Gina Carano vs. Cris Cyborg, Possible For February EliteXC Showdown

Updated: October 16, 2008

Cris Cyborg told a brazilian news magazine that a possible fight with Gina Carano is in the works for February EliteXC show.

“I think it’ll be in February, and it’ll be cool. Everybody wanna see this fight, we both fight on the last event and won, and it’ll be great … I’ll keep my Muay Thai like I did in my last fights. I’ll stand with her, and I think she likes it too, so why not? It’ll be a huge fight and someone is going down … they didn’t say if it’s going to be for the belt, but I think it’ll be”.

“She’s the MMA face out there (laughs), and I don’t wanna steal her place… She can be MMA face, I’ll build my place everyday … I’ll upset a little her model career (laughs)… It’ll be a war and she knows it, someone is going down for sure”

The highly anticipated match up between these top two female fighters has been rumored since Cybor tore through Shayna Baszler at EliteXC “Unfinished Business” in here EliteXC debut.

1. pops

October 16, 2008 at 12:23 am

Beat her if you must just don't hit her in the face.LOL

I've never seen the Cyborg fight, but I've seen Gina so I'll be going for her.

2. Ike

October 16, 2008 at 1:10 am

CYBORG IS AN ANIMAL BUT I KNOW GINA CAN PULL IT OFF IF SHE FIGHTS LIKE SHE HAS BEEN FIGHTING

October 16, 2008 at 3:08 am

gina needs to wtch out

4. Eric

October 16, 2008 at 9:18 am

Cyborg is a powerhouse, but Gina has good power and much more technique. Gina to win by submission or thai knee KO.

5. dane drebin

October 16, 2008 at 9:59 am

they shouldnt let guys fight girls its just not fair

6. zalbag

October 16, 2008 at 10:35 am

i dont think she will beat cyborg.cyborg is a much better striker and wrestler than kelly kobald and gina couldnt finish her.

7. jbraytown

October 16, 2008 at 10:47 am

CYBORG IS THE SHIT, REMINDS ME OF TITO BACK IN THE DAY ,BUT I DO AGREE THAT GINA IS A SMARTER FIGHTER AND IF SHE DOESNT GET CAUGHT AND USES HER SKILLS SHE WILL BEAT THE CYBORG

8. derek

October 16, 2008 at 11:43 pm

cyborg is a really aggressive fighter, but gina is more tactial. gina may very well lose this fight.

9. Nichole Lesniak

October 17, 2008 at 12:55 am

I just don't get the Gina hype. She has yet to really prove herself in a fight. She hasn't fought truly high caliber fighters. I think Cyborg will be her first real test and I think she will fail.

10. zalbag

October 17, 2008 at 1:12 am

Gina has trouble keeping her head in the fight for the whole time and often times she just goes for the big kick to end it. Does anyone know if they are fighting at 148 or 140 ?

11. Jordan Katz

October 17, 2008 at 2:45 am

Gina Carano is one of the better female mixed martial artist in the world. She also happens to be exceptionally good looking and provides action-packed fights. The combination of sex appeal, talent and thrilling fights makes for an easily marketable fighter.

She hasn't fought high caliber fighters because there truly isn't a plethora of options. Although she is one of the best in the world, she does not have knock out power and Cyborg poses all sorts of problems for her. But as far as hype is concerned, Elite XC has done a tremendous job of exposing her to the mainstream.

12. Preetay Ricky

October 18, 2008 at 6:45 pm

cyborg is sexier than gina. i would pay to sniff her bootay

13. boink

October 19, 2008 at 1:23 pm

Cyborg fights like The axe murderer. I hope she wins this one.

14. dane drebin

October 19, 2008 at 2:40 pm

imo it would be an upset if gina beat cyborg

15. quintg

November 16, 2008 at 1:45 am

cris cyborg is an animal, look at her on youtube lol its gonna be a tuff fight for gina. its gonna be her test in te mma world