England vs Australia TUF Being Considered

Updated: December 20, 2010

According to the Telegraph, the UFC is considering the first ever international The Ultimate Fighter. If the rumors are true, teams England and Australia could battle it out sometime in 2011. Coaches? Bisping or Hardy vs George Sotiropoulous.

1. Irish Bulldog

December 20, 2010 at 4:10 am

You know this is not a very good idea while there is talent in both of these countries it doesn't really appeal to the base which is The USA. The Fans would like a USA v. England which there has been or a USA v. Australia. The only way this would work would be if it broadcast in either England or Australia and not here

2. Flying Armbar

December 20, 2010 at 5:11 am

Irish Bulldog…I was thinking the same thing as I was reading. It may work with the hardcore fans but may not appeal to the casual fans. They would really need to get some crazy personalities in the house in order for this to be successful.

3. STEVEO

December 20, 2010 at 8:06 am

The worst part of this is George was on the show what 2 seasons ago. I hardly think hes ready for this, to be a coach that is, needs more experience in my opinion. I still say Wand Leben would be good, Sonnen would make a great coach too, at least for ratings.

4. Businessman

December 20, 2010 at 8:56 am

Yeah, I don't want to see George as a coach. Hardy would be entertaining. We already had Michael and he was not entertaining, he was just annoying. How about Mir and Lesnar as coaches…that would lead to their third match?

5. Trapper

December 20, 2010 at 10:03 am

Leben would just start crying again.

6. DanP

December 20, 2010 at 8:47 pm

There is a huge sporting rivalry between England and Australia… it will make a very entertaining season. For an American to say it won't be worth watching because there aren't any Americans competing… mmm, thats a pretty poor attitude – Its a global sport – get used to it!

7. OMEGA

December 21, 2010 at 4:27 am

DanP- I don't take the comments by the other posters to be negative or offensive towards other countries and you are correct, MMA is global. However, with TUF being an American show with the audience being primarily in the US, there has to be more of a US connection in order for it to be successful. There may be a big sports rivalry between Australia and England but not many people in the US know of it or care about it. If you have American fighters on the show, I find that I can relate more because even if I have never heard of them, I may have heard of their camp , trainer, or the city that they fight out of. It is just a tie that makes it more interesting.

8. CobraClutch

December 21, 2010 at 7:48 am

I feel the opposite Omega. I'd like to see teams of countries other than the US. But England has already had their shot. How about Japan vs Brazil or Austraila vs Russia.

9. CobraClutch is gone.

December 21, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Another sad little boy…faking his mentor's name. Tear rolls.

10. zulu

December 21, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Being English I would love to see this happen and I am sure my Australian cousins would agree, however I have to agree with Omega the US fan base would not be interested. God forbid they be made to look at an Atlas (map of the world).

11. Tomaso

December 21, 2010 at 10:46 pm

CobraClutch, I could not agree more! Thank you!

Friends, there are so many countries in the world with a great love for UFC and MMA, let's give them all a chance to see their sons compete for a spot.

12. DanP

December 22, 2010 at 12:25 am

Yep,… my main interest is in seeing great fights,… if the fighters are Japanese, Brazilian, American etc I'm not too bothered… TUF has been a cool show over the years. For those uninterested in the world outside the USofA.. I can assure you the rivalry in an England v OZ season will make great viewing!

13. P4P #1 Fan

December 22, 2010 at 2:54 am

Everyone would agree with you DanP that we are all interested in seeing great fights, regardless of where the fighter is from. MMA is worldwide and great fighters have come from all corners of the global. the problem here is that this is a reality show not an MMA event. For an MMA event, yes get fighters from Mars if they are the best but for a reality show that has 50 minutes of non-fight content per episode and 1o minutes of fighting, there has to be something that draws people in to watch it. Don't be offended. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it. I just agree that the whole intrigue would not be as strong for me.

14. CobraClutch hands th

December 22, 2010 at 3:54 am

Fuck it….if you're THAT much of a fan…..you can have the name. I don't care. I've been done with this stupid site for months now already.

Take the name…..happy new year and best of luck with it, and thanks for liking my posts so much, you're trying to keep the personality and character alive. hahaha.

Peace…out…

P.S.: Best poster here is Nichole…I'll miss talking MMA with you. Best of luck with everything in your life, Nichole. Take care.

And everyone else…peace and blessings

The REAL CobraClutch……signing off forever.

15. Jack

December 22, 2010 at 8:44 am

I know it would not do much for the whole England vs. Australia theme but I think the show would need two decent stars to carry ratings in the States. I like the idea of global fighters and coaches but I think for the masses the coaches have to be top 10 guys regardless of nationality. On a side note…….I would like it to be open to all of the UK and not just England.

16. jbug

December 22, 2010 at 10:13 am

i think its an interesting idea… i am always eager to see new fighters from other parts of the world…

17. Alexander Baring