Dana White’s Dream Of Reality Stardom Squashed By Big Mouth

Updated: April 4, 2009
dana-white-ultimate-fighter

dana-white-ultimate-fighter

On a upcoming interview with CBS Radio’s the “MMAsh“, UFC President Dana White announces his intent to discontinue the UFC Video blogs for the time being, in light of the recent media backlash of his anti-gay rant. He also is canceling plans for a reality TV series dubbed “American Promoter”.

“… I offended and hurt some people (that) I didn’t meant to offend and hurt … An apology was in order so I apologize, and I meant it. I have no ill will whatsoever towards anyone in the gay community.”

“Not only have I not changed my mind about (not doing) the video blogs, I had a reality show too called American Promoter … We had a done deal to do it and now I’m not going to do that either.”

“It’s too much, man … It’s way too much. You see the video blog. It follows me all day (and) all night. We actually shot the pilot for American Promoter. We already shot that. That’s worse than the blog. They’ve got a full camera crew; boom guy; (and) a couple producers surrounding me all day and all night. This incident that happened, it’s just, I’m like ‘no way, it’s too much.’… I’m going to be me. Me being me, I’m going to be me and I just don’t need that 24/7.” [transcript via fiveouncesofpain]

Despite the complete inappropriateness in his choice of words on his video blog, if Dana White, the President of a major US company wants to be a “Reality Whore”, by all means let him. Hey it works for Trump.

1. Dave

April 4, 2009 at 2:11 am

Kids, let that be a lesson to you, don't ever give up on your dreams. Even if you are uneducated and classless, you can still some how make something of yourself – just like Dana White.

2. Kash

April 4, 2009 at 2:37 am

He was a lawyer and agent before so you know this guy must be full of class. lol

I've got to see what he said in that blog to get all of this negative PR.

3. Oswald Gobblecock

April 4, 2009 at 6:08 am

That sucks, i like his blogs

4. Tank

April 5, 2009 at 9:03 am

Wat a pussy lol. Jus because someone says the word faggot that doesnt mean theyre putting down all the gays, people are too sensitive these days. Freedom of speech fags!

5. junie b

April 5, 2009 at 9:22 am

Mabey now I can get my own reality show!

6. STEVEO

April 5, 2009 at 12:00 pm

Dana is full of shit you know by the way he talks he says stuff like fag and homo all the time just like most guys do. I do agree with the posts up above everytime someone says something people just freak out and make a big deal out of shit for the drama of it, ridiculous. Grow up, I am in the military and I have to listen to people say stupid shit all the time about what I do, sometimes you just gotta let it go.

7. Oswald Gobblecock

April 5, 2009 at 7:13 pm

I'm sure he says "fag" all the time but when you do it where everyone can see it you get in some sort of trouble.

8. gabe

May 5, 2009 at 4:29 am

this shit is gay… its just a word.. what bunch of fags.. hes not offending anyone…