kong.

September 10, 2009 at 2:27 am

2 biggest fights in MMA (for me at least)

Brock Vs Fedor.

Silva vs Machida.

make them happen Dana! oh wait…. nvm.

Dana needs to worry more about UFC and MMA than boxing and Mayweather.

4. miko

September 10, 2009 at 3:15 am

Anybody else get the vibe that Dana was talking to an empty room, pretending to do a press conference?

5. Doc Holiday

September 10, 2009 at 3:26 am

You tell them Dana. Boxing is a screw job. Jack the prices up and you might see one good match of like 3. I shall be watching 103

6. roy

September 10, 2009 at 3:46 am

boxing is great, i don't think dana will win any boxing fans over calling marquez "whats his name". he would have been better off not saying anything about it, it only makes him look worried going up against them.

7. Doc Holiday

September 10, 2009 at 4:53 am

I dont think Dana is worried over boxing. Its a good sport but people have ruined boxing over the years. Its very corrupt.

8. Oswald Gobblecock

September 10, 2009 at 5:14 am

Lets be real honest, Dana doesn't even need to bash boxing to win fight fans over!

9. Jay

September 10, 2009 at 5:27 am

UFC is 10 times more entertaining than boxing. I agree with Dana you do get your monies worth with 5 great fights

10. T.R.

September 10, 2009 at 5:47 am

i agree with oswald. fight fans are won over by mma for sure. I know that there are some boxing loyalist (mainly in my dads generation, 50s and 60s). I love boxing. I will tivo the mayweather fight and watch ufc. But, boxing is really just one aspect of fighting. MMa is trying to master ultimate fighting. The complete package of striking, wrestling, subs, boxing, karate, and so on… This is why we love it because mma is simple a more complete fighting style. But I'm rambling and everyone on this site knows this already for sure. In any case, I hope mayweather get koed finally by Marquez.

11. hosan

September 10, 2009 at 5:54 am

It's hard to agree with dana's points because I don't watch boxing, but it sounds like mayweather likes to avoid contact. Does he not go for ko at all? Or does he just fight the smart fight, like machida? I dunno maybe I'll go look at some of his fights.

@king Kong:

Both of the fights you listed that mma fans wanna see aren't dana's fault for not making them happen. Well, at least fedor isn't completely dana's fault.

And any real mma fan knows that if silva and machida were forced to fight, neither would give it their all and it would be an incredibly boring fight.

12. Jay

September 10, 2009 at 6:42 am

Unless Silva and machida dont beccome friends anymore like Anderson And wanderlai did. Chuck and Tito were pretty close friends. Chuck used to invite tito for dinner at his house and look what happened they both fought twice and gave all they got. So if Silva and machida were to become lesser of friends it will be a good fight. I give the edge to silva on the feet though

13. King kong.

September 10, 2009 at 7:26 am

hosan…. thats NOT the point.

Fedor vs Brock is EXACTLY the same as Mayweather vs manny….

so little difference in the reason's that won't happen.

Manny's promoters want rights to the fight….

Mayweather's want the rights to the fight….

UFC want the rights….

M-1 want the rights….

Silva and Machida won't fight….. the reason for it not happening doesn't matter…. it just isn't going to happen, same as Manny vs Mayweather.

if they were forced to fight each other…. I'm sure that they'd train to there hardest. i know i would if i was fighting any of my friends and I'm not an MMA fighter.

14. WHODINI

September 10, 2009 at 8:26 am

thats the thing i have hated about boxing like he says mayweather running around instead of punching .. thats the thing i hated about suger ray and a few others

15. T.R.

September 10, 2009 at 12:05 pm

yeah, I paid 55 bucks to watch de la hoya chase mayweather around for a freakin hour. He is a defensive boring fighter to me. THe best thing about his fights is his ring entrance. He did finish Hatton but it took like 6 or 7 rounds i think ( i could be wrong). Pac man finished hatton in very quickly. After the de la hoya and mayweather fight I remember thinking tha I will NEVER pay that much for a boxing ppv again.

On the other hand, I don't recall ever regretting buying an mma event. Some were better than others but there is usually at least 2 good fights amoung the five or six on an mma event.

again, marquez please ko pretty boy floyed.

16. steve

September 10, 2009 at 1:41 pm

Machida and Anderson are doing the same thing that Mayweather has done for years and years now. He avoids getting hit. Yes it can be boring but you guys are acting like every ufc you order is worth it lol. More than half of the ufc events now suck ass. Too many wrestlers and BJJ guys that do zero damage and win fights. Watch how fast mayweather and marquez are and actually watch the fight with an open mind. If you dont like boxing your an idiot and not a fighter. Every top guy in mma boxes and look at anderson silva. He wants to box rjj. Dana was a boxer and whether dana likes it or not this fight is gonna be huge. Yes mma is more fun to watch for the most part but boxing is still fighting and very fun to watch.

17. Al 2.0

September 10, 2009 at 1:51 pm

I like boxing, but I'm def getting the UFC after what Mayweather said about mma fans…i hope MMA crushes mayweather this time around.

18. Jay

September 10, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Its all Politics guys. The captilist's make the rules and money is the bottom line. Dana Pays some of the fighters so cheap you know. You have world class fighters and no world class salaries. Just enjoy the fights thats it.

19. steve

September 10, 2009 at 7:24 pm

If dana wanted to shut down boxing he should have put a bigger card together. With the card that he has set up it wont crush the PBF v. JMM fight. Mayweather draws a huge crowd and Juan has a lot of mexican support. I will be watching both off the internet b/c of all the shitty cards I have bought in the past. Like the Griffin v A. Silva ufc. That was a waste of money. I feel like the boxing match is gonna be very good and I strongly recommend everyone watch it atleast off the internet. But also watch Vitor ko Franklin.

20. Ryan S

September 11, 2009 at 9:51 am

Good call Miko, it sounds like he is the only one in the room. No one asks questions and seriously, no one knew Marquez's name?