Interview: Tito Ortiz Talks About His Fighting Future

Updated: November 21, 2008

TG “Roy” for the find

1. richaaron

November 21, 2008 at 10:11 am

This clown has an excuse for everything. My back hurts…Boo hoo. Suck it up……

2. Kash

November 21, 2008 at 12:23 pm

Whats funnier is how he says that since Nate Quarry took 15 mo. to heal it shouldnt take him more than 8 months. I guess he thinks he has super powers too.

3. just another mma dud

November 21, 2008 at 1:55 pm

How many times can he say the word, "factor"? And, honestly, does he have any fans anymore?

4. Kash

November 21, 2008 at 2:05 pm

Hey cage "just another mma dude" brings up a good question for the sidebar. Does Tito have any fans anymore? My prediction is a landslide NO.

5. derek

November 21, 2008 at 2:33 pm

tito is a has been. watch him eventually resign with the ufc, even though dana doesn't want him. elitexc is already dissolved. even if affliction signs him, it won't be guaranteed, in case affliction goes under within the next year.

6. richaaron

November 21, 2008 at 3:36 pm

His next move will be talking about how all of his fans want to see him fight Brock… What we won't see is how much he will kiss Dana's ass for a 1 fight contract. Assclown…

7. Onri

November 21, 2008 at 4:11 pm

I'm a fan of his for knocking up Jenna Jamison not for anything MMA.

8. zalbag

November 21, 2008 at 9:01 pm

Listen guys there is no better mixed martial artist that tito ortiz at dying his hair blonde. Lets be serious Tito at LightHeavy weight again ? james irvin would probaly tool him. remember his last fight with machida. lyoto was way too elusive…

9. zalbag

November 21, 2008 at 9:06 pm

If we get the old Tito he will beat a guy with a losing record by split decision. then he will call out Anderson Silva, GSP, Fedor, Rampage< mIguel Torres, Mike brown, Flourian, Penn, Ken Shamrock, bas Rutten, Lennox Lewis, Dan Severn, Rick Shaw, Kimbo Slice, Brock Lesnar, Big John McCarthy and Deion Sanders. in the octagon and will challenge all of them too fights. maybe at the same time because he actually might have down syndrome.

10. steve

November 21, 2008 at 10:18 pm

Yeah Tito has defintly gone soft but he still just a few fights ago beat Forrest Griffin and he also beat Rashad. Yeah I say he beat Rashad b/c he did. The point deduction was stupid and if u guys go back and watch he would have finished rashad if the second round was 10 seconds longer but yet Rahad talked about if there was more time at the end of the fight lol. Point being that tito still has some fights that can be interesting and I wouldnt mind seeing him fight in the ufc again. I would rather see him on a telvvised part then somebody that has no real impact on the division fighting.

11. Jake

November 21, 2008 at 10:42 pm

He doesn't need to fight. Just keep making excuses and ride the Jenna bandwagon until he's HIV+.

Don't you reach a certain age when you stop dying your hair like you were a high schooler?

12. Ryan S

November 21, 2008 at 11:44 pm

I hate his voice. He needs to be throat jabbed until it actually sounds like the voice of a man and not a 15 year old boy

13. Jon Dean

November 22, 2008 at 3:17 am

Three Words ::: Ass Clown

I don't dodge fights… I will fight anyone who makes sense to me.

??????????????????????????????

14. STEVEO

November 22, 2008 at 4:48 am

I have to agree with you guys its time for Tito to just hang it up instead of trying to stick his head back in every few weeks just so people dont forget about him all together. Walk away.

15. CagE

November 22, 2008 at 6:09 am

poll up guys, vote!

16. Kash

November 23, 2008 at 4:41 am

I guess I was wrong. There are some closet Tito fans after all.

17. just another mma dud

November 23, 2008 at 7:46 am

I'll vote, Kash. I am no fan of Tito. I could fight at 155 if he could just loose weight in that fat chin of his. At 33 he is a relic of MMA and should join the ranks of Shamrock and Hughs.

November 23, 2008 at 9:08 am

Randy vs Chuck UFC 95???

Tito vs Randy??

19. just another mma dud

November 23, 2008 at 9:10 am

I in fact did mean "He" could fight at 155…

20. iapodaca

November 23, 2008 at 9:32 am

fff

21. dane drebin

November 23, 2008 at 4:31 pm

im not a big tito fan but i don enjoy watching him fight and like steve said he beat the champ not too long ago and went to a draw with the number one contender. chuck is a bad matchup for him, and lyoto is a bad matchup for anyone. tito still has some good fights left in him i hope. who knows what he will be like after this surgery maybe worse maybe it will be what he needed to get his ass back on track. you can hate tito for his personality but deny he's a former champ and has beaten the current champ.

22. dane drebin

November 23, 2008 at 4:32 pm

it just seems like people are selling tito a little short

23. zalbag

November 23, 2008 at 9:00 pm

They definitely are selling him short I agree< However that will happen when every time you do win a big match you stay in the ring just to call out every fighter at your weight, and not in an honorable sort of way in a little punk sort of way(see after his fight with Vitor Belfort for No 1 Contendor.). I really don't see a terrible problem with that its just the way he says it and the way he does it rubs me and alot of others the wrong way. But I will say honestly if Im watching UFC unleashed and I have to choose between watching Tito Ortiz or Mike Swick, Ill take Tito he is still more exciting to watch than about 75 percent of other fighters. You just can't help but hate on him a little though because that makes the sport more entertaining for us.

24. zalbag

November 23, 2008 at 9:08 pm

There arent that many D bags and just plain dudes you can hate and make anti-heroes out of but for me I def have a few I love to watch just hoping they will lose:

1.Jake Shields (Couldnt tell u exactly just think hes terribly overrated.)

2.Chuck LIddell(he does'nt game plan cause he still feels hes too good to do it.)

3.Jorge Gurgel(He thinks hes Anderson Silva but he would win more if he fought like Demien Maia.)

4.Tito Ortiz (It just seems like he deserves to be beat)

5. Tim Sylvia (Look at the guy seriously just look at him)

6. Kalib Starnes (real heads no why)

25. Businessman

November 27, 2008 at 8:30 am

Tito has some skills but he is just annoying. He needs to realize that it is not about him and stop his whinning, excuses, and crying. For someone that talks so much shit about how little the UFC paid him, he is on the cover of the most recent Grappler magazine showing off his Rolls. He sold out after he made a name for himself. he went on the reality show, hooked up with Jenna…if he takes fighting serious, he could do some damage in the 205 division but I think he lacks the heart, the will, and is not willing to put in the hard work. He doesn't want it anymore. And that is OK…being a professional, top-notch MMA fighter is hard work. Training in MMA and BJJ for the fun of it is hard enough, so I get that. But then just go away. Go to Hollywood and try your ass of at acting but leave the MMA scene alone!

26. just another mma dud

November 27, 2008 at 9:55 am

Too true!

27. preonymmero

January 1, 2009 at 12:32 pm

hello it is test. WinRAR provides the full RAR and ZIP file support, can decompress CAB, GZIP, ACE and other archive formats.

kzepwiwseixprfpjnkwmqfjprnuagtbqzlvhello