Diego Sanchez In Line For The Winner Of Penn vs Florian

Updated: July 14, 2009
diego_sanchez

diego_sanchez

Diego Sanchez:

“This comes from Lorenzo [Fertitta] and Dana [White],” Sanchez told FanHouse during UFC 100 weekend. “They’re flying me out to Philadelphia [UFC 101]. I’ll be sitting there ringside. I’ll probably be in the ring afterward. It’s on.”

“I feel I’m the biggest, strongest competitor at this weight …. The same way Thiago Alves and Jon Fitch use their size and strength advantage in the ring at 170, that’s what I’m going to do at 155. I’ve had two fights at this weight and I’m only getting better at the weight cut, getting better at this process and it’s only a matter of time until I master it.” [FanHouse]

Diego Seems pretty confident that he will be next in line for a title shot against the winner of BJ Penn vs Kenny Florain at UFC 101.

July 14, 2009 at 2:35 am

I think Grey should have got the Tittle shoot but whatever Nightmare will lose to Ken flo and if h fights Bj it would be good but i think bj will also beat Nightmare

2. derek

July 14, 2009 at 5:34 am

the real question is — who is in line to face GSP? i see florian beating bj penn. then i see diego vs florian. that would be hard to call.

3. Al 2.0

July 14, 2009 at 6:18 am

Florian is no where near the fighter of BJ…if Kenny wins i'll get his face tattooed on my chest, and thats how confident i am he'll lose…

but please no one quote me if florian wins

4. fino

July 14, 2009 at 6:45 am

BJ is a tough dude but may be lacking stamina as he ages. Kenny is a much improved fighter. Al 2.0 be prepared to get tattooed. …….But BJ will be hard to beat at this wieght class.

5. Mike

July 14, 2009 at 8:58 am

GSP will take time off to heal, after that a fight with Silva is well on the cards!

6. Mike

July 14, 2009 at 9:04 am

hmm Maynard deserves the shot above Sanchez but after the war he had with Guida, its not surprising he will get a shot.

7. Miko

July 14, 2009 at 10:23 am

Maynard deserves it like Mike said.

But Maynard sucks (kind of what Zack said).

Maynard just sits on his opponents throwing shitty little punches to keep his opponent at bay and rides it out to a descision.

Sanchez is nuts, slugs it out, great on the ground.

Just all around crazy and gets casual fans to buy PPV's.

I think it's complete BS that Diego is being gifted a title

shot but at this point, everyone seems to be getting a shot after one or two fights.

8. Al 2.0

July 14, 2009 at 10:43 am

I was just thinking same thing Mike…If Maynard was to beat Huerta in their meeting, he should get it. Sanchez has won two fights at 155 and hasn't finished either of them, granted they were tough competitors. Hopefully Maynard wins his next fight and gets his shot after BJ/Florian vs Sanchez YES!

9. Zack

July 14, 2009 at 11:45 am

i think maynard has the record, but no way is he impressive.. last four fights are decisions.. guys like edgar and sanchez can get it to the ground but they try to do much more damage and try to finish the fight… if gray can beat huerta which i doubt, he should be next..

i would love to see edgar and sanchez thatd be a good ass fight

10. Mike

July 14, 2009 at 1:37 pm

i completely agree with that Miko, Dana is a business man and well he sets up the fights that make money over the fights that are deserved.

11. Cobra Clutch

July 14, 2009 at 4:44 pm

kenflo beats bj

kenflo beats sanchez

kenflo beatts maynard

book it

12. STEVEO

July 14, 2009 at 11:39 pm

I really would love to see kenny beat bj but I will say that sanchez loses to either of them.

13. zack

July 15, 2009 at 5:21 am

KenFlo will LOSE to BJ. Florian will just hop around the octogon like a lil bunny or something, just like he always does and BJ going to pick him a part with punches and finish Kenny via TKO. I dont think KenFlo can submit or KO, BJ. The only way KenFlo can win is by decision and i can't see that happening either.