Evan Tanner documentary video trailer for “Once I Was A Champion”

Updated: February 11, 2011
Evan Tanner documentary video trailer for “Once I Was A Champion”

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufCwtz-vjIg

Documentary video trailer for Evan Tanner “Once I Was A Champion”

“Everything’s been about the journey, I never really set out with goals for fighting … it’s been about the adventure along the way. When you’re on your death bed, it’s those stories, those little adventures that are going to be the things that you remember. It’s not so much getting there, but how you got there.”

The release date has not yet been officially announced.

1. Mac

February 11, 2011 at 5:46 am

Interesting.

2. OMEGA

February 11, 2011 at 8:21 am

Evan definitely seemed to be "different", not good or bad, just different. But in seeing this video and getting to know a few personal aspects of his life, he did some good things and touched a lot of people's lives. I would definitely watch the full documentary. Even hardcore fans, unless you actually train with the fighters or are somehow closely involved with events, don't know the behind the scenes stories of fighters. I don't recall the name but I saw a Mark Kerr documentary about his life during the Pride days and it was pretty cool to see some of the side-effects and possibly down-sides of being a professional MMA fighter. He was through a rough relationship and went through an addiction to pain killers. For anyone that has not seen it, I highly recommend it. I can't think of the name though. If anyone knows the name, please chime in.

3. kb

February 11, 2011 at 8:08 pm

The doco is Mark Kerr – Smashing Machine

4. PoppyNick

February 12, 2011 at 1:07 am

This documentary looks great, want to see the whole thing. Omega you are right about the Mark Kerr documentary – smashing machine, its a great watch and shows you the struggle many of these fighters face.

5. King Kong

February 12, 2011 at 2:25 am

I 2 agree with Flying Armbar and CobraClutch :)

6. PoppyNick

February 12, 2011 at 4:32 am

King Kong, you part of the FA & CC fan club?

7. kos = crap

February 12, 2011 at 5:00 am

evan tanner was the man…damn near busted a tear myself…go egypt

8. nico

February 12, 2011 at 6:00 am

Damn Evan, Thanks for all the great fights!

9. King Kong

February 12, 2011 at 8:10 am

There is no fan club, just that dork keeps commenting under diffferent names. Biggest loser on the internet. NOBODY gets laughed at here more than the real CC

10. King Kong

February 12, 2011 at 8:13 am

You can always tell its him because he's always agreeing with one of his alternate names

11. MMA maniac

February 13, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Did he mean to do die? or could he have prevented his death by having enough water in 118 temps. Weird I think he didnt care if he died or not