Manny Gamburyan Off To The WEC Featherweight Division

Updated: February 19, 2009
gamburyan1

gamburyan1

TUF Finalist Manny “Anvil” Gamburyan will drop down to the World Extreme Cagefighting’s (WEC) featherweight division, according to MMAWeekly.

Gamburyan loss his last two fights in the UFC – First to Rob Emerson via 12 sec flash KO at UFC 87 and most recently to Thiago Tavares at UFC 94.

“I don’t know if the cut is going to be hard or easy — I haven’t made 145 in almost 10 years — but I’m going to do it in a good way”

“There are a lot of good guys at 145 also … Mike Brown, Leonard Garcia, Urijah Faber, Jens Pulver. But I think my ability to drop to 145 — I’m going to be a lot stronger, and quicker. At 155, my technique is my advantage, because the day I’m fighting, I’m 160, 162. The guys are outweighing me by at least 20 pounds every fight, so I don’t think that’s fair.”

“I’ve never been this excited in my life,”

No exact date has been set for his WEC debut, but he expects to fight sometime in May or June depending on the WEC schedule.

February 19, 2009 at 3:47 am

WOW i think Manny will Kill everyone in 145, Manny is a fucking beast..Jens vs Manny watch because Jens was Mannys caoch… i think he will kill jens, faber, Gracia him and Brown would be a war..

2. roy

February 19, 2009 at 4:54 am

i don't think he will beat faber,brown,garcia,aldo,fabiano,and i don't even know if he would beat jens so i don't know if the move down will do him alot of good except that he would have probally been cut from the ufc after another loss.i am sure he could beat some of the lower level guys but not the top at 145.

3. STEVEO

February 19, 2009 at 6:13 am

bye bye manny cheap shot

4. lmde

February 19, 2009 at 7:21 am

Very good decision. Good luck Manny!

5. whodini

February 19, 2009 at 8:41 am

another loser bites the dust … does anyone really care ? i guess they got tired of him getting his ass kicked so they dumped him

6. Ryan S

February 19, 2009 at 12:28 pm

yeah, I hate this guy. He fights dirty and has a horrible Napolean Complex.

7. Ryan S

February 19, 2009 at 12:28 pm

well, I've really only seen him do one dirty thing, but it was pretty shitty.

8. whodini

February 19, 2009 at 1:00 pm

im just not a big fan of him or his cousin .. never was

9. dane drebin

February 19, 2009 at 7:55 pm

dont like his personality but love watching the armenian devil fight i think he will be one of the higher ups in 145 for sure.