EliteXC News: KJ Noons “I’m a Free Agent”, NOT

Updated: October 8, 2008
noons-vs-diaz

Former EliteXC 160lb. Champion KJ Noons seems to be suffering from a bout of temporary delusion. This guys thinks he is just going to walk away from his EliteXC contract, he’s no Randy Couture, his best win was over Nick Diaz and that was stopped due to a cut. Some one needs to tell him that EliteXC has his ass for two more fights and the way he backed out of the Nick Diaz rematch, I don’t see them backing down on this one anytime soon.

“I’m a free agent”

Noons said his contract, of which two fights remain, only pertains to his reign as a titleholder.

“Since I’ve been stripped, I’m no longer the champion and I don’t owe them the fights,” he said. “I owed them fights for being a champion.”

Jeremy Lappen, EliteXC’s Head of Fight Operations, doesn’t agree.

“KJ still has two more fights on his contract,” Lappen said Monday. “I’m hoping we’ll work something out, but there’s really not much to work out. He’s still under contract with us.”

[Sherdog]

1. logo

October 8, 2008 at 5:46 am

this guy just gets worse and worse…hopefully elite will get smart and just drop him like a bad habit, im tired of hearing about vajay jay noons…WAR DIAZ!

2. Ryan S

October 8, 2008 at 10:55 am

Ok, now he is being an idiot. His explanation as to why he was free doesn't really make sense to me.

3. crynot

October 8, 2008 at 10:58 am

I really can't stand this guy. What a punk!

4. Alex

October 8, 2008 at 12:49 pm

If they stripped me of a title I would do the same thing. Elite is trying to do anything to stay afloat. And that why they tried the WWE move with Diaz picking a fight with Noons after his win to set up a bad blood match. Then they feed Kimbo chumps and it bit them in the ass. Elite is doing some petty shit in my opinion.

5. miko

October 8, 2008 at 1:41 pm

Heh Jared shaw is freaking out and doing whatever he can to stop them from cutting down his money tree

6. stanley

October 24, 2008 at 2:52 pm

I bet you guys feel really stupid for talking so much shit about KJ now that EliteXC tanked! All of you guys are just computer dorks with no lives and drinking too much haterade!!