M-1 Global’s Jerry Millen, Lesnar Deserving Of A Fight With Fedor?

Updated: August 6, 2009

brock-lesnar-ufc-87

M-1 Global exec Jerry Millen responds to the allegation that Fedor Emelianenko is dodging UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar,

“Is the best competition in the UFC? …. I don’t know. Any given day, anyone can be the best competition. Do I think Brock Lesnar is the best competition for Fedor right now? I don’t know. Is he? He’s only had five MMA fights.”

“There might be another guy out there that deserves to fight Fedor — maybe a guy that’s been fighting 10 years that has 20 fights, 30 fights under his belt. Maybe he deserves a shot. Why does Brock Lesnar deserve that shot just because he’s champion of the UFC?”

“I can’t speak for Fedor, but I can tell you what I think. I think Fedor’s already proven his legacy. I was at all of his fights in PRIDE, and I no-doubt saw the best fighter in the world perform.” [MMAJunkie]

August 6, 2009 at 4:40 am

HAHAHAHAHA funny

2. Chip

August 6, 2009 at 5:23 am

Yea Tank Abbot is pretty experienced…….Maybe he is next in line to fight Fedor. Fedors legacy is that he was a good fighter but never pushed himself to fight the best and just road on what his record is. Fedor's ruined!!!!

3. Paradoxx

August 6, 2009 at 5:24 am

They do realize that Overeem is like 4-1 at HW with wins over no one worth mentioning and Rogers has 1 big win to his name…

They should be careful with that "deserving" tag cause the only Strikeforce fighter really deserving of a fight with Fedor is Werdum.

4. T.R.

August 6, 2009 at 5:48 am

and werdum got beat by arloski and koed by dos santos then booted from the ufc. i still think the best comp is in the ufc for fedor.

5. Jay

August 6, 2009 at 5:56 am

Werdum is not well rounded but he is World Class In BJJ

6. Tim

August 6, 2009 at 6:44 am

LOL…seriously if that comment alone doesnt prove that M-1 and Fedor are afraid of losing to any top ranked UFC fighter, i dont know what does.

Fedor vs Lesnar= big pay day, major exposure for both fighters and a guarentee that one will go to the hospital after the fight and my guess if you ask Frank Mir its going to be Fedor….DAMN!!

7. miko

August 6, 2009 at 6:54 am

"Millen and the crew over at M-1 have been drinking to much Kool-Aid, if they don’t think Lesnar vs Fedor isn’t the best fight out their for Fedor."

I don't think you meant it to sound like it but your comment really sounds like someone whose drank too much of the Kool-aid made by Dana.

8. Davey

August 6, 2009 at 6:56 am

This is more bad news for Fedor, it makes it look like everyone is making excuses for him to take on lame competitors. His Pound for Pound ranking is about to falter for the first time.

Oh well. let's just focus on the Fighters that will take on all challengers…

9. Tim

August 6, 2009 at 7:08 am

Exactly, focus on the fighters who consistently fight the best of their weight class and the up and coming stars of their divisions instead of dodging the true comp. I hope one the the strikforce HWGHTS beats Fedor as that would really show M-1 and Fedor. Not likely but anything can happen.

Seriously no disrespect to Fedor and his fans as the man is a legend, i just think that present day he is a fool and overrated as he does not fight top rated fighters consistently.

10. Ryan S

August 6, 2009 at 8:17 am

If I were Fedor and I had the money he has, I would give a big "Fuck you" to Dana White too. He has been nothing but a fucking prick to a man who, has he ever even met? I don't know, I still think it has nothing to do with fear. But yeah, this assclown definately makes Fedor look bad by saying stupid things like this. "Is he the best fight for him just because he is the UFC Champ?" Yeah, that pretty much makes him #1 heavyweight by ranking. Is there another heavyweight Champ in the world that would beat Lesnar? Or any other heavyweight outside of the UFC? I don't really think so but I could be wrong. Well, except for Jose Canseco…lol

11. AFRAIDOR MILLIONERKO

August 6, 2009 at 9:32 am

I love it!!! "Maybe some guy who's been fighting for ten years or "….. or more…..or..or..m-m-maybe..maybe some guy we've never even heard of before…y-y-yeah…that's it. That's the ticket. READ: "I don't think my man can beat Brock."…Who out here would NOT watch that fight?! Regardless of your allegiance! C'mon….site business, say it was their mgmat vs our mgmt…WHATEVER! But that right there was some CRAZY A$$ S#it!….I think that if we're gonna talk who deserves what…we should all be able to agree that Fedork deserves a little bit more faith from his own camp and the shot at the BIGGEST payday of his life. JOKE_JOKE_JOKE!

12. Joey

August 6, 2009 at 10:45 am

Problem with him saying Fedor proved his legacy is that MMA didn't really grow into a competitive, legit sport until the last 3 or 4 years. Fedor is already a legend and will be but he's got to face the new breed of heavyweights like Brock to really make a statement before he leaves.