Dana White: WEC, UFC to merge in 2011

Updated: October 28, 2010
Dana White: WEC, UFC to merge in 2011

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCIWWLnJSN4

Zuffa promotions the UFC and WEC will finally become one in 2011, according to UFC President Dana White.

• December 16th WEC card in Phoenix will be the last WEC event.
  • Current WEC fighters will get UFC salaries
  • Four UFC fights will air next year on Versus
  • Jose Aldo will defend featherweight belt at UFC 125 on Jan 1.
  • Smaller WEC cage is no more.
  • The UFC will gain more title fights to headline PPV’s.
  • Brittany Palmer’s status as a ring girl is unknown.

1. CagE

October 28, 2010 at 4:20 am

Its about time

2. STEVEO

October 28, 2010 at 4:37 am

I agree, I would really like to see one more tito fight with chuck and its a no matter what we walk away fight. Either way tito was a dominant force and if he can keep his mouth shut he'll end up in the HOF with chuck. I wanted to see the fight when it was supposed to happen before tito got hurt. I'd buy it.

3. Ural

October 28, 2010 at 5:28 am

We all saw this coming. I think it was Mac that called it fairly recently. It's a step in the right direction.

4. Businessman

October 28, 2010 at 9:59 am

Everyone called it… it was a no-brainer. It is about time so that we hopefully won't see a Bisping VS Sexyama or Lidell VS Franklin main event ever again. With 7 weight classes, it is almost a guarantee that one title will be up for grabs on every event.

5. fakearms

October 28, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Am I the only one that thinks that the fans will lose out with this merge?? It basically means that we will get to see less mma now and because of the roster of the UFC increasing dramatically it means that soon it will only take one lose to get cut from the UFC, we might see guys like Mike Brown who became famous from WEC losing one or two fights and then getting cut from the UFC. Plus all the staff that worked for WEC will lose a lot of jobs because there is people in the UFC to cover everything, this does not mean mma is expanding, its actually decreasing here because they will hold around the same amount of events as they did this year.

6. Ural

October 28, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Fakearms, did I miss part of the video?

I don't recall this new "Two Loss" rule being mentioned.

Where did it say that?

7. CobraClutch - The RE

October 28, 2010 at 9:28 pm

No you did not miss anything Ural, this putz is making shit up.

First off no one has said this.

Secondly, the existing weight classes will not increase their number, only the new lighter weight classes coming in with WEC's fighters.

God, this site needs me so badly, between Buisnessman, Fakearms, and Steveo, your understanding of MMA is less than my nut sack.

You losers are pathetic!

Stick with miniature golf or the wwf…

8. fakearms

October 28, 2010 at 11:13 pm

I will have the last laugh when you are paying for UFC events you could of watched for free on Versus with WEC! And I will also laugh when you start complaining that the UFC don't hold enough events per year, with such a large roster the UFC should be holding a pay per view every 3 weeks and a free fight night on spike inbetween pay per views! And please don't say "But fakearms thats too many shows for just one company!", and how can you say that people don't get cut after 2 loses?? Gonzaga and Cote just got cut last weekend with only 2 loses in a row each, both entertaining fighters who deserve another chance!

9. CobraClutch - The RE

October 28, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Where does this clown get his information from?

Stop talking out of your ass

Do you have any understanding how large this organization is now and how much larger they will be once televised in India?

and no one here calls you fakearms, we call you Dumb Fuck

10. fakearms

October 28, 2010 at 11:27 pm

I can't take you serious CobraClutch because you have no viable comeback, how am I a clown? Please explain. Could you reply to these questions;

1. How do you know that Dana White will hold more events given that he now will have a larger roster?

2. If he does hold more events, as a fan will you be happy paying for these events which were once viewed for free with WEC?

3. Because of such a large roster, do you not agree that after 2 loses a fighter should be cut from the UFC or do agree with Dana White who just cut Gonzafa and Cote?

Answer these questions and stop name calling and being a little girl about it

11. CobraClutch

October 28, 2010 at 11:55 pm

1. He has stated dozens of times that the UFC is increasing from a single continent organization to a multi, as it gets bigger and wealthier, obviously bouts will increase (watch the video's that Cage Today posts of his blogs)

2. YES – I'm a huge and 15 year fan of MMA, I have no problem paying for things that I love including sports cars, cuisine, vacations, and sporting events.

3. I do not agree that there will be a 2 Fight drop out, it will remain at 3 losses, and yes that is an excellent standard to hold for the top MMA Organization in the world. After 3 losses they can go to the Minors and try and make their way back up.

Your turn – Where do you get your information from about this new 2-Loss rule?

12. fakearms

October 28, 2010 at 11:59 pm

CobraClutch you are one serious cock sucking douchebag! Cant even answer my questions but you have no problem raising an argument with only saying your a dumb fuck. Cobra I raped your mother last night, I held her down and skull fucked the shit out of that wringly bitch, she was so overwhelmed by my cock in her mouth that she shit a nice big messy one in her hot pants! Your dad was watching the whole thing, well he had to I guess cause I beat the fuck out of him and left him in a bloody mess, didnt stop him from getting a boner though when your mother was gagging on my cock, dirty bitch was lovin it!

13. CobraClutch

October 29, 2010 at 12:06 am

I knew you would puss out

14. fakearms

October 29, 2010 at 12:18 am

thats not what your mother said last night when my cock was firmly in and around her puss!

Given ye a taste of your own medicine, stop acting the bollocks by calling people names when they come on here giving their opinion, act your age, now if your a fan of the sport for 15 years then Id imagine your relatively old, at least older than me, I first got interest in the sport during TUF1 5 years ago, im looking at your answers and I can understand where you coming from but I still disagree with you.

In 2. you said that you can afford to pay for these pay per views, not everyone can afford to pay $50 or whatever for these cards, its too expensive, especially in recessionary times. In 3. you only have to look at some of the guys the UFC has let go prematurely to realise they are cutting fighters too early, I agree with 3 fights but guys like Todd Duffee should not have been cut after losing only 1 fight!

15. CobraClutch

October 29, 2010 at 12:27 am

Still can't answer my and Urals Question

You just killed any credibility you had on this site

I can tell your a kid from your rant, you sound like someone that has never engaged in sex before

Your new name here DUMB FUCK fits you well

16. Tico

October 29, 2010 at 12:28 am

the question is viable Fakearms – just answer it

17. Dane

October 29, 2010 at 12:37 am

Never thought I'd agree with CC

Fakearms, he answered your Q's, what are you waiting for?

18. fakearms

October 29, 2010 at 12:37 am

There is no rule on when a fighter can be cut from the UFC, Dana white can cut a fighter after one loss or even 5 loses if he wants, there is no rule of 2 loses you get cut, same as it is with there is no rule with 3 loses or 4 loses and thats what I'm saying, I think a fighter deserves more than 2 loses to be cut, I never made up a "rule of 2 loses", yourself and Ural made up that rule, you only have to look at the most recent cuts from the ufc to see that 2 loses is enough to go, hell even 1 lose is enough to get booted and that refers back to my first comment where I said that you could see WEC fighters coming over from WEC to UFC already with a lose in WEC and then losing their first fight with UFC and then getting cut, which is essentially unfair but it happens, that was my point, but cobra and ural seemed to think I just made up a defined rule on the whole thing

19. Dane

October 29, 2010 at 12:46 am

Actually you brought it up first on post #5, nice try.

20. CobraClutch

October 29, 2010 at 12:47 am

Well at least Dumb Fuck tried

21. STEVEO

October 29, 2010 at 12:51 am

You know what I miss the days when cobraclutch is having a meltdown when his lover (a dude) breaks up with him and he swears in a long diatribe that he will never post here again over his tear soaked keyboard. And there is no 2 loss and your out rule, so if machiada loses his next fight your going to cut him, really, I think this will be a shot in the arm for the UFC and we won't have to watch mediocre cards plus the little guys are fun to watch beats watching Chris Tuchsherer flab around the ring.

22. fakearms

October 29, 2010 at 12:54 am

List of fighters cut from the UFC after 2 loses in a row or less:

Todd Duffee, Gabriel Gonzaga, Kimbo Slice, Yoshiyuki Yoshida, paul buentello, Jason high, Rob Emerson, Rafaello Oliveira, Fabricio Camoes, Brad Blackburn, Matt Veach, Jonathan Goulet, mark coleman, frank trigg, David Loiseau, Xavier Foupa-Pokam, Tim Boetsch, Eddie Sanchez, Josh Neer, Jake Rosholt, Din Thomas, Rich Clementi, ben saunders… I could go on and on and on with this list but you get the point, 2 loses in a row is too unfair i think, with this merge with the WEC don't be surprised to see WEC fighters being cut esp in the lightweight division thats all im saying

23. Timmie

October 29, 2010 at 1:01 am

There is not a single name here that bothers me.

I watch UFC to see the best.

I watch Dream, SF, K1, etc, to see the rest

It's a good system, but the 3-Fight Loss system is best, unless they get booted for being childish or something.

24. fakearms

October 29, 2010 at 1:04 am

Oh and CobraClutch I cant wait to get home tonight to your mother so I can fist that tight bitch's asshole, your dad didnt do a good enough job on that dirty cow cause she keeps ringing me phone begging for me to rape your again, last night was especially good cause after i dislocated the cunt off her I gave her a fucking big donkey punch and knocked her out so I took the opportunity to take a shit on her chin, dirty bitch must of been dreaming about sucking cock because she started swallowing the scat! Nasty whore she is!

25. CobraClutch

October 29, 2010 at 1:11 am

Give it a break Dumb Fuck, all that typing for nothing

26. fakearms

October 29, 2010 at 1:16 am

Tell your mother to give it a break and stop ringing me, filthy slut is gagging for the cock!

27. STEVEO

October 29, 2010 at 1:26 am

most of those 2 loss guys were one sided two losses or really shitty performances in those losses. A few of those names are from the senior circuit and many guys just never made a name for themselves or made highlight reels for the wrong reason, duffee had an attitude problem, I actually liked watching Ben Saunders fight thats the only name I may disagree with on that list. Gonzaga's claim to fame was KOing an old shitty looking cro cop and getting owned by randy couture. Dana put a presser out about the merger today and even said "if you win you stick around, if your exciting you get to stick a round a little longer" so even there he's telling you that you have to win.

28. CobraClutch

October 29, 2010 at 1:34 am

Saunders was always smiling even when he was getting beat. I liked him on TUF though.

Loiseau was also a pretty good fighter in his youth, but he seemed to lose it all at once.

29. Dane

October 29, 2010 at 1:35 am

I cannot believe I'm saying this…but CobraClutch wins again.

It wasn't even close

30. PoppyNick

October 29, 2010 at 1:47 am

That was an interesting discussion…..WTF???

31. Timmie

October 29, 2010 at 2:01 am

It was going well for dumb fuck until he got caught blaming his dumb comments on CC and Urul, then he showed his hand.

But, I think its safe to say that dumb fuck has a bright career at Penthouse Forum

32. CobraClutch

October 29, 2010 at 2:36 am

Fake are is an ass! what a dumb fuck

33. jbug

October 29, 2010 at 3:18 am

woww…. i gotta agree with cc here and i must give cc some credit for keeping his composure in the arguement because fakearms kind of got real lame once the whole fucking of mothers and stuff came in.. the discussions around this site have been much more pleasant these days so we really dont need some sex crazed d bag like yourself(fake arms) on here posting… and cobra ive decided to not talk trash and only talk mma… on that note, i like the idea of the merge, but however do kind of agree on the free vs. paying argument because times are hard…

34. Mac

October 29, 2010 at 4:28 am

Have not bought a PPV since PK1 Karate Mania back in 94' Anybody remember that?

Rufus vs. Therio and Alexio vs Kimber

I just cannot afford to fork over big bucks for TV shows and I guess I'm lucky that my antenna picks up Spike (at no cost)

I haven't had cable since 03'

oddly enough I still blow money at the track every summer

35. harry henderson

October 29, 2010 at 4:42 am

Dumb Fuck was doing OK until he got scared, he's probably a kid or something.

I'm not as tight as Mac here, but I agree with JBug that times are indeed hard as I savor any freebie from UFC or the any of the Minors

36. Ryan S

October 29, 2010 at 8:35 am

The only thing Fakearms was really correct about was that he didn't actually say it was a rule. Go back and read it in post #5, he was just saying they generally seem to cut people after 2 losses.

But either way, he was WAY too childish to win that arguement. I'm with Dane, I never thought I would say this but Cobra killed in that debate.

I think Fakearms thinks that Dana is going to start purging many of the fighters that come from WEC, meaning there would be less fighters out there to watch, but that doesn't make much sense because most of them are in smaller weight classes than the UFC currently has.

37. Cletus

October 29, 2010 at 9:00 am

thanks for the recap

38. Nichole Lesniak

October 29, 2010 at 11:20 am

Yes, Ryan, but the list of the fighters he cut after 3 losses is probably equally as long.

If you get cut after 2 losses, there were obviously other issues.

Heck…I could probably dig up some names that weren't cut until after a fourth loss!

39. hosan

October 29, 2010 at 12:19 pm

like tito?

seriously i don't think it's ever been a rule set in stone or anything. I just think win, lose, or draw if you're doing poorly, they'll cut you. Unless you bring some cash in still…..like tito.

40. Cletus

October 29, 2010 at 12:26 pm

When was the last Ortiz UFC win?

41. Choke888

October 29, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Is this CobraClutch for real? WAY too much time arguing anonymously on this site. The other guy is right – a bigger UFC means more weight divisions, more fighters. With a roster that big and only about 20 guys fighting each event, a few losses and you're out. They'll only want hot up-and-comers, real contenders and champions. They can't do an event every week, so there's a limited number of events they can put on. And anyway, who gives a shit! You're taking it all WAY too seriously. Get off the internet! It's only MMA.

42. Miko

October 31, 2010 at 4:28 am

Trollbra, you're STILL on here arguing with anyone and everyone? How empty is your life that you feel the need to hang out here and jump on people who dont agree with you 100%? Sitting behind your keyboard feeling like you actually won something.

You're so fucking sad.

43. Cletus

October 31, 2010 at 5:13 am

CHOKE888

If you don't like MMA Discussion Boards, then why are you posting here?

Obviously everyone here gives a shit, that's why they like to discuss it.

One more thing – YOUR posting on it, so either your a hypocrite or your full of it.

Your comment is way off, which was already explained if you could read the posts. The only additions to the fighters are with the expanded divisions. Not every event needs to showcase every division. It is not that complicated.

44. STEVEO

November 1, 2010 at 1:49 am

Cletus, back when he beat SHAMrock in the worst stoppage ever, well the last two times he beat SHAMrock. tito always put on a decent fight just isnt getting wins cause hes not finishing fights

45. harry henderson

November 1, 2010 at 3:12 am

that was a while ago!

46. Ms. Quivering Honey

November 1, 2010 at 5:11 am

Interesting site here.

Dana White keeps Ortiz around for the face value, he is worth more even losing than to give up the most famous world wide MMA name to the Minors or some other random Corp.