Kenny Florian Talks Loss To BJ Penn At UFC 101

Kenny Florian Talks Loss To BJ Penn At UFC 101

1. Jay

August 12, 2009 at 2:57 am

Excuses all the time. why cant Kenny just say BJ beat me fair and square. Or like GSP said fairly sqaurely!

2. Mac

August 12, 2009 at 3:03 am

Florian is a decent model for the current UFC Pro, but I think he's off when he says he must face top names. He wanted a shot at the title, he was given it, and he lost soundly. Now in order to get back to the top he will have to re-climb the mountain, perhaps not from the bottom, but certainly from a challengers position. More and more we hear of fighters that are "picky" regarding their opponents. Its absurd; whomever one is pitted against they must fight, even the Title Holder.

3. Rusty Kuntz

August 12, 2009 at 3:16 am

How Kenny can think he was winning or up a round or two is insane. All he did was continue to execute a bad game plan by holding BJ against the fence while hoping to score a takedown of some kind. Which never came. Meanwhile BJ got the best of him during all their exchanges and when BJ finally went for a takedown, he got it and the rest was history. Kenny would have had a better chance had he fought BJ like he did Huerta. But in the end the fight was never close, the champ was always up on my cards.

4. roy

August 12, 2009 at 3:26 am

kenny needs to drop the excuses, he lost every round in my book and was beat because bj is the better fighter at everything not because of kenny's lay off. kenny is a solid fighter and will get better but he got there by not beating one of the ufc's wrestlers, next time to get to the top he will have to get through people like diego,maynard,edgar,tyson and i don't think he will beat those guys.

5. STEVEO

August 12, 2009 at 4:18 am

I am a big kenny fan, but there is no way he won any more than MAYBE the second round and thats prolly a push

6. TCash

August 12, 2009 at 5:08 am

What a chump. This guy is so far from a class act it is not funny. Excuses was all i heard in that interview and a pompous attitude. He got beat and if lying about someone telling him he was winning the fight on points makes him feel better, then so be it. Outside of his lay and pray, in this case push up against the cage and pray, he had nothing for Penn. And to top it off he pushes the blame for his poor showing on not being in the ring for 9 months. Guy is such a joke and I pray he never obtains a shot at the title again. He would make a piss poor rep of the UFC. Bad thing is, when I was looking at who I wanted to win, I found I like neither of them. Both were arrogant, poor loosers, poor sportsmen, etc yet at the end of the day, Florian irritated me more. Now after hearing this dribble, I am 100% sure I picked the right guy to win and am so glad Florian was finished. Had it gone to decision and Penn would have won, we would have never heard the end of it!

7. Tim

August 12, 2009 at 6:04 am

Doesnt this remind you of someone…good old BJ himself…talk about lying and not speaking the truth…when BJ loses he ALWAYS has a freaking excuse…i am sick of him and all the others out there…shit nothing happened in that fight to even come close to saying Florian won any round let alone could of won if it went to decision. I know people have there reasons for losing fights and while some have legit excuses for losing plainly some are just cry babies. BJ is a cry baby forever in my books and Florian now as well.

8. Jay

August 12, 2009 at 10:08 am

Well he trained with GSP for this fight and he was trying to follow the same game plan for his fight against BJ and he was unsuccesful in trying to ge the take down because BJ has awesome take down defense and is so flexible. Even GSP in the first round had difficulty taking him down. BJ looks solid at 155 and is a force to be reckoned with. I dont think Kenny ws mentally there for this fight