Kimbo Slice vs. Seth Petruzelli Rematch An Option For NYE K-1 DREAM Show?

Updated: October 29, 2008
mma_kimbo_petruzelli

In an interview with the Sun Sentinal, Kimbo Slice’s manager Mike Imber stated that they are weighing the possibility of a rematch with Seth Petruzelli at the K-1 DREAM New Years Eve set to take place in Japan.

Rookie MMA fighter Kimbo Slice is already back in a local gym after his 14-second loss to lastminute replacement and UFC light heavyweight washout Seth Petruzelli in Sunrise.

Slice, who spent Thursday at one of his children’s school career day, is weighing his options with his agent Mike Imber. He may fight on the DREAM K-1 New Year’s Eve show in Japan, possibly a rematch with Petruzelli.

1. TIM

October 29, 2008 at 7:33 am

HMM i thought all Elite XC fighters were tied up with legal battles and couldnt fight till at least next year? Is that not true? anyways same thing is going to happen…Kimbo is just too damn slow and has no technique and techique punches with some power is always better than wild punches with alot of power in my eyes.

2. Yo Mama

October 29, 2008 at 7:46 am

…actually I dont think Kimbo was knocked out in this pic. He just wanted a closer look at Petrozelli's sweet ankle tat!

3. TIM

October 29, 2008 at 8:27 am

LOL

4. Jake

October 29, 2008 at 9:28 am

Damn …. Kimbos got some skinny ass chicken legs

5. Alex

October 29, 2008 at 9:29 am

Yes…fight of the year!

6. Kimbo Slice

October 29, 2008 at 9:30 am

That would be a great fight! I know Kimbo already got his butt beat, but I would expect him to come out on top if they were to fight again.

7. Ian

October 29, 2008 at 9:31 am

Does anyone think K-1/Dream will pay him the same amount he got last time for his 14 second loss ($500,000 I believe)?

8. whodini

October 29, 2008 at 10:02 am

yeah he's got cankles

9. zalbag

October 29, 2008 at 10:09 am

I always thought kimbos next fight would be on TNA impact, prolly TITOs too

10. Ryan S

October 29, 2008 at 10:58 am

Kimbo's got those Muay Thai shins. I think if they fought again, it would end the same way, Petruzelli's hand raised, but it would last longer.

11. Kash

October 29, 2008 at 11:30 am

I'm working on my Halloween costume and I got the idea from here….someone always calls him 'Bimbo Slice'. I think that would be a funny Halloween costume. A female Kimbo.

12. Onri

October 29, 2008 at 11:46 am

Bimbo Slice huh…thats going to be an ugly ass costume.

I think DREAM is going to buy both of them for bottom dollar and it will get a lot of attention. I'm glad, DREAM is the shit and I love their tournament style. If this fight gets them more rec then thats good.

13. dane drebin

October 29, 2008 at 2:21 pm

hopefully the tramp stamped troll doll will win in 13 seconds this time lol jk

i wouldnt mind seeing kimbo beat him. i think if kimbo can beat him it will be the first REAL fighter he has ever beaten. i think thompson was a real fighter but i dont think kimbo beat him.

14. steve

October 29, 2008 at 4:47 pm

I 100% think kimbo beat thompson but I am interested to see how kimbo handles the loss and how he will comeback. Will he comeback and actually continue to gain experience or will he just try and earn a couple pay checks to make a living?

October 30, 2008 at 1:05 am

the rematch would be good but still Kimbo cant beat Seith and seith will be at heavy weight not light heavy when they fight..

hey i dont think it will be a better fight hen the first mostly go to the 2 roud

16. TIM

October 30, 2008 at 2:49 am

Same thing will occur Seth will Win dont know about the finish but Kimb o sucks.

17. Oswald Gobblecock

October 30, 2008 at 6:27 am

Why doesn't Kimbo let Thompson have a rematch? That was the close fight, I think Kimbo only won cause of the ear popping and no stoppage in Rd 2.

18. TIM

October 30, 2008 at 6:35 am

Ya i agree probably because he would get killed this time around and that fight was such a fix…come on a ear like that not drained prior to the fight? That wouldnt happen in the UFC the Athletic Commision would drain that shit before the fight.

19. Anthony

November 28, 2008 at 7:10 am

I think Kimbo will knock him out in 13 seconds. Did you see seth, he was getting stalked down and was up against the cage praying, and threw a straight right and stunned kimbo, kimbo will crush him next time