EliteXC News: Jake Shields vs. Drew Fickett in March

jake shields

jake shields

According to a message posted on Jake Shields MySpace page, Jake will take on MMA veteran Drew Fickett on the co-promoted Stikeforce-EliteXC card at the HP Pavilion on March 29.

I’ll be fighting Drew Fickett for the EliteXC Welterweight Championship on March 29th in San Jose.

Shields is considered one of the the top welterweight in the world, with wins over Yushin Okami, Dave Menne, Mike Pyle, Carlos Condit and Hayato Sakurai in Shooto.

Shields will have no easy task, taking on UFC veteran Drew Fickett. Fickett has an extensive MMA record with wins over Josh Koscheck, Kurt Pellegrino, Kenny Florian, Mark Weir and Edwin Dewees.

Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Le Rumored Fights

Frank Shamrock vs. Cung Le
Jake Shields vs. Drew Fickett
Joey Villasenor vs. Joe Riggs

Total 0 Votes

Tell us how can we improve this post?

+ = Verify Human or Spambot ?

1. Morey

January 28, 2008 at 5:22 am

I can't wait to see how Le fights against Shamrock. Fickett is tough and has a 30-5 record but I think Shields has good sub defense and will win that fight.

2. Realwun

January 28, 2008 at 6:36 am

Fickett is one of the most underrated fighters out there. Most people dont know who he is and he has fought in so many different shows. He has even fought some of the best in the UFC like Karo and Nick Diaz. Shields is claiming to be the best fighter in that division so I really want to watch this fight go down.

3. keivon

January 28, 2008 at 8:17 am

I havent seen Ficket or Shields yet but I'll try to catch this fight. I'm a big fan of Cung Le and I hope he throws Frank Shamrock all over the cage and hits him with some good headkicks.

January 28, 2008 at 8:33 am

this is going to ba a good ass fight..both r good but im gaving it to sheilds

January 28, 2008 at 8:34 am

this is going to ba a good ass fight..both r good but im giving it to sheilds

6. dane drebin

January 28, 2008 at 8:46 am

i say shamrock and shields win it