Fighting Fedor: Andrei Arlovski, Frank Shamrock and Gilbert Melendez Weigh-In

Updated: December 19, 2008

HDNets Inside MMA – A three fighter panel witch includes Andrei Arlovski, Gilbert Melendez and Frank Shamrock discuss the challenges of fighting Fedor Emelianenko.

1. derek

December 19, 2008 at 2:37 am

the problem with AA is that he has a weak chin. we all know AA will do fine on the ground and his standup has improved substantially. but fedor got some fast hands for a HW and can get inside your range quickly. i think fedor will KO AA eventually in round 2.

2. kom34

December 19, 2008 at 5:25 am

thats a good prediction i can see that happening too. fedor is coming off his first loss in sambo so that might be bad news for arlovski.

3. Dave

December 19, 2008 at 7:39 am

I like both fighters. After Tim Silvia beat AA it seems like AA has not been the same. It seems like he lost something. Maybe it just me. I believe Fedor is going to destroy AA. You all might not agree with my reasoning but it makes sense to me. AA got beat twice by Silvia and Silvia got anniliated by Fedor in like 32 seconds.

4. T.R.

December 19, 2008 at 9:28 am

i wuld love to see aa win but i see this going to the 3rd round after aa dances around for the 1st 2 and then i see fedor submitting aa in the 3rd.

5. Kash

December 19, 2008 at 9:58 am

I kind of got the feeling that nobody there really thinks Arlovski is going to beat Fedor.

6. Tim

December 19, 2008 at 1:05 pm

Im telling you never count a fighter out…do not be surprised if AA wins and definetly dont be surprised if Fedor wins. To me this fight goes either way…Fedor is not unbeatable he is no Rocky Marciano that dude was a bad ass…he beat legends in boxing and retired undeafeted as a pro 49-0 as a HWGHT. Still i think Fedor will win by tko cause the ref stops some Bull shit crap.

7. boink

December 19, 2008 at 2:25 pm

give AA a chance….though fedor will win this one by submission or k.o.

8. Steve

December 19, 2008 at 11:43 pm

Lets see Silvia lasted 32 seconds against Fedor. I will give AA 45 seconds.

9. Ryan S

December 20, 2008 at 7:01 am

I won't hold the Sylvia fight over AA because of how he lost both fights. If I remember correctly, the first fight is the one that AA won, and he won it in the same manner that Fedor did. The second fight, AA got caught, which can happen to any and everyone. The third fight, AA was just way too cautious. I think he has better odds than people give him, but I still think Fedor will win. Tim is absolutely right, don't completely count him out. Not many people thought Serra would beat GSP, or Couture would beat Sylvia, or Brown would beat Faber.

10. Dustin

January 23, 2009 at 10:37 am

fedor will win first round by submission or knock out with in the first 0 seconds andrei will fall just looking at him