Nick Diaz vs Joe Riggs 2 Set For Strikeforce “Carano vs Cyborg” Aug 15

Updated: June 29, 2009

diaz vs Riggs

Rematch time, Nick Diaz will take on Joe Riggs on Strikeforce “Carano vs Cyborg” on August 15th, according to Carsons Corner.

Riggs defeated Diaz by unanimous decision at UFC 57 “Liddell vs Couture 3″ back in 2006.

For the latest on Strikeforce “Carano vs Cybog”, check out our MMA Rumors section.

June 29, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Nick will get the win with easy…By Sub or Tko..Nick is a badass at 170,185 and a god at 155…i love how he stays super busy

June 29, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Martin Kampmann vs. Mike Swick signed for UFC 103 bout in September…

Good fight..i see swicking winning a super hard fight..

3. Jay

June 29, 2009 at 2:28 pm

I live in Berkeley where and i see nick sometimes at Jake shields gym in Berkeley also. really cool guy I am 5'10 200lbs and he man handled me. Nick walks around 195 to 200, there is no way he makes 155 he told me he sometimes has ha trouble cutting to 170. But he can do it.

He eats a vegan diet and Jake shields is also a vegetarian. This is no the same Nick guys he is 5 times better than we some him in the ufc. He is a ressurected Nick Diaz and he will whoop riggs ass this time for sure.

4. Mike

June 29, 2009 at 10:03 pm

has Dana taken up a new form of karate?!

5. sy

June 29, 2009 at 11:35 pm

yea its called im a cunt kun do

June 30, 2009 at 12:31 am

Wanderlei silva wants Rematch with Vitor belfort!

7. ArmyGI

June 30, 2009 at 12:53 am

I thought Riggs broke his hand in the Baroni fight? Isnt this a little quick to have his hand healed and a proper camp in before 15 AUG?

FTR.. Riggs looked real impressive in his last fight also. He wasnt carrying as much weight into the fight at 170 like he has in the past. He looked to have a great gas tank and his skills looked to be top notch. I dont know that Diaz is going to walk through him. I think this is going to be a excellent fight!

8. Businessman

June 30, 2009 at 1:46 am

I agree that Riggs has never has never looked better than he did against Baroni but Baroni is pretty bad. He could have made a lot of guys look good. I have always thought that Riggs was way over-rated.

Nick is going to kill him. I agree with Jay that he has improved tremendously since being on the UFC, and he was already pretty good then. I really like his style. He is always active and charging forward. I met him years ago at the Pan American Jiu Jitsu tournament and he was a real nice guy. I was there with the Carlson Gracie Team and he came and said hi to Carlson and to all of us. He can appear to be a real dick but I think it is mostly an act to sell the fights, something that I think promoters are pushing – for fighters to have an edge and talk smack so that the drama make the fight bigger. But in person, he was really nice.

June 30, 2009 at 2:04 am

true that

10. Ko209

June 30, 2009 at 7:40 am

Comment #3 by jay is so retarded. I have been training with nick for about 6 years now at both pacific coast and now at elite mma. he has made 155 weight plenty of times. He is a work horse and his weight has never been a issue. He almost didn't make the 186 catch weight he went with frank shamrock. It was to much to gain in to little of time. That's about it his natural weight is about 165 to 175. He will win though. Like he beat his ass in the hospital. And his attitude is no act. He has respect but he can still be the biggest asshole

11. Jay

July 1, 2009 at 5:43 am

your the retard. why did he fail to make weight for the hawiian elite xc event "Return of the king" last june 14,2008????? Plenty of times huh ko209??? FAILED TO MAKE WEIGHT.

12. Silver

July 5, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Gina Carano vs cyborg would be a nice fight

Carano is pretty hot for a chick who'd whoop my ass.