Frank Mir Wants To Kill Brock Lesnar, Then Apologizes

Updated: February 24, 2010

UFC heavyweight contender Frank Mir has cased a stir with recent “Death Wish” comments on the Carmichael Dave’s KHTK radio show in Sacramento. Mir who is also a WEC color commentator, stated:

“I want to fight Lesnar … I hate who he is as a person … I want to break his neck in the ring … I want him to be the first person to die due to a Octagon related injury … that’s whats going through my mind.”

The UFC quickly released a statement apologizing for the remarks:

“I would like to apologize to Brock Lesnar, his family, the UFC and the UFC fans for my stupid remarks. I respect Brock, all the other fighters, and the sport of mixed martial arts. I’m sorry that I stepped out of line.” [Frank Mir]

“I was disappointed by Frank Mir’s comments. Frank’s been with the UFC a long time, he’s a two-time heavyweight champion and a commentator for the WEC. I think his emotions are running high right now, he has a big fight coming up next month and he’s still upset about his loss to Lesnar. He’s been talked to, he regrets what he said, and he won’t be saying anything like that again.” [Dana White]

Frank Mir takes on Shane Carwin for the UFC heavyweight interim title at UFC 111 “St. Pierre vs Hardy”.

Listen to the clip of Mir’s appearance on the Carmichael Dave radio show.

1. Frank

February 24, 2010 at 3:06 am

Mir is a douche. Mir talked A TON of shit before the 2nd fight, and ended up getting his big mouth swelled shut…and I hope it happens again. If you summed up all the time Frank spends running off at mouth you'd probably find that his dumbass could get an extra 6 weeks of training in before his fights. F*ck you, Mir!

2. CobraClutch

February 24, 2010 at 6:50 am

Mir acknowledges that athletes are role models, and doesn't like the way "Lesnar is"….then goes and says he wants to kill him in competitive sport. Wow, what a role model, and shining example for all the kids you're trying to be a role model to…you bag of douche.

I used to be a Mir fan, but now, I'm not a fan of either of them. Carwin all the way, now!!!

3. Dane

February 24, 2010 at 11:38 am

mir can put on all the muscle he wants. a labrador can gain 20 pounds and it still wont beat a pitbull. Brock will beat the shit out of him again. But mir should be worried about carwin cuz i dont think he can take carwin down and if carwin catches him with a punch i can assure u his chin wont hold up. carwin hits a hell fo a lot harder than vera.

4. Dane

February 24, 2010 at 11:39 am

i just hope mir doesnt get obsessed with carwin after carwin wins and starts stalking carwin too,.

5. jay

February 24, 2010 at 12:21 pm

What can mir do different this time to beat brock? I thought he had the best guard in UFC and that proved to be no problem for brock. I just dont think Mir has it to beat brock

6. jay

February 24, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Carwin does not have a great chin either though as we saw in the gabe gonzaga fight when gabe rocked him bad but he had good composure and recovered quickly

7. Dane

February 24, 2010 at 6:59 pm

lol having a good chin is recovering from a shot jay… whatre u talking about? carwin took gabe gonzagas best punch right in his nose which plit his nose in two and scrambled up from being on his back and knocked out GG in 10 seconds. If thats not having a good chin what is? mir coul;dnt have taken that shot and popped back up i garauntee u that.

8. Dane

February 24, 2010 at 7:00 pm

who exactly has KO'd or TKO'd carwin? NOBODY. who has KO'd or TKO'd brock? NOBODY. thats why id rather see them fight than pussy ass shit talking mir.

9. Ryan S

February 24, 2010 at 10:11 pm

I'm kind of curious what the evidence is that Carwin doesn't have a good chin? Anyone can be rocked, but like Dane said, he has never been knocked out.

10. Ryan S

February 24, 2010 at 10:11 pm

I just realized that my first sentence wasn't actually a question. Oh well.

11. Trevor

February 24, 2010 at 11:05 pm

Trask talking aside, I don't think one should refer to Mir as a pussy. In his last bout with Lesnar he got rocked, utterly dominated by a huge opponent that clubbed his head with hammer shots for almost half a round. Battered and bruised he was on his feet at the end of the bout, he did not tap out and his corner did not throw the towel in, he took some serious punishment and held his head up after a humilitaing loss. Mir is tough.

12. STEVEO

February 25, 2010 at 12:16 am

so I don't understand why Dana can say whatever he wants and shoot off at the mouth about anything he wants but when one of his fighters says anything they have to apologize. Its a double standard, just make sure if your enforcing the rules yo abide by them as well. Mir (whom i hate) went after one guy White disparraged an entire community I believe the technical term he used was faggot.

13. CobraClutch

February 28, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Dana never says he wishes death on people. Talking shit is one thing, but talking about hoping people die in your sport is just stupid. It's not hypocritical…it's being a decent human being and representing your sport. If someone in my company talked about wishing someone else in the company died, I make them apologize about it…regardless of whatever I say.