Jake Shields “[Cung Le] Wont Fight Me He Vacated The Belt And Fights A Month Later”

Updated: November 9, 2009

Strikeforce “Fedor vs. Rogers” post fight press conference.

1. Hall

November 9, 2009 at 1:31 am

alistair overeem needs to bring his ass to the USA so fedor can go ahead and win the belt! You know,I agree with all the fedor haters there is know body at strikeforce for him. And there is know body at ufc for him either! ha ha.Well I take that back I would love to see him fight Nog thats usually a good fight every time they get in the ring together.

November 9, 2009 at 1:53 am

i love how rogers coach had his back..

chung is scaryed of jake

3. Miko

November 9, 2009 at 2:52 am

The more Jake talks. The less I like him

4. Oswald Gobblecock

November 9, 2009 at 3:05 am

There's plenty of people for him in the UFC… Strikeforce on the other hand. Plus winning the SF belt doesn't really add up to much. The top HW should be in the top company with every other MMA champ in each weigh class.

5. WAR SHOGUN

November 9, 2009 at 3:11 am

Fedor acts like a dick. How can he sit there and say he was never in danger? With his swollen face, broken nose, fucked up forehead, arm cast and say that? What does he think he is ? Jesus Christ? He has to be the most egotistical man I've ever seen. He WAS in danger in that entire first round and the sad thing is he shouldn't been in danger since Rogers was never a threat to him, yeah right!

6. Random Name

November 9, 2009 at 3:58 am

Why you always hating shogun? Roid rage much?

7. John says

November 9, 2009 at 4:15 am

war shogun have you ever seen all of Fedors fights some he wins fast some yea he gets caught a time or two but he is still here and he is ,in my opion ,the best!you Fedor haters just cant stand it can you!If fedor was to fight brock ,Fedor would win, probablly with some cuts to the head or maybe a broken hand just like his fight wid rogers. Point of it is these guys he fights that are bigger than him can not win.They are to big and clumsy they leave there selves open.Maybe one day a big man might get lucky in a early fury and land a knock out punch on Fedor but it has not happened yet. If Fedor someday looses it will be to someone more his size his fights go longer with fighters his size.I would love to still see him fight Randy in the future i think it would be a enteresting fight. Mabe NOG, he gave Fedor alot of trouble thats about the only two guys UFC has to put up aginst Fedor!

8. Luke

November 9, 2009 at 4:17 am

I wouldn't say Fedor is a dick. He has this stone faced image that he needs to keep up. Of course he wouldn't admit to being in trouble, he was never supposed to be troubled by a 'no name'. I wouldn't go as far to say Fedor was exposed by Rogers, but it was just further proof that anybody can be dangerous in this sport.

9. Hall SAYS

November 9, 2009 at 4:24 am

LORD forgive war shogun of his hatetred toward the best heavy weight fighter to ever walk the face of the earth.He dosent know any beter!war shogun has wool over his eyes.So i will pray that the lord will remove the wool from his eyes so that he will see that Fedor is one of the best ..FEDOR SAYS YOU ARE FORGIVIN WAR SHOGUN.ha ha just jokeing ! BUT REALLY!

10. John says

November 9, 2009 at 4:29 am

AMEN #9

11. WAR SHOGUN

November 9, 2009 at 4:32 am

jajajaj I did it on purpose I just wanted to see the reaction of FEDOR NUTHUGGERS, wich is really funny to see you all jumping from fedor's balls and start preaching and attacking. You all have the exact same reaction, its like your reading from a book. Which confirms my suspicion that you are all part of a wacky cult, and work-ship Fedor so much you guys cant separate fact (Fedor is not THAT great NOW) from fiction (He can beat every heavyweight and God and Satan with no arms). You guys are too funny.

12. Hall says

November 9, 2009 at 4:46 am

war shogun im just kidding with you.I live in america i started watching PRIDE really before i got into UFC so i have always been a PRIDE fan.Its not just about Fedor hell i would like to maybe see NOG defeat Fedor na i take that back but it would be a good match.I could go either way on that one.You got to admitt thoe Fedor seems to handle guys bigger than him in the first round .Your right he dose need to come to the UFC as much as i hate dana.Just so we, including myself,can see what would happen.

13. WAR SHOGUN

November 9, 2009 at 5:02 am

Actually Hall when I was writing my post I didn't even saw yours… which is freaky. Well I think that we can agree that Jake is a bitch right? or that makes me a "roider" Random Name?

14. Just another MMA dud

November 9, 2009 at 5:06 am

I don't think Fedor came off as arrogent and I don't think he was in trouble during the fight. Was he taking some abuse? Yes. Was it anything he hasn't taken before? My guess is no. Was that the closest fight he has ever been in? I don't know. Clearly there are some big fans of Fedor here so you guys would know better than I do. I do think that he showed he can be beaten but anyone who knows MMA knows that anyone can be beaten at some point. To me, his fight looked like a typical Fedor fight, albeit a bit longer a duration. He takes some hits and then throws a seemingly wild punch that hits it's mark and knocks a guy out. I will say that Rogers looked nervous and the next fight will be a different fight; I would imagine the same outcome but a different fight.

15. Random Name

November 9, 2009 at 5:33 am

Watch out, Shogun, your IP might get banned for all the shit-talking. Behave yourself now. Be good. Follow orders.

16. CobraClutch

November 9, 2009 at 5:34 am

Fedor is a great fighter. Appreciating his skills doesn't make you a nuthugger, Shogun.

17. CobraClutch

November 9, 2009 at 6:06 am

Yeah, Cung Le is afraid of Jake. Whatever. Jake didn't do anything in that fight with Mayhem to "scare" anybody. Maybe Le doesn't want to "cuddle" for 5 rounds.

Brett…slow your roll, dude. Pump those brakes on calling out the champion when you just lost to the top contender. hahaha. Brett was curled up in the fetal position not trying to do anything, so don't whine about the stoppage. He got KTFO and just deal with it. Great performance, but know your place, brah.

I don't know how you guys are saying Fedor did anything bad. He just answered questions and that's it. Sometimes, when a person doesn't know a lot of words in your language, they're more quiet, so it's natural to think of them as arrogant or whatever. Imagine being in Russia. You wouldn't be talking up a storm in Russian at press conferences, right?

18. Hall says

November 9, 2009 at 6:24 am

well spoken cobraclutch

19. WAR SHOGUN

November 9, 2009 at 6:51 am

Random Name I dont have a static IP so thats not gonna work and am not talking any shit about ANYONE here. Am just talking shit about Fedor to laugh out of the nuthugger's reactions.

CobraClutch you are right "Appreciating his skills doesn’t make you a nuthugger" But some people here just crossed the line between appreciation and work-shipping. And that is what makes you a nuthugger.

Cahnging the subject, Does anyone has an opinion about the EA MMA game? lol

20. CobraClutch

November 9, 2009 at 8:07 am

i has no opinion on the game.

but…i can has cheeseburger.

21. WAR SHOGUN

November 9, 2009 at 8:09 am

wtf? are you ok man?

22. Rez

November 9, 2009 at 8:54 am

If Jake seriously thinks that after a showing like that he's gonna call out Le on not wanting to fight him he may have another thing coming. Miller made Jake stand up and think about what all wrestling can do….provide for a BORING ass fight other than Mayhem getting out of almost everything he threw at him and getting saved by the bell from being Gomer choked. Miller is generally an outstanding fighter but Kung is a superior striker and Jake IMO doesn't want any of that. Bring on that fight because Mr. lippy Jake Sheilds will get all he wants.

23. CobraClutch

November 9, 2009 at 9:42 am

I concur Rez. No more cuddling.

24. WAR SHOGUN

November 9, 2009 at 10:10 am

As much as I want Cung to kick Jake in the face and KTFO. I don't think Cung is ready. The first kick Cung throws Jakes gonna shoot and the cuddling will begin. Unless Cung has an awesome take-down defense which I think he doesn't hes gonna loose against that bitch.

25. Dane

November 9, 2009 at 10:54 am

i agree i dont think cung le is half as good as people make him out to be.

26. WAR SHOGUN

November 9, 2009 at 10:57 am

I didn't said that. In fact nobody did. I just said Shields gonna win cuz he is a cuddler and I don't think Cung has any defense for that but if it wasn't for Jake's wrestling Cung would KILL him.

27. Miko

November 9, 2009 at 11:21 am

note to self:

WAR SHOGUN is a troll and should be ignored

28. BJJ Brown Belt

November 9, 2009 at 11:36 am

Jake was not very impressive against Miller but he pretty much dominated him on the ground, which is saying a lot against Miller because he is great on the ground. He is not know as a mat whiz, maybe because of his antics, but he has been competing in BJJ and submission tournaments forever. There were two main reasons why Jake could not submit him 1. Miller's skill on the ground, 2. Miller is bigger/stronger. I guarantee that Jake would submit Cung in the first round. There is no way that Cung would be able to defend the Jake's takedowns or get out of bad positions like Miller did. Having said that, I was extremely disappointed by Jake's lack of ground and pound. Grant it that his bread and butter is the ground game, and he is not interested in standing with anyone, he could at least improve his ground and pound. That way, if you are not able to get a submission, you can pound the shit out of him. I don't agree with you guys that he is a cuddler. He has and displayed an incredible ground game. He dominated a very good skilled ground opponent, he just could not finish him.

29. Dane

November 9, 2009 at 1:37 pm

and if it wasnt for cungs striking jake would knock him out lol good point… only problem is jake does have his wrestling and cung has beaten nobody of consequence unless you include frank "was a good fighter years ago" shamrock

30. Jay

November 9, 2009 at 4:34 pm

War shogun Rogers is the one acting like a dick and not fedor ok. Rogers is making excuses that he wasnt 100% and alll that bullshit. I bet you fedor fought rogers again the result would be the same and then what is rogers gonna say he had a fight with his girlfriend. Rogers is not giving fedor any respect at all.

31. Dane

November 9, 2009 at 5:22 pm

i agree jay ive never seen fedor act like a dick before he hardly even talks. he wasnt even in trouble ya he took some bombs to the face he's the number one heavyweight in the world this is mma everyone gets hit in the face its not like he wasnt defending at anytime he swept him and won the fight get over it.

32. CobraClutch

November 9, 2009 at 6:17 pm

It's true like I said above. One step at a time.

33. BigJon

November 9, 2009 at 6:54 pm

Damn fedor caught one on the nose but soldiered through and put rogers away. just another highlight on the emperor of mma's highlight real.

and war shogun when you said

"Am just talking shit about Fedor to laugh out of the nuthugger’s reactions"

you should get a new hobby thats pretty lame

34. CobraClutch

November 11, 2009 at 6:12 am

Fedor is a cutter and bleeder. Happens. He was never hurt, obviously.