MMA Quick Hits: UFC 91 Fight Night

Updated: November 15, 2008
chuck liddell dancers

Just as the mainstream media hype machine gets rolling on UFC 91, some overlooked MMA news has hit the blogs.

• Chuck Liddell left USO tour due to illness or was he KICKED out?
  • Scott Smith will take on Terry Martin at Strikeforce “Destruction” on Nov. 21
  • Randy Couture and Brock Lesnar fight salaries have been released early by the CSAC.
  • Showtime gives in, cancels ProElite asset sale.
  • Kala Kolohe Hose vs. Kalib Starnes fight cancelled; Five minute rounds to much for Hose?

“On November 12, 2009, just three training days before the scheduled contest, I discovered that the promoter had altered my contract after I had signed and returned it. Upon review, it was apparent that he had changed the notation of “three three-minute rounds” to “three five-minute rounds.” I was very upset knowing that the promoter made this change without appropriately informing me. This discovery halted the momentum of my training camp.”

1. Ryan S

November 15, 2008 at 7:31 am

Kalib Starnes is probably breathing a BIG sigh of relief. It is pretty exhilarating running in circles. I think The Couture/Lesnar payouts a pretty fair. Lesnar should get a good guaranteed pay for the draw, but his win bonus shouldn't be higher than the veterans.

2. Kash

November 15, 2008 at 8:13 am

Great pic of Chuck I wouldnt be suprised if he did party it up and get booted. Good payouts for Lesnar and Couture…250 grand guaranteed for both of them.

3. Ryan S

November 16, 2008 at 3:39 am

Is it just me or does the girl on the far right look like she has a nice beer gut? I know she is bent over, but wow. That's a pretty impressive bulge.

4. Kash

November 16, 2008 at 4:59 am

Its not just you

5. dane drebin

November 16, 2008 at 6:06 am

thats why liddell is attracted to her

6. PooPooPlatter

November 16, 2008 at 9:23 am

The black girl on the right has a "Chuck belly". LOL!