More Spam: BJ Penn Won’t Let Grease Gate Die

Updated: March 20, 2009

BJ Penn still talking about taking action against GSP on the whole UFC 94 “Grease Gate” controversy. Penn also again confirms Kenny Florian sent him a text, warning him that GSP will be using grease at UFC 94.

1. kom34

March 20, 2009 at 3:08 pm

cage, nice title. personally i think nurse will get a small suspension and fine while jackson and gsp get off clean for this.

2. steve

March 20, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Anything to make an excuse for his lackluster performance. Keep talking BJ your losing fans with every interview.

3. jack

March 20, 2009 at 5:33 pm

BJ Penn should be suspended if he continues this crap. It is over and when he loses to florian he will have another excuse like he is still distracted by all his soap opera antics and will have to cry to his mom for support. Penn will get what he deserves from here on.

4. Oswald Gobblecock

March 20, 2009 at 8:08 pm

I gotta say I was a fan of BJ before his 2nd fight with GSP but he's pretty much lost me. Don't know what he could do to win me back if anything.

5. CYRYUS

March 21, 2009 at 1:57 am

Maybe it is time for BJ to stop now that NSAC is taking care of it, but you should all stop bitching about him bitching to make the sport fair for everyone. Do you guys want to be debating in 10 years whether GSP was the greatest welterweight ever if there are several fights on his resume where people are screaming greaser? I doubt it. MMA does not need a poster boy like the MLB has with Barry Bonds and Alex Rodriguez. This shit needs to be halted here, and now, and I'm glad BJ is out there bitching and trying to get attention brought to this subject because it seems like all these other fighters like Matt Hughes and Sean Sherk just want to cry about it behind closed doors. If you think someone was cheating, open your fucking mouth and say so, because I don't want this sport tainted like every other mainstream sport seems to be getting tainted.

6. Cobra Clutch

March 21, 2009 at 3:21 am

Haha. Cyryus is bitching about all you guys bitching about Penn bitching. hahahaha.

7. jack

March 21, 2009 at 5:06 am

seriously you would think penn has more important things to be doing right now like preparing for his next fight but that will just give him another excuse for another loss. anyone who is backing penn on this should call their mommy.

8. KC

March 21, 2009 at 8:59 am

Hells yeah I grease for every fight too! As a matter O fact I carry a gallon of crisco in my trunk just in case something jumps off when I'm out on the town… pathetic!!!!

9. Bodey

March 24, 2009 at 1:19 am

If anyone thinks these guys don't do whatever it takes to win you're fooling yourselves, they try to get away with anything and everything they can to give themselves an advantage. I think that's why no one else has said anything about it until now, because it's just a part of the sport.

With that said I don't care for Penn and some Vaseline didn't make a difference in this fight, but that doesn't make it right either, if GSP broke the rules it's still cheating even if it didn't end up making a difference in the fight and now it’s up to the commission to hand out the punishments and or fines and as CYRUS said, it does need to be addressed to avoid these problems in the future.

Of course that’s just my opinion, I could be wrong.