EliteXC: Street Certified takes place February 16 from the University of Miami’s Bank United Center. The main card will be broadcast Live on Showtime.
Here are some key notes from the conference call, promoting the fight:
- Tank explains what he does when he is not training, “Drink. I like to have as much fun as I train. I like to hang out in bars and write the book that I’m doing.”
- Breaking News……Tank Abbott, Doesnt like drink beer anymore, he is more sophisticated now and likes to drink vodka and cranberry.
- Gary Shaw on Gina Carano, “We wanted her to be on the show. She was training for American Gladiators, and she wasn’t ready to compete…hopefully she’ll be ready for our big March 29 card in San Jose.”
- EliteXC is holding Street Certified in Miami to take advantage of Kimbos hometown celebrity status, but Shaw hinted that the state of Florida would be EliteXC’s home.
- EliteXC is planing a event sometime in April, to take place in Hawaii, Nick Diaz to headline.
- Nick Diaz recently had surgery to remove scare tissue around his eyes, but should be ready to fight in April.
- Gary Shaw on Dana White, “If you fight for the UFC, you can’t be bigger than Dana White. If you fight for EliteXC, you’re bigger than Gary Shaw, you’re bigger than EliteXC. It’s all about the fighter.”