Fedor “My Loss Was Caused By My Personal Mistake In The Cage”

Updated: July 23, 2010
Fedor Emelianenko vs Fabricio Werdum

Fedor Quote:

“Sambo is great. Jiu-jitsu is nothing special. We went over several jiu-jitsu guys like that before. I lost because of what happened. My loss was caused by my personal mistake in the cage… I lost my head. Wanted to finish it all as soon as possible. As far as the rumors about my last fight being set up… I was asked about it many times already. I will never go against my conscience and never betray my country like that. Money doesn’t matter that much to me that I could lie to people. Since I lost to Werdum, it was meant to be. And I’m thankful to God it happened that way.” [Gazeta]

Fedor makes no excuses, explaining that his overzealous desire to finish the fight caused him to lose to Fabricio Werdum.

1. Granger

July 23, 2010 at 7:04 am

You lost the fight because Werdum was a better fighter than you that night.

2. P4P #1 Fan

July 23, 2010 at 8:48 am

He made a mistake and got got caught…no big deal. Other than not agreeing with his "jiu jitsu is nothing special" quote, he has already said this. Not sure why this is news, 4 weeks after the fight.

3. CobraClutch

July 23, 2010 at 8:52 am

Such disrespect to Werdum, I guess that's how Mother Russia rolls.

:-(

4. CobraClutch (the REA

July 23, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Fuck you, douchebag faker. I haven't posted for two months.

And FUCK CAGE for letting this type of shit go on.

FUCK THIS SITE.

5. cobra hater

July 23, 2010 at 2:04 pm

later loser

6. Granger

July 23, 2010 at 2:16 pm

P4P #1 Fan…..exactly….Fedor made a mistake and Werdum was a better fighter than him that night….right?

7. Businessman

July 23, 2010 at 2:28 pm

CobraClutch- don't let these idiots get to you. I don't blame you if you permanetly stop posting and keeping up on the news on this site but these idiots have been at it for a while now. Pretty much everyone's name has been taken. Everyone should chill out. First of all there is no "one" expert and we are all going to disagree. I have not posted much myself but I keep up with the news and read the postings. Keep your head up!

8. GorillaMasker

July 23, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Thanks for the pep talk FAG!!!!!

9. Mikey (the real one)

July 23, 2010 at 4:17 pm

I'm not disappointed that Fedor lost just hated Dana saying "yeah, she sucked all along I told you so." Dana was trying to sign Fedor for a long time. He might not be at the top of the food chain but to say that he doesn't belong in the UFC is just dumb.

I can't wait for Fedor vs. Overeem. That is going to be a great fight.

10. GorillaMasker

July 24, 2010 at 5:05 am

I apologize for the name calling. I was having a couple drinks and someone slipped me a roofy and I woke up today with my ass throbing. I really liked it though. I think I this made me realize that I am gay as well. So long…have some boys to call.

11. CobraClutch (the REA

July 24, 2010 at 5:21 am

Good thing I have such a great life and hang out and party with so many good looking girls after a hard day of training and being a badass in MMA myself. It's good to see that I don't take this Cage site too seriously showing people that I really do mean what I say about how cool I try to be… I mean, am!

12. CobraCrotch

July 24, 2010 at 5:22 am

Guess CC will claim he somehow won this "fight" as well.

13. CobraClutch aka The

July 24, 2010 at 5:44 am

Anybody in here love Lady Gaga, George Michaels or Elton John? Just me? Ok.

14. Miko

July 25, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Not me, I am still into the Village People. I am going to do everything possible to bring disco back!

15. Ryan S

July 25, 2010 at 9:12 pm

It amazes me that Cobra is still catching so much shit. Either way, Fedor is Ukrainian, not Russian. Also, isn't that how everyone loses a fight? They make a mistake and the opponent capitalizes on it.

16. Miko

July 26, 2010 at 2:32 am

Village people? Really? wow… just wow

17. Oswald Gobblecock

July 26, 2010 at 1:54 pm

What is wrong with the Village People? This Friday, CC and me are headed to the Disco Rainbow club in San Fran. We are taking a Man Road Trip. He is going as the biker guy and I am goin as the Construction guy. We have three spots left if anyone wants to come along. I have a feeling that it is going to be raining men next wekend…Chao Boys!

18. Oswald Gobblecock

July 26, 2010 at 7:13 pm

/ Another poser who is afraid he'll also get verbally destroy by a guy who uses the name Gobblecock.