Nick Diaz Given The Boot From UFC 137, Carlos Condit Will Now Face GSP

nick diaz bird

After not showing up to the UFC 137 press conference in Toronto, UFC President Dana White informed media that Nick Diaz will no longer be fighting for the welterweight title and will be replace by Carlos Condit. Condit has slated to face BJ Penn on the same card, Dana White says the UFC has yet to talk with “That Crazy Hawaiian” BJ Penn.

“Nick Diaz can’t handle the pressure of a major main event. … That’s what I think … I’ve had my reservations about this kid … Nick Diaz has lost his opportunity at the welterweight championship, and Carlos Condit has gotten it.”

“I would have to assume that, yes, we’re probably going to let him go, but we’ll see what happens.”

Apparently Nick slipped away from manager/trainer Cesar Gracie on Monday and has not been seen since. Gracie:

“I’ve stuck up for Nick, even when he was wrong before … But he’s let a lot of people down. He’s let his team down. We all bought plane tickets to Vegas. We got hotel rooms booked, paid for. We’ve got all that, and Nick just decided not to go to something he’s supposed to. They’re paying him a lot of money, and in this economy where people don’t have money, he’s blessed. He should be thanking God every night how blessed he is.

He’s one of my black belts. But in this situation, he is 100 percent wrong, and he got what he deserved.” [Junkie]

Where in the World is Nick Diaz?

Full video of Dana White addressing the situation below.

1. Anonymous

September 7, 2011 at 9:38 pm

WE ALL NEED TO BE SO DONE WITH THIS CHUMP!

2. Anonymous

September 7, 2011 at 9:38 pm

WE ALL NEED TO BE SO DONE WITH THIS CHUMP!

3. Anonymous

September 7, 2011 at 9:38 pm

WE ALL NEED TO BE SO DONE WITH THIS CHUMP!

4. Anonymous

September 7, 2011 at 9:38 pm

WE ALL NEED TO BE SO DONE WITH THIS CHUMP!

5. Anonymous

September 7, 2011 at 2:38 pm

WE ALL NEED TO BE SO DONE WITH THIS CHUMP!

6. CW

September 7, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Nooo. No GSP vs. Diaz, No Penn vs. Penn. Thanks Nick^^

7. Juan Twu

September 7, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Fuck Nick Diaz.

Back to the 209 gangsta.

8. Ryan S.

September 7, 2011 at 3:18 pm

I think Carlos Condit will make this an awesome fight.  I'd rather see him fight than Diaz

• Anonymous

September 7, 2011 at 11:55 pm

He deserves it behind Diaz for sure. I think he'll put of a Fitch of a fight but he most likely won't be leaving with the belt.

9. Ryan S.

September 7, 2011 at 10:18 pm

I think Carlos Condit will make this an awesome fight.  I’d rather see him fight than Diaz

10. Joe

September 7, 2011 at 3:21 pm

nick's legend will be that of the most entertaining mma fighter in and out of the octagon.
    the fight w/ gsp would have been, literally, a suffocating bore- like koschek.pro boxing next. can't wait!

11. Anonymous

September 7, 2011 at 3:54 pm

So is he cut from the UFC as well?  This guys is a clear cut f up when it really counts. This was probably his last shot at the top of the mountain in the sport he chose as a career. And all of the fans wanted to see this fight.

Carlos Condit is going to be a good opponent but Nick Diaz is such an unorthodox fighter I wanted to see what he could do against GSP.

12. lucky

September 7, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Doing the 209 dirty.

13. CoolVanilla300C

September 7, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I LOVE IT!!!! This just goes to show why he was booted from the UFC in the first place(other than the failed drug screen). Another d-bag move from a known punk. Though I will say that I wanted to see GSP whoop up on Diaz, but I wanted to see The NBK vs GSP even more which was not guaranteed previously.

• Anonymous

September 7, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Dude's got mental problems. Even Gracie said he's got social anxiety and he loves to fight but can't handle the press conferences. He needs some help because in his profession he just passed up the last and greatest chance he would ever had. Bye bye I guess. Off to boxing oblivion.

14. CoolVanilla300C

September 7, 2011 at 5:36 pm

By the look of the picture, it would appear that Nick is still in his old room at his mom's house.

15. Anonymous

September 8, 2011 at 12:01 am

C'mon Carlos Condit is a really good fighter but a really good fighter can't beat GSP. Neither fight would have been really interesting but seeing Condit fight is much more uninteresting than watching Diaz fight. Sucks Diaz is such a flake. I was looking forward to it.

16. Anonymous

September 8, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Breaking news in this dumb ass saga…the replacement to fight BJ Penn in place for Carlos Condit is going to be Nick Diaz. I was excited about GSP vs. Diaz and BJ vs. Condit. But really I'm too excited about these two changed fights.  Why? Because I don't think Condit is enough of a threat to GSP.

• zulu2

September 8, 2011 at 6:14 pm

I think Condit is by far the biggest threat in the division, awesome bjj, awesome striking, awesome chin, awesome conditioning and most importantly I think Condit genuinely believes he can beat GSP. Unlike his last 5 or so opponents.

• Anonymous

September 8, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I've watched every fight of Condit since his Rumble fight with Jake Shields. And he has impressed me a lot but I don't think he has the athleticism of GSP. I don't at all think GSP will finish him and I think of this fight as going down a lot like his fight with Fitch. A really tough to finish competitor with a ton of talent, who can beat anyone else in the division, but who doesn't match up athletically with GSP. St Pierre is not a risk taker so I don't see him doing anything else but grinding out a victory. I was looking forward to Diaz because he is so unorthodox and has beat great strikers and grapplers at their own game, I wanted to see what he could bring to the table.

17. Tommandich

November 18, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Ya well the fight is back on cos all you trolls thought BJ was going to woop Nick,so come up with some more originals.

• tommandich=troll

November 18, 2011 at 5:21 pm

you're talking about trolls, but what do you know about that dich.