EliteXC News: Paul Daley Retiring?

Updated: February 27, 2008
paul daley retiring

paul daley retiring

Paul Daley, welterweight Cage Rage Champion and standout Pro Elite fighter has announced on the Cage Worriers message-boards, that he will be retiring following his fight at March 29 EliteXC-Strikeforce co-promoted event featuring Cung Le vs. Frank Shamrock.

Daley who impressed at the latest ShoXC: Elite Challenger Series” event in Atlantic City, N.J., knocking out Sammy Morgan with a fierce elbow in the first round.

Here is the message:

This is for the fighters, fans, promoters and trolls alike.

As of now i will be stepping down as Cage Rage Champion (British and world), FX-3 Champion and KOTR champion. I vacate all these titles. Futher more i consider my self retired (from all MMA/Thai boxing) as of March 29th. March 29th i will fullfill my contracted commitment for Pro Elite, against a yet un named opponent.

No speculation, No futher annonucments, once i’ve found the path i originally set out on in the Martial Arts, i may return to this SPORT, Maybe 6months-Maybe 6 years, who knows.

Who will be the next welterweight CRC champ. FX-3 champ????…

Thanks

1. Morey

February 27, 2008 at 4:00 am

I hope this isn't true because his is one of my favorite up and comming fighters. I know he turned down a contract with the UFC but I didn't think he was thinking of retiring. I don't see how you can retire when you are destroying people and don't hold the EliteXC title yet.

2. roy

February 27, 2008 at 5:10 am

who knows maybe he just needs some rest or its a contract thing he is trying to clear up.he said he may return and that might be his real plan.

3. kom34

February 27, 2008 at 4:07 pm

it doesn't make much sense to me because he is a rising star. but maybe he wants to do something else with his life.

4. DanP

February 27, 2008 at 5:56 pm

That's a big disapointment, I was hopinmg he would join the UFC. I would like to see him fight Swick or Cummo!

5. Joe

February 27, 2008 at 6:56 pm

Who knows?…..The 6 months or 6 years thing sounded like a hint to me….But like I said, who knows?

6. Lee

February 27, 2008 at 11:25 pm

Joe_is_dumb? seriously man, you need to get some sort of life and stop bitching about other peoples comments. Go and watch some ballet or something that, theres really no room for Big egos and small dicks here!

7. roy

February 28, 2008 at 3:04 am

_is_dumb do you have anthing better to say pretty weak shit there.