IFL 2007 Grand Prix Results LIVE

Updated: November 3, 2007

IFL 2007 Grand Prix resutls
Chris Horodecki via Sherdog

International Fight League Grand Prix Semifinals results.

Live from the Sears Centre, Chicago, Ill.
Selected fights LIVE on MyNetwork TV starting a 9 pm EST

Heavyweights

1. Antoine Jaoude defeats Shane Ott by Submission (Triangle Choke) at 3:29 of R1
  2. Roy Nelson defeats Bryan Vetell by TKO (Strikes) at 1:01 of R3

Light Heavyweights

1. Vladimir Matyushenko defeats Alex Schoenauer by Unanimous Decision. Matyushenko is the IFL Light Heavyweight Champion

Middleweights

1. Benji Radach defeats Brent Beauparlant by TKO (Punch) at 2:26 of R1.
  2. Matt Horwich defeats Brian Foster by Submission (Armbar) at 3:59 of R1

Welterweights

1. Delson Heleno defeats Gideon Ray by Submission (Armbar) at 1:57 of R1
  2. Jay Hieron defeats Donnie Liles by Unanimous Decision

Lightweights

1. Chris Horodecki defeats Bart Palaszewski by Split Decision.
  2. Wagnney Fabiano defeats John Gunderson by Submission (Guillotine) at 1:53 of R2

1. ron shaw

November 3, 2007 at 1:47 pm

If it wasn't for Horodecki and Jay Heiron, I wouldn't even watch the IFL. I'm glad they won.

2. Leet

November 3, 2007 at 2:02 pm

wow what a show….uh, still boring…..

3. Realwun

November 4, 2007 at 1:12 am

Its not my favorite show either but it was pretty fun to watch. I can't wait to see what Horodecki does after the IFL.

4. steve

November 4, 2007 at 7:00 am

we he will probally go to Elitexc or WEC. And if he does good in that the UFC will bring him in to fight good fighters. The IFL is very ridiculous. They only have a handfull of b level fighters. Rothwell will probally not resign with them and Horodecki has to be thinking about moving on. Vladdy will probaly get out of there sooner or later 2.

5. keivon

November 4, 2007 at 8:10 am

I watched for a while when they started putting the shows on network tv. I couldn't figure out if I was watching the past or present, they make it into such a bad show. I love MMA but I cant watch the IFL its too boring.

6. Corey

November 4, 2007 at 2:38 pm

I know the team thing isn't that great but the IFL has some damn good fighters. Horodecki, Heiron, Fabiano, and Horowich are awesome. These guys will be something to watch for in coming years.