Phil Baroni To Fight Ninja Rua On CBS

Updated: March 26, 2008
ninja rua

ninja rua

According to ProElite, Phil Baroni will return to action against former EliteXC welterweight champion Murilo “Ninja” Rua at the EliteXC debut show on CBS May 31.

ProElite.com confirmed with Baroni through text message that the match has been signed.

Baroni (10-9) is coming off a beating by Kala Hose at ICON Sports March 15 welterweight title bout in Hawaii. Baroni lost all but one of the five round title match, but showed his ability to take damage as he took the fight to the fifth round before losing by TKO.

Ninja Rua (15-8-1) brother of UFC fighter Shogun Rua is coming off a second round submission win over Xavier Pokam at Cage Rage 24 in December.

1. Kash

March 26, 2008 at 3:52 am

I think with weather Baroni's early storm, then catch him in a submission.

2. Kash

March 26, 2008 at 3:53 am

I think Rua will weather Baroni's early storm, then catch him in a submission.

3. Achilles

March 26, 2008 at 3:59 am

I don't know NINJA was knocked out by ROBBIE LAWLER Baroni is a stronger striker than he is the only way ninja can last is if he pulls a Pete Sell and catches him in a Gillotine Choke

4. Kash

March 26, 2008 at 4:04 am

I agree with that Achilles. But I think Lawler is a better athlete and more complete fighter than Baroni. Thats why if I was ninja I would weather the storm in the first and take him down in the second. I think Ninja can hang with strikers as long as he is smart about it. Before Lawler, Ninja was doing well in the exchanges against Villasenior who is a great kick boxer.

5. roy

March 26, 2008 at 4:13 am

i agree kash ninja should win by submission,but if he is not carefull phil can knock him out.

6. Achilles

March 26, 2008 at 4:21 am

You both are right I am just a little bitter. I was pulling for NINJA big time in the ROBBIE LAWLER fight and he made me lose some money so I kind of jumped off his band wagon because of it

March 26, 2008 at 6:42 am

i think phill is going to lose and robbie lawer will be phill..

March 26, 2008 at 6:43 am

robbie wuld beat phill

9. danedrebin

March 26, 2008 at 7:51 am

go ninja!

10. Matt D.

March 27, 2008 at 2:05 am

I don't know why, but I'm still on the Ninja bandwagon. Some of his early PRIDE fights were insane. The fight where he beat Rampage and was robbed (Rampage tried to give him the winner's trophy as he left the ring) cemented Ninja's place as one of my favorite fighters. I know Ninja's had a tough time lately, but I don't think Baroni has a chance in hell.