It Ain’t Over for Sherk Yet

Updated: July 23, 2007
sean sherk steroids

sean sherk steroids

The guy says he didn’t cheat in UFC 73, that he’s never cheated in his life. Do you believe him? Well right now Sean Sherk isn’t going to give up his title just yet, he has a lawyer (LA lawyer Howard Jacobs) and is going to fight the test. This is his statement:

“At the present time, I cannot explain the positive drug test in Sacramento, California. I know that I have never used any steroids or other banned substances, and I am investigating possible causes of the positive test with my attorney. I have never cheated, and all of my success has come from hard work and dedication to my sport.”

I have to tell you that I don’t see why he would have cheated for that fight. I could see him taking a little somethin’ if he was fighting BJ Penn, but not for that fight. His hearing will be at 10 am on August 6th, so we will have to wait till then to see if he gets off the hook for this one.

1. ron shaw

July 23, 2007 at 7:49 am

He's a roider and a cheat.

2. Realwun

July 23, 2007 at 8:35 am

I just want to see Sherk vs. Penn so I hope they let him off. Its not like he's Royce Gracie who had a 60 or 70 score, the guy only had a 12.

3. Adrian Tapia

July 23, 2007 at 10:47 am

I bet he was cycling roids and just didn't stop in time to let it pass.

4. Crynot

July 23, 2007 at 12:26 pm

I hope he didn't cheat and they can solve the matter. It only hurts the sport if he did juice.

5. jcdemtl

July 23, 2007 at 12:55 pm

he smothered franca. i would have expected a "clean" heavyweight to do the same.

6. Morey

July 23, 2007 at 2:42 pm

I hope that it isn't true because the guy was a good example of the professionality of the sport. A lot of people think its all bald guys with tats throwing haymakers and making each other bleed. But when you see Sherks all access you see this guy with a family, eating well, and training like crazy.

I saw BJ Penns latest interview and he thinks Sherk is on roids and he also says that he think some of the guys he faced in the past were on roids too. Some that he faced recently in the UFC.

7. Leet

July 23, 2007 at 4:12 pm

Bet BJ thought Matt Hughes took steroids…everyone says he is a freak as far as strength.

8. Morey

July 23, 2007 at 9:08 pm

You can link to the BJ interview from the UFC website. He says "isn't if obvious Sherk takes steroids"

9. Ultimate47

July 24, 2007 at 8:29 am

If Sherk says he didnt, then he didnt. Hermes admitted and was very humble about it. Royce, didnt even argue. Yet i do not see anyone bad mouth him! But i put my middle finger in the air to him. Until proven 100%, then hes still an amazing athlete in my eyes, and a true workoholic.

10. Jude

July 25, 2007 at 4:28 am

If the test are not 100% accurate then they need to dissmiss all of them. NOT just a select few. I don't give a shit if it's a little or a lot, if they test pos. then fine & suspend. At this damn rate with all the fighters that are being busted lately they'll have trouble filling a good card. It's been going on for a long time & I'm glad that they are TRYING to make it a fare fight for all. I'm still pissed off that DIAZ was busted,(although I've never heard of anyone dieing from weed) but these guys know the rules.

11. Realwun

July 26, 2007 at 1:28 pm

Yeah, Diaz got so screwed in his suspension and fine, even got his win taken…for week, you gotta be kidding me. It should be a fair sport, if you cant hack it, then take roids all you want…just dont fight MMA, go to the WWE instead.