Fertittas File Suit Against Former Pride Owners

Updated: February 6, 2008
Sakakibara

Sakakibara

According to the Wrestling Observer, Pride FC Worldwide Holdings a company set up by the Fertittas to handle the sales of PRIDE, has filed suit against Dream Stage Entertainment, Dream Stage Holdings and their president Nobuyuki Sakakibara for defrauding them out of million of dollars over the purchase of PRIDE FC.

It is rumored that DSE did not have the copyright to a lot of footage of some of the major PRIDE events (Fuji TV produced may of the big shows in PRIDE).

Sherdog is also reporting that DSE president Nobyuki Sakakibara plans to sue the Fertittas over the firings of employees and closing up shop soon after the purchase.

1. JOE

February 5, 2008 at 10:56 pm

It's a dirty business.

2. roy

February 6, 2008 at 3:03 am

the ufc seems to be getting its self in trouble lately

3. Kash

February 6, 2008 at 4:37 am

Lawsuits all over lately. And DSE is doing the old "you sue us we sue you" move.

4. Jun Da Silva

February 7, 2008 at 12:35 am

The sale of Pride to the UFC just seemed to fishy to begin with, just bring back Pride, let me open my eyes and just let me beleive it was all just a bad dream. :(

5. Realwun

February 7, 2008 at 4:39 am

Pride is done but I think M1 is a revamp of Pride. They are bringing the spectacle events back, the ring, announcers. I'm just suprised fighters like Gomi and Hunt didn't sign with them.

6. kazja

February 7, 2008 at 5:20 am

Ever wonder how the ufc kept pride out of california? Well when the rules were going through again in 2006 even though they were approved in 2000. Kirk Hendrix attorney for the ufc was at the meeting and so was I. The commission of california was saying that if we approved the boxing ring for pride it would hold up the process. We all commented and said we will wait because no one wanted the ufc to take full control of the sport in the state where it was originated. Kirk Hendrix kept on saying the octagon was for the safety of the fighter. He was using the same reasons I used in Las Vegas to get the Octagon I originated approved. I was for the octagon but I did not want the UFC to have control of the sport I wrote the rules for and of the octagon I originated. I spoke up and said that " Why do you allow the boxing ring for the Russian mixed martial art of Draka and the Japanese Art of San Shou which uses throws and take downs the same as MMA. After my speech they approved the boxing ring. Well Kirk Hendrix got a special meeting two weeks later which I also attended and there were all new commissioners. The old ones either quit or were replaced. The new commissioners shot it down. I then started to contact all the government officials and the boxing ring was finally approved. Well once the boxing ring was approved the ufc bought pride. I originated the octagon if you check out http://www.kagekombat.com you will see all the proof. Why can't the ufc stop me from using the octagon or stop me from promoting the Octagon Contenders if I did not create the octagon. If you want proof of these allegations I can be reached at kazja13@yahoo.com

7. kazja

February 11, 2008 at 4:37 am

We need to bring back the original Pride. They are the only ones that can compete with the ufc.

8. kazja

February 12, 2008 at 2:59 am

Has anyone heard anything on this lawsuit.

9. kazja

February 13, 2008 at 10:04 am

Check out the wco cancelled event news on cage today. No wonder no one can compete with the ufc.

10. Ryan

March 3, 2008 at 3:26 pm

Kazja you have the knowledge what truly is going on.

11. Ryan

March 11, 2008 at 3:51 am

What ever happened to this lawsuit.