Fedor vs. Josh Barnett and Vitor Belfort vs. Gegard Mousasi Likely At Affliction’s January Show

Updated: September 30, 2008
gegard-mousasi

DREAM middleweight champion Gegard Mousasi spills the beans to Fighters Only Magazine,

“I’m going to train with Fedor in preparation for Affliction in January….I think it is Fedor against Josh Barnett and they want me to fight Vitor Belfort.”

“[I have] some very good friends who each has a specialty — wrestling, judo, jiu jitsu and so on….If I need extra training I sometimes to go to other gyms in Holland.”

Mousasi is part the Fedor Emelianenko’s infamous Red Devils training camp.

1. roy

September 30, 2008 at 4:34 am

this would be awsome, i would rather see fedor fight josh first than aa, and mousasi has proven to be a top middle weight after his wins in dream i can't weight to see him fight again.

2. Kash

September 30, 2008 at 5:04 am

Thats cool. So I guess Barnett and Arlovski is off then.

3. TIM

September 30, 2008 at 5:08 am

This should be good…i have only seen Fedor fight a few times on tv that is and is this the show in January at the Honda Center? if so then i am definetly getting Tickets.

September 30, 2008 at 9:05 am

go fedor and i hope andrea fights soon for the belt

5. Ryan S

September 30, 2008 at 9:07 am

Tim you gotta youtubve some of Fedor's fights. He is artistic in the way he moves. That was kind of an awkward choice of words.

6. T.R.

September 30, 2008 at 12:16 pm

This will be a good card. Barnett is scared of no-one and Fedor is better than everyone so it will be exciting but Fedor will get the win. Then after AA wins in Elitexc he will get the next shot at Fedor.

7. steve

October 1, 2008 at 5:21 am

Man I cant wait for Mousasi and Belfort. They are both well rounded and I really cant choose a winner. Now on the Fedor vs Barnett fight. Barnett is a great fighter but he has been just flatout beat up by cro cop 3 times and I just dont think he is good enough standing or on the ground. He will probally get dropped and then get armbarred but I will be shocked if he beats Fedor.

8. Onri

October 1, 2008 at 9:08 am

Fedor and Barnett is a long time in the making. I think Fedor takes it hands down.