DREAM 12 Cage Picture, Kikuno vs Alvarez

Updated: September 29, 2009

dream 12 poster

The mystical six sided white cage expected to debut at DREAM 12 finally makes its appearance in the media. Nightmare Of Battle has the scoop.

• Cage is not permanent, one event a year expected in the cage
  • In the cage – Three – 5 minute rounds.
  • Hexagon cage designed for provide maximum viewer experience.
  • Eddie Alvarez vs. Katsunori Kikuno officially announced.

DREAM 12 set for October 25th from the Osaka Castle Hall in Osaka, Japan

OLYMPIA DREAM.12

Katsunori Kikuno vs. Eddie Alvarez
Won Sik Park vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
Myeon Ho Bae vs. TBA
Marius Zaromskis vs. TBA
Alistair Overeem vs. TBA
Paulo Filho vs. TBA
Murilo Ninja vs. TBA
Kiyoshi Tamura vs. TBA
Yoshiro Maeda vs. TBA
Andrews Nakahara vs. TBA

September 29, 2009 at 5:13 am

they got some big names…i wonder who they are fighting..hahaha

2. STEVEO

September 29, 2009 at 10:17 am

overeem fights again without defending his belt, this is a joke

3. derek

September 29, 2009 at 2:53 pm

brock -215. carwin +175. i know it's unrelated, but i find it interesting to see that so many betting people put their money on brock. i see it more even, because of carwin's KO power and wrestling ability.

4. jay

September 29, 2009 at 3:02 pm

well you got 2 great wrestlers. But 1 wrestlers is just freakishly strong and atheltic and thats Brock lesnar. The question is can Carwin handle Brocks Size and strength.

5. ron shaw

September 30, 2009 at 1:31 pm

the line is pretty much what you would expect derek. brock is the hw champ and he's fought bigger names. i agree that carwin might be more skilled but brock is definitely going to be the bigger stonger guy. good bet though. i might put my money on carwin at those odds.

6. MMA NEWS

October 1, 2009 at 12:46 am

Gegard Mousasi set to return to action in November at Strikeforce:Fedor vs. Rogers

Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi posted a blog entry on the official M-1 Global website over the weekend. In the blog, Mousasi, confirmed he will be a part of the Emelianenko vs. Rogers card, with an opponent to be named later. He also discussed his interest in one day fighting for the UFC, but is in no hurry to leave Strikeforce.

Below are some highlights from the bog entry:

On Strikeforce –

In November my second fight for Strikeforce will take place but my opponent is not been determined. I heard rumors like Kevin Randleman, Paulo Filho and Mike Whitehead. Whitehead being the most logical pick because he recently won against Randleman. I’ve also heard that Arona is fighting again and it would be great if Strikeforce can pick him up.

On the UFC –

I was doubting if I’m doing a UFC chapter in my blog, my first thought was no because I’m not a UFC fighter but on the other hand a lot of people ask me the question ‘when are you going to the UFC?’. I know that the best fighters in my weight fight in the UFC but I’m still young and very happy with Strikeforce as a company. I’ve signed a contract with them and I will fight the fights they give me.

There are so many things possible in a short time, maybe I lose two times and the UFC doesn’t want me at all. That’s why I focus on one fight at a time. My goal in the future is of course to become UFC champion but I’m not in a rush. I’m happy with Strikeforce now and that’s the most important things. I’m now champion and want to defend with honor and dignity. It’s up to fighters like Fedor, Alistair and me to show great fights and make Strikeforce look good. I still believe Strikeforce is the company with the most growth potential. By the way maybe the UFC champions will come to Strikeforce and challenges us for the belt (laughs).