Joe Rogan Breaksdown Lyoto Machida vs Rashad Evans at UFC 98 Video

Updated: April 7, 2009
Joe Rogan Breaksdown Lyoto Machida vs Rashad Evans at UFC 98 Video

Comedian and UFC announcer Joe Rogan talks about Lyoto Machida and Rashad Evans at UFC 98.

More UFC 98 fight breakdowns after the jump.

Chuck Liddell vs Shogun Rua

MMA will be bigger than Basketball, Football, Soccer

UFC and MMA

April 7, 2009 at 2:30 am

hahha good stuff

2. nikkidee

April 7, 2009 at 6:52 am

I love to hear Joe Rogan talk MMA. He has a colorful way of speaking and delivering that is always spot on and entertaining. He's a very intelligent guy, and a true Renaissance Man–he's good at so many things. I love the combination of he and Goldy. Goldy's the straight man, full of facts and stats, while Joe is the expert on technique–I love the way he mixes humor with important information.

It's interesting what he mentioned about suffering one too many knock outs–how it can effect future performances. My first thought went to Chuck and how swiftly Rashad put him to sleep. I also liked what he said about fighting intelligently. Sure, brawlers like Leben and Wanderlei are entertaining and action-packed, but at the end of the day, fighters like Lyoto will gain more success and respect. Admittedly, I never much looked forward to watching Lyoto fights until the Silva knock out. If he can continue to devestate his opponents like that…wow.

3. Rancho

April 7, 2009 at 5:54 pm

i agree with joe up to the fact that mma will not be as big as football, american football and basketball. it would never happen!! for a start, ufc is on once a month here in england and it is shown at 3am!! not really family viewing is it??

4. steve

April 7, 2009 at 9:17 pm

nikkidee I dont think anyone has earned more respect than Wanderlei Silva at one time in mma he was consider the very best and most feared. You cant get more respect than that. But just like chuck his strengths are being countered and it is now time for him to switch up his style a bit. I think he could still rape like he did in pride because the pride rules made the fight more of an actual fight. The ufc b/c its an american based organization has different rules to protect the fighter. This is good for sfaety but bad for us fans that liked seeing the true fight and badass ko's that we got in pride. Wandy and Shogun are guys u want in a street fight hands down. UIn the cage the rules really just hold them back from there vicious killer instinct to just demolish.

5. Kenny

May 3, 2009 at 5:08 pm

Joe is fight on. Each time you get thumped it makes you realize that you can get your butt kicked. It makes it that much easier for it to happen again later.

As for the rules in the UFC that have been implemented, yes it neutralizes the animalism of MMA, but we have to cater to the goody goodies that want to prohibit our sport completely. If we have to resort to some safety regulations to keep our sport viewable in the US, then so it be.

I disagree that the UFC, MMA in general will surpass the popularity of NFL, NBA, but in my opinion nothing equals mano a mano. I have lost my interest in boxing. It is manipulated and rigged by the various fight organizations. I could never get interested in professional wrestling, but often thought how cool it would be to see those awsome athletes really compete and see who could beat whose ass. Well, we now have it.

I just hope we are able to keep the crooks out of MMA and keep it real. There is no limit to what mixed martial arts can accomplish. And Rogan ROCKS!

6. big d

May 24, 2009 at 11:16 am

You go joe ===== people don't realize that Joe is also a champion martial artist in his own right — winning many amateur championships!!!!!!

7. ron shaw

May 24, 2009 at 12:58 pm

i didn't know joe rogan fights mma. i thought he was just a jujitsu guy.